Breakfast with a Lib

Werbung:
Geez...how in the world did America ever survive without all this progressive welfare BS??? How did America ever develop the largest middle class in the world???...in all of history???...without health care?

Such tough questions for those incapable of reason.

use of slaves, free land to people, alot of people lived in 3rd world type conditions...oo then we had that nice Depression.....we had our ways....just not good ones

Geez...how in the world did America ever survive without all this progressive welfare BS??? How did America ever develop the largest middle class in the world???...in all of history???...without health care?

Such tough questions for those incapable of reason.

When you get up to about an 8th or 9th grade history class you'll get yourself up to speed.:rolleyes:

Because actually it did very poorly. The government had to step in with Anti-Trust legislation to break up corporate monoplolies... there was that little thing called the Great Depression where all the homeless lived in slums called Hoovervilles named after Republican President Herbert Hoover ... the elderly were more and more being left destitute, homeless & without anything as families stopped living together on multi-generational farms and started moving to the cities...

You didn't know any of this huh? Glad I could help...

HOOVER:

FDR:

Most of what I say is.

Seriously.:confused:

The Republicant Party is now down to 20% and sinking and Conservatives are only a fraction of the Republicant Party.

So add that up against... the entire rest of the Republicant Party... the Independents... and the Democrats and it's pretty clear your self proclaimed brilliance is not well received.

I'm not a Republican. America needs to get its financial house in order and both parties are spending money we don't have.

Yeah yeah yeah you're some kind of a house cat, we know.

But as anyone like I that has been around you during election cycles knows you are a hard Republicant campaigner until you get your hat handed to you in defeat... and then you distance yourself from the losers you backed with light speed.

You didn't exactly invent that you know? It's exactly what Druggie Limbaugh did and it's actually very weak. It's nothing more than a thinly veiled excuse to not have to except responsibility for the fact your side was simply rejected for doing an overall terrible job.

So in defeat you then bash everybody (even those you supported) saying you had all the correct answers if they only would have listened to you tghings would have turned out differently... as if there were never any campaign or primaries or anything.

That's all a river called Da Nile my friend.
;)

use of slaves, free land to people, alot of people lived in 3rd world type conditions...oo then we had that nice Depression.....we had our ways....just not good ones

Well see this thread continues to highlight our differences. You hate your country and I love it. You think we are an evil nation and I think we are the most benevolent, generous, and a beacon of light to the world.

And you think expanding the welfare state somehow makes us a better nation. The Butcher of Vietnam (a virulent Liberal racist) passed all that Great Society BS 45 years ago and yet, we still have impoverished people. Trillions in income transfers have done nothing but enslave millions - Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder.

Well see this thread continues to highlight our differences. You hate your country and I love it. You think we are an evil nation and I think we are the most benevolent, generous, and a beacon of light to the world.

The problem that you have is that to love America you have to also love Americans.

This is something you obviously do not do. You love CERTAIN Americans in that very tiny and growing smaller everyday tent of yours.

Pocket makes a great point when HE is able to speak of not only the good but also the bad that has been a part of American history. For without honesty what one exclaims as real is nothing more than what that person is trying to sell you. People see that and then they believe nothing you say even if some of it is true.

That's what Republicant leaders have done to themselves. They have become known as world renowned liars. But they still bluster trying to somehow save face with themselves.

I think Abraham Lincoln spoke well on this problem that the Republicants are now caught up in. He said...

Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.
Abraham Lincoln

And you think expanding the welfare state somehow makes us a better nation. The Butcher of Vietnam (a virulent Liberal racist) passed all that Great Society BS 45 years ago and yet, we still have impoverished people. Trillions in income transfers have done nothing but enslave millions - Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder.

bla bla bla, I hate America...I would tell you what you can do with that thought....but if I said it, they may ask me not to post here anymore....You, like many are not worth the time....

Mettalica did a cover of a Misfits song on there Garage Inc CD....I think it applies to you very well...

Seriously
Thanks Top Gun, I'm glad you aren't shy about being a champion for the Democrat agenda of spending our way out of debt. It really puts things in perspective when people see me pushing for the nation to return to fiscal sanity and rather than agree, your only response is to attack me, the Republicans, the Tea Parties and every other individual or group that stands against your radical agenda of national suicide.

Yeah yeah yeah you're some kind of a house cat, we know.
That's right, CaLiCo - Capitalist, Libertarian, Conservative - and proud of it.

Thanks Top Gun, I'm glad you aren't shy about being a champion for the Democrat agenda of spending our way out of debt. It really puts things in perspective when people see me pushing for the nation to return to fiscal sanity and rather than agree, your only response is to attack me, the Republicans, the Tea Parties and every other individual or group that stands against your radical agenda of national suicide.

That's right, CaLiCo - Capitalist, Libertarian, Conservative - and proud of it.

I agree we should have stayed in the Deppresion and cut Federal Spending,...those bread lines for the poor where getting spendy...that would have helped alot....after all we ended up with after FDR was the worlds biggest superpower from a economic train wreck....Suicide by success and being the best?

I agree we should have stayed in the Deppresion and cut Federal Spending,...those bread lines for the poor where getting spendy...that would have helped alot....after all we ended up with after FDR was the worlds biggest superpower from a economic train wreck....Suicide by success and being the best?
Appeal to ridicule and a texas sharpshooter fallacy... I already know your great skill in offering flippant remarks dripping with sarcasm but they are a poor substitute for mature and rational thought.

Since the debt doesn't matter...

Since the debt is only a number, deficit spending is no big deal, and there are no repercussions in the government spending money it doesn't have... Why don't we try a more radical "Change" for our beloved Welfare State?

The bailouts, of which the total amount is going up every day, have added just less than 8 trillion dollars of debt to the budget. That's 8,000,000,000,000 - Why fart around with saving fat cats and big corporations? Lets just be proud of the fact that we're a welfare state and go all out...

First, lets look at the population... somewhere around 306-330 million people. Now subtract from that number everyone who is under 18, everyone who has been found guilty of committing a felony, everyone who is not a US citizen and everyone who earns more than $250,000 a year... then we're left with just less than 100 million people.

Instead of bailouts for evil corporations, we could have given the lowest 1/3 of our population $80,000.00 each... Talk about eliminating poverty overnight. Talk about an economic stimulus package... 100 million Americans with $80k in their pocket to drive our consumer economy with their new spending.

We could eliminate Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and focus our nations resources on this expanded Welfare program. Also, we should nationalize the entire healthcare system in the US for the implementation of a National Healthcare system controlled, and run, by our government - after all, the government doesn't have to declare bankruptcy and shut down operations if they can't pay their bills, but the private sector does. Government can just push their losses into the deficit and eventually our national debt (which is just a number - with no consequence, ever).

If we continue this policy of handing out $80k a year to the lowest on the totem pole, it will not only eliminate poverty, it will virtually eliminate crime in America: After all, being found guilty of a felony will make someone ineligible for their welfare money; how many would-be criminals will risk giving up an unearned $80k a year to commit a felonious crime? Not many.

Lets not stop there... after all, deficits don't matter and the debt is only a number... so lets eliminate the mandatory taxation of America's citizens and evil American corporations - that should help boost the economy. All US citizens would be on their own to decide how much they'd like to chip in for taxes, if any, on a purely voluntary basis. Lets tax only the evil foreign companies operating in the US and the foreigners living in the US - heavily - not for the sake of revenue, but for the sake of "fairness".

Why not do these things? After all, deficits don't matter, the debt is only a number, and there are no consequences to our national spending habits... right? That is what the politicians, pundits and their lackeys all tell us anyway.

So how about it Pocket? I mean, according to you, spending ourselves into oblivion will inevitably lead to a more powerful America.

Had breakfast with a business associate. The difference between conservatives and liberal/progressives was clearly displayed during our conversation.

This fairly accomplished liberal middle aged man believes the government is better at handling things like health care then the private sector. Of course, I believe the opposite. There in lies the difference.

Liberals see corruption everywhere in the private sector.

Conservatives see corruption everywhere in the public sector.

"Never the twain shall meet."
Ah, yes...."Never the twain shall meet."....that rallying-cry of The Party Of NO!!

I've often-wondered what percentage of "conservatives" were only-children....people whose parents were (obviously) repulsed by sex....people who never had to learn the art of negotiation, because they never had any siblings.​

Well you proved my point. Yes our health care system has problems and you think socializing it is going to improve things. I do not. The government can't do anything better than the private sector. So, if they seize control of the health care system it will be much worse than it is today.
Yeah......like Medicare.....right? :rolleyes:

Just like it is in Canada, Cuba, UK, Italy, Germany................
Gee....another incomplete-sentence....by a (typically) well-educated "conservative" (the actual-facts be damned). :rolleyes:

Our socialized highways work, so do our socialized libraries, and parks, and military. Why isn't there a debate about privatized military?
There is......​

"....in October 2003 James Jay Carafano and Nile Gardiner, both from the conservative Heritage Foundation think tank, proposed to the Bush administration the creation of a centralized Africa command for the U.S. military. Their proposal made clear that the objective was to preserve U.S. access to African oil and other natural resources on the continent."

Werbung:
..sometimes the Conservatives think that business out of the goodness of its heart, will make moral choices for some reason...
....Followed by that Bush-style smirk, no doubt.

GeorgeBushSmirk1.jpg

Back