Bush & Romney

Gipper

Old man Bush endorsed Romney. Not unexpected.

It is terrible the Rs once again are about to nominate a stinking progressive. It just really stinks.

I know some of you like Romney, but can you name anything he did as MA governor that qualifies as conservative?

Werbung:
he listened to what the people wanted and did his best to deliver it as opposed to knowing what was best for the great unwashed and ruling unilaterally and illegally ?

Romney is not the best choice, but dogtowner has a point.

And I am hoping, he would be a lot better than Obama.

Romney is not the best choice, but dogtowner has a point.

And I am hoping, he would be a lot better than Obama.

BO is about as bad as is possible. But my smart alek answer above aside he did steer MASS back toward responsibility some which is saying something all things considered. And if you think about it, its pretty gutsy to attempt it for a righty. Shows he's up for a challenge and God knows he DOES know how to get things done.

Romney has experience bringing financially failing entities back from the brink. He may not be "conservative" enough for many of the Republican base, but he has a better shot at getting this country back on track economically than anyone else.

and I'll bet he can say "nuclear".

so, he's no Bush.

Romney has experience bringing financially failing entities back from the brink. He may not be "conservative" enough for many of the Republican base, but he has a better shot at getting this country back on track economically than anyone else.

so, he's no Bush.

probably knows how many states there are as well.

so, he's no Bush.
Bush lowered taxes and used the power of the state to hyperinflate an economic bubble that was already growing when he took office. The housing bubble, with all it's government subsidies, state mandates, and private sector incentives (like being able to dump sub prime loans onto government GSA's), drove the economy under Bush. It was great while it lasted but like all economic upturns dependent on government actions, it wasn't based on reality and eventually collapsed because reality can only be avoided for so long.

Obama's attempts to create his own econmic bubble have failed, despite throwing trillions of dollars at a myriad of "shovel ready" programs, including hundreds of billions to the now defunct solar companies, and his suicidal policy of flirting with hyperinflation could be even more disasterous to the country than when the housing bubble burst.

Romney will be more business friendly than Obama but they are both still Progressives, meaning they both see the state, rather than the free market, is the only possible "solution" to economic downturns. Any economic recovery driven by government intervention/manipulation of the economy is doomed to ultimately fail and do more harm than good.

Bush lowered taxes and used the power of the state to hyperinflate an economic bubble that was already growing when he took office. The housing bubble, with all it's government subsidies, state mandates, and private sector incentives (like being able to dump sub prime loans onto government GSA's), drove the economy under Bush. It was great while it lasted but like all economic upturns dependent on government actions, it wasn't based on reality and eventually collapsed because reality can only be avoided for so long.

Obama's attempts to create his own econmic bubble have failed, despite throwing trillions of dollars at a myriad of "shovel ready" programs, including hundreds of billions to the now defunct solar companies, and his suicidal policy of flirting with hyperinflation could be even more disasterous to the country than when the housing bubble burst.

Romney will be more business friendly than Obama but they are both still Progressives, meaning they both see the state, rather than the free market, is the only possible "solution" to economic downturns. Any economic recovery driven by government intervention/manipulation of the economy is doomed to ultimately fail and do more harm than good.

Check this out from Jonah Goldberg...

"This is shaping up to be the second election in a row that's about someone who isn't on the ballot: George W. Bush. ... If Bush-bashing was really hurting Obama's numbers, he'd stop doing it. ... Romney needs to explain to voters why he's not Bush 2.0. ... Obama did inherit a deficit when he came into office. Why this fact justifies racking up vastly more debt and bigger deficits is a logical mystery. ... In short, Romney needs to say that when it comes to spending and the growth of government, it's Obama who's closer to 'Bush on steroids.' To do so, Romney must challenge Obama's theories of both the past and the future. The notion that Bush was a government-shrinking market fanatic is bizarre. Under Bush, the federal government spent more than 3 percent of GDP on anti-poverty programs for the first time. Education spending rose 58 percent faster than inflation. Bush gave us Medicare Part D, the biggest expansion in entitlements since the Great Society -- until Obamacare. He signed Sarbanes-Oxley, created a whole new Cabinet agency (the Department of Homeland Security), and was the originator of the bailouts, TARP and the first stimulus program. Obama took many of these policies and approaches and expanded them." --columnist Jonah Goldberg

That is so well said. Yes?

Obama IS Bush on steroids....and yet most Americans have no idea about this....they think Obama has governed entirely different than Bush. How stupid.

Will Romney disavow the progressive bullshit W pulled or merely do the same thing?

If Sarah Palin runs as 3rd Party then we might have something going. Cause it Would be the womens vote.. Palin and Linda Chavez would get the Latino vote.

If Romney gets elected, I think his main focus is going to be the economy and jobs. If he can bring us back from the brink in four years, then that's good enough for me. He knows there isn't enough money for any new programs.

If Romney gets elected, I think his main focus is going to be the economy and jobs. If he can bring us back from the brink in four years, then that's good enough for me. He knows there isn't enough money for any new programs.

I think you are right. The bigger problem is cutting government spending and cutting programs. Cutting is the only thing that will save us from bankruptcy. We know any cuts by Romney should he be POTUS, will be met by weeping and gnashing of teeth by the liberals and their media.

Rush said today that if an R were in office, the media would be telling us sad personal stories about homeless Americans. With a D in office, we see no such stories. We had Hoovervilles during Hoovers time, but no Rooseveltvilles...we have no Obamavilles, but we will likely have Romneyvilles.

Well I would hope that Romney would use the power of the podium and call press conferences everytime some new horror raises it's ugly head, and informs the press and the public just how bad our situation is. The public needs to know the truth and often, and not have it hid from them.

Of course the liberal media will fall all over themselves to discount or try to counter anything a Republican says.

Well I would hope that Romney would use the power of the podium and call press conferences everytime some new horror raises it's ugly head, and informs the press and the public just how bad our situation is. The public needs to know the truth and often, and not have it hid from them.

Of course the liberal media will fall all over themselves to discount or try to counter anything a Republican says.

Agreed, but why is Romney not doing this now?

Werbung:
Agreed, but why is Romney not doing this now?

Romney is out every day talking about the economy. The media has chosen NOT to cover him, and that includes FOX News. It seems the only thing the media is interested in are biased made-up rumors.

Back