Change the Voting laws

steveox

1.You must be over 21 years old.
2.You must ether be employed or with an high school dimploma in order to vote.

Cause those Lazy bums who are on welfare will vote democratic no matter what and they dont even listen to the issues. They automaticly vote for a democrat cause they need their welfare checks. Also we dont need uneducated people voting.So if you have a job and you pay taxes or you have an high school dimploma then you can vote.

Werbung:
They automaticly vote for a democrat cause they need their welfare checks.

Which doesn't make sense when you think about it.

Democrats rely on the vote of the career welfare collectors, so what incentive do they have to get them off welfare? Whereas Republicans stand to benefit politically by getting people off of welfare, so they are more inclined to enact policies that will help get these people off welfare and paying taxes (at which point, most people tend to move right).

Since when is it up to the government to decide what is allowable for people to vote for? Totalitarian laws that keep people from voting are not exactly the best way to ensure a representative government.

In addition to basing this on stereotypes and a specific context of our times... you also overlook that poor people are less likely to actually vote and that the people who are "lazy bums living off welfare" are a very small percentage of the population anyway. They are even pretty insignificant to the Democratic base (especially since they rarely show up to vote).
So your anti-democratic proposal wouldn't work anyway for the particular problem your aiming at...
Rather it seems you want legislature to keep the young from voting under the obvious pretense of limiting votes for a party you dislike. Exactly the kind of political crap Americans who care more about the country than their party are sick of.

Everyone has the right to vote if they have to obey a government. I think the voting age should be lower.

Look in Local Elections. When you think in certain states local communities ask for 1/2 percent sales tax that goes towards schools? They put that on the ballot and mostly its blacks who vote for those stupid taxes cause they want more handouts. If you want more schools and Kids can get computers then RAISE THE PROPERTY TAX!!! If you can afford a $300,000 Home that house 4 kids then you can afford to pay the property taxes on it. Im Single and I DONT EVEN HAVE CHILDREN!!! Why should i pay that stupid 1/2 percent sales tax?

Look in Local Elections. When you think in certain states local communities ask for 1/2 percent sales tax that goes towards schools? They put that on the ballot and mostly its blacks who vote for those stupid taxes cause they want more handouts. If you want more schools and Kids can get computers then RAISE THE PROPERTY TAX!!! If you can afford a $300,000 Home that house 4 kids then you can afford to pay the property taxes on it. Im Single and I DONT EVEN HAVE CHILDREN!!! Why should i pay that stupid 1/2 percent sales tax?

I'm kinda biased because I work in education, but my feeling is that you are always free to move to another town that doesn't have the extra sales tax. If you agree to live within the town, you agree to help support the school. Supporting the school that is responsible for educating coming generations should be everyone's civic responsibility. Having it done through sales tax is fair and equitable. People that spend more money also support the school more. You could always do your shopping on the internet. :)

As far as the "blacks...want more handouts" thingie, I'm gonna let that one pass this time.

Hmmmm. Sounds like the income tax would become a poll tax.

I don't follow. You are not being forced to pay an extra tax to vote -- that's what a poll tax is. But if we're going to have something indicate whether or not you should be allowed to vote, in my view it should be the income tax because that means you have a significant interest in the outcome of a given election.

I don't follow. You are not being forced to pay an extra tax to vote -- that's what a poll tax is. But if we're going to have something indicate whether or not you should be allowed to vote, in my view it should be the income tax because that means you have a significant interest in the outcome of a given election.

So the disabled, jobless and retired have no stake in elections?

I think a person who is 18 is old enough to vote, and make decisions about their future.

As for education being a requirement to vote , past elections will show that a person doesn't need to be educated to pick a candidate.

How about instead of attempting to doctor elections to get what you want, you try actually figuring out alternative policies and explaining to people why they will work? People who don't work for whatever reason are still part of the population. If you can't come up with a way to solve their problems and communicate it well... then that is the reason they will continue voting for "handouts". If "handouts" are indeed their best bet then it makes perfect sense that they vote for them.
Obviously, however, living off welfare isn't exactly glorious, despite the right-wing babbling to the contrary. It seems to me that something must work better than the current system. And it seems that either that solution has not been found or it has not been explained to the people who would benefit.

But it's so much easier to just cut people out so you don't have to deal with them, isn't it?
Sickening.

I'm kinda biased because I work in education, but my feeling is that you are always free to move to another town that doesn't have the extra sales tax. If you agree to live within the town, you agree to help support the school. Supporting the school that is responsible for educating coming generations should be everyone's civic responsibility. Having it done through sales tax is fair and equitable. People that spend more money also support the school more. You could always do your shopping on the internet. :)

As far as the "blacks...want more handouts" thingie, I'm gonna let that one pass this time.

Whats wrong with raising the property tax? If you can afford this home
250px-Maplecroft.jpg

You can sure afford to pay the property taxes on it.

Werbung:
Why should property owners be the only ones who pay? Don't renters send their children to school, too?

Also, the advantage of using a sales tax is you can get visitors to help pay too.

Back