10 Reasons Gay Marriage is Unamerican and Wrong

Yes, isn't that wonderful? Finally, Prop 8 is no more. . .and I hope it will go to appeal, and eventually to the SCOTUS.

It's fine if it takes a couple of years. . .in fact, it's even better! Because every month that goes by, more people see the light, and recognize that gay marriage is not the threat to marriage, that divorce, and domestic abuse, and pedophilia, and murder are.

And every month that goes by, more people will be advocating for equal rights!

Werbung:
So. . .if "a small group of judge" cannot listen to a LARGE minority advocate for what they want, why would you say that a SMALL minority of wealthy, hyper religious people should be able to affect the law. . .through "BUYING" votes?

So. . .if "a small group of judge" cannot listen to a LARGE minority advocate for what they want, why would you say that a SMALL minority of wealthy, hyper religious people should be able to affect the law. . .through "BUYING" votes?

you are aware that the majority of California voters voted for this, twice right ?

you are aware that the majority of California voters voted for this, twice right ?

Gay marriage was legalized in CA, and Prop 8 overturned that law at the polls. . .which were HEAVILY bought by people who didn't LIVE in CA! It is a well known fact that Utah, in particular the Mormons, dumped a LOT of money to buy those elections. . .and were barely successful.

The fact is that, after living for 15 years in CA, I know that the great majority of the people there are either pro-gay rights, or indifferent to it.

Twice? Show me please.

Gay marriage was legalized in CA, and Prop 8 overturned that law at the polls. . .which were HEAVILY bought by people who didn't LIVE in CA! It is a well known fact that Utah, in particular the Mormons, dumped a LOT of money to buy those elections. . .and were barely successful.

The fact is that, after living for 15 years in CA, I know that the great majority of the people there are either pro-gay rights, or indifferent to it.

Twice? Show me please.

they voted it into existence then courts said it violated the Cali constitution so they voted to amend the constitution. dont recall the prop numbers but thats twice. Cali is a big state and is far more diverse than you give it credit for being. outside the population centers its more conservative.

if your assertion were correct the votes would have been different. Californians do the voting, not Utahans.

"Remind me again why we stopped hanging traitors to this country? Because I have to tell ya--if it was to spare the New York Times from losing most of it's writing staff--we need to re-think this!"
Federal Appeals Court Rules California’s Ban on Gay Marriage Is Unconstitutional
A federal appeals court panel ruled Tuesday that a voter-approved ban on gay marriage in California violated the Constitution, all but ensuring that the case will proceed to the United States Supreme Court.
Read More:
http://www.nytimes.com/?emc=na

Interesting that it should go there. The original allegation was that it violated the California Constitution.

Be that as it may, the fight is not over yet.

they voted it into existence then courts said it violated the Cali constitution so they voted to amend the constitution. dont recall the prop numbers but thats twice. Cali is a big state and is far more diverse than you give it credit for being. outside the population centers its more conservative.

if your assertion were correct the votes would have been different. Californians do the voting, not Utahans.

And you know all that about the CA population because?

I lived there, three times, for a total of 18 years.

I have many friends there. . .in smaller towns, I worked in very small towns.

And, no matter how you want to try to rationalize the "big town vs small town" opinionBS, it IS in big towns that the greatest majority of votes come from

Utah skewed the votes (and not by that much, by the way, it was hardly a landslide decision!) by throwing in $70 millions of OUTSIDE money into the affairs of One state. . .

Talk about State supremacy and right of self government!

Any way, the decision is in, and it will take a lot more money to overturn it again. . .probably a few times before people all over the US grow up and catch up with the 21st century!

Maybe their just going about it the wrong way.."Is it just me or does it seem slightly counter-productive attempting to convince straight society that our relationships deserve to be validated and that we can create and raise functioning families while marching down Main Street America wearing ass-less chaps and a dog-collar?
Nah! Probably just me

Maybe their just going about it the wrong way.."Is it just me or does it seem slightly counter-productive attempting to convince straight society that our relationships deserve to be validated and that we can create and raise functioning families while marching down Main Street America wearing ass-less chaps and a dog-collar?
Nah! Probably just me

good point but to be fair not all homosexuals do that.
of course there are some for whom those outfits are... lets just say, unflattering.

good point but to be fair not all homosexuals do that.
of course there are some for whom those outfits are... lets just say, unflattering.
dog..you know what I am?
"Just your typical, immodest-dressing, swarthy female-loving, friend-to-homosexuals ultraconservative." l9l

Excellent OP. Quite amusing and telling, effectively showing the hypocrisy of the entire argument against what really is a civil rights issue in my eyes.
Well that would appear to put you in a bad light. Because like slavery, abortion and gay unions are not argued on that basis. As Lincoln said of slavery: They don't want you to say it's legal they want you to say it is a social good.

All Obergefell did was institutionalize hatred.
" the court's decision "enables courts and governments to brand religious adherents who believe that marriage is between one man and one woman as bigots, making their religious liberty concerns that much easier to dismiss."
I know many who support gay unions but find homosexuality a disgusting anti-social perversion.
Have you really conflated 2 utterly different things? I believe you have.

Werbung:
Well that would appear to put you in a bad light. Because like slavery, abortion and gay unions are not argued on that basis. As Lincoln said of slavery: They don't want you to say it's legal they want you to say it is a social good.

All Obergefell did was institutionalize hatred.
" the court's decision "enables courts and governments to brand religious adherents who believe that marriage is between one man and one woman as bigots, making their religious liberty concerns that much easier to dismiss."
I know many who support gay unions but find homosexuality a disgusting anti-social perversion.
Have you really conflated 2 utterly different things? I believe you have.
That's all the decision did? Lol

Back