Anti-Theism in America

How about Muslims? Why does Islam get a big ol pass from all the religion haters? In fact, some of the most fervent Anti-Christians seem to be apologists for the atrocities of Muslims... especially where terrorism is concerned.

Maybe its because you know that insulting Islam is bad for your health and that Christians are pacifist enough to take insults without threatening, or causing, you bodily harm.

345-muslim-outrage.jpg

Of course, those people aren't the REAL enemy....

Its those intolerant Christians we have to watch out for... Like Andy. :rolleyes:

They don't. now while I'm not a religion hater, I do hate ignorance, and religion OFTEN (not always) perpetuates this. Islam has a bad rap, it's a swear word on tv, used to strike fear, the name of a religion now a pejorative insult (as seen with the whole obama is islamic roll coming from the GOP and their stupid commercials) The thing is, Islam is not "bad" just the same as christianity is not "bad." Mind you, a lot of arabs are nuts, violent, and just quite retarded; free ride for christian's since they're nice and well reared? No, tons of jerk offs in that faction too. The problem is Islam gets media attention when it shows off its teeth, christians get sheared to the side as an extremist side group unrelated to the majority. Arab blows something up, this reflects on islam, christian blows something up, this is considered a solo escapade by an unrelated group, christianity being the ideology that led to the violence notwithstanding. Check in africa, there's a load of christian nutters whacking folks left and right, Isreal you have some loony christians doing some real shipshod stuff, the jewish religious extremists are as many as the others as well. It's all a load of bologna to say that any religion is more or less apt to violence; the good books of each all have some violent and horrific stories that can imbue one with righteous obligation when you believe that its the holy word. But this, this is why islam seems to get a free ride, they don't, it's an incorrect attempt at balancing by those folks...

Werbung:
All religions that have a god as their base perpetuate ignorance.

If you made your child believe in father xmas into adulthood people would rightly think you guilty of perpetuating ignorance to a point of child abuse.

Doing the same thing to children with religion is no different

All religions that have a god as their base perpetuate ignorance.

If you made your child believe in father xmas into adulthood people would rightly think you guilty of perpetuating ignorance to a point of child abuse.

Doing the same thing to children with religion is no different

I beg to differ. I've met many a christian who would be hard pressed to view a single biblical quote as "literal" when they view the whole thing metaphorically the ignorance often vanishes. This includes realizing that the times the stories were written that societies had different ideals, not necessarily related to the religion.

I'm no atheist, I don't really believe in a higher power that is controlling anything, I do feel something is here, since I'm a viewing the passage of time from a specific loci, something must be here.... Although it could simply be that by self-realization we humans "feel" that we exist, when we're but a mash up of self referential thoughts; still doesn't explain why I myself am me. My addiction to science however requires I consider it to be a natural phenomena of some sort. Spirits? Souls? Higher planes of existence? Maybe, but it's all part of nature (and not the solstice worshiping barrow and stone circle building kind of nature) .... To be honest, I nor anyone else has any knowledge of what is and isn't beyond what little nature of the universe we understand, given this, faith based ideologue can be dismissed as ignorance if you wish, however in the sense I gathered from you in this I believe you meant the ignorant ways of the follows, which I can't vouch in agreement to given those I've met... many are ignorant jack asses... but there's some in every group.

Mostly agree but what christians do is state emphatically that beyond what science can demonstrate there is god.

They expect this to be accepted as axionatic truth and yet when presented with the wealth of scientific infoamtion for the fact of evolution many of them deny it.

If you don't think that inventing a supernatural being to answer your difficult questions is nor perpetuating ignorance then we will have to agree to differ.

Mostly agree but what christians do is state emphatically that beyond what science can demonstrate there is god.

They expect this to be accepted as axionatic truth and yet when presented with the wealth of scientific infoamtion for the fact of evolution many of them deny it.

If you don't think that inventing a supernatural being to answer your difficult questions is nor perpetuating ignorance then we will have to agree to differ.

supernatural by its, nature if you will, does defy logic.. that I don't like... But then while I agree with them, you cannot disprove, they must as like agree, they cannot prove.. it becomes a statically unprovable idea, it really deserves no thought on the subject beyond 'how would something that created us, want us to behave' in my mind, it's simple, I was designed with only a few needs... one of these needs that is intrinsic to behavior is "I need to be happy" so that's it, I need to be happy and me being happy must not interfere with others need to be happy. All is solved, everyone is fine, well fed, and happy. That's my view on "religion" if there is some god or whatever, hey I did well, thanks give me a cold beer. If not, then I'll not care anyways, but at least I lived well and will remain as such in the minds of those who met me... I think if everyone thought logically about the question of is there or isn't there, simply realizing, you cannot possibly answer that, then perhaps they'd just live well also.

Christians are generally happy to say that Father xmas doesn't exist so I don't see why they should get away with taking advantage of the fact that you can't prove a negative when it comes to god.

It is a desperate form of reasoning.

Put simply, you cannot prove the non-existence of anything so really as an argument it has no value.

Strange how those who resisted are no longer around... They were executed or put into camps... Thats well documented.

If you want to make the claim the Catholic Church , , then you're horribly ignorant of history.

You continue to take us waaaay off track here from anything that I said.

I NEVER said that every last priest and parishioner was on board from day one. No where did I say that. I said that at the beginning of the rise of Hitler & the Nazi Party they and the the Catholic Church had a good working relationship as did many other people all over the world. And furthermore Hitler did not "shut down" all the Christian Churches in Germany.

Did he see them as an extension of his world goals? I'm sure he did.

Were there always some Catholics that opposed Hitler. I'm sure there were.

None of this changes my core statement in anyway. Hitler did not shut down all the Churches in Germany.

I think we understand each others point.
;)

Isn't it odd though how christians love war and killing people

Palin even thinks the war on Iraq is god's will.

What is that about?

Bombing to death hundreds and thousands of innocent men, wome and children who are just struggling to live their life.

What about all that love thy neighbour stuff?

Isn't it odd though how christians love war and killing people

Palin even thinks the war on Iraq is god's will.

What is that about?

Bombing to death hundreds and thousands of innocent men, wome and children who are just struggling to live their life.

What about all that love thy neighbour stuff?

This whole argument that Father Christmas is fake so God must be fake too seems flawed to me.

No one believes that Father Christmas is real, he is based on a tradition. You are attacking traditions to try to disprove the whole basis of the religion, when many times these traditions are not the basis of the religion.

There is as much evidence for the existence of father xmas as their is for the existence of god.

It is an analogy and it works perfectly well.

The only time science does not support the Bible is when specific people selectively view scientific data. When you filter out what is opposed to your preconceived notion that there is no god, then yes, your limited evidence suggests what you have already determined to be the truth.

Apart from that, when you look at all the evidence, like DNA, like design screams designer, like the fossil record, like carbon dating, all if it and more suggest there is a god. But most are not willing to consider evidence that goes against their willfully determined views.

Of course, the classic defense.

2 wrongs make a right.

ALL religion is bad.

Broad brush and judge-mental. I thought you were an example of tolerance? Or maybe this is an example of that supposedly open minded tolerance the left always speaks of.

Werbung:
That, my friend, is nonesense

Also known to the rest of the world as "truth".

I note you didn't present any evidence, just claimed it was non-sense. That doesn't seem to follow the scientific method you claim to support.

Back