Christie gives tuition deal to illegals

So, are you saying it should all be voluntary?
Yes. Public schools, roads, libraries, military, police, courts, everything funded by government is funded through coercion - give government money or lose your life, liberty, or property as punishment.

I disagree with this. Not being used correctly, not respected, ignored ..... all puts us at risk of loosing them.
Politicians use laws to subvert our rights and ignore the constitution but that doesn't mean we're losing either... In fact the "rule of law", as it were, is getting thicker by orders of magnitude, not smaller.

Werbung:
Rule of law is now a joke and the constitutional crisis we've been in isnt so much as a sigh from anyone in DC who all swore to protect and defend the constitution.

Rule of law is now a joke and the constitutional crisis we've been in isnt so much as a sigh from anyone in DC who all swore to protect and defend the constitution.
It's no joke... Try ignoring the law and see what happens. You will be deprived of your life, liberty, and/or property as punishment.

I agree with you guys that our nations Presidents and politicians are more likely to look upon the Constitution as an impediment to their power instead of a binding legal document meant to limit their power but it's not going anywhere. If they hold a Constitutional Convention to add amendments, then I'll be concerned... I wouldn't trust these people to write the menu at Denny's much less screw with the Constitution. Any "changes" they've made have been done through laws, by "reinterpreting" the Constitution to fit their agenda. Overturning bad laws is far easier than re-writing the Constitution.

It's no joke... Try ignoring the law and see what happens. You will be deprived of your life, liberty, and/or property as punishment.

I agree with you guys that our nations Presidents and politicians are more likely to look upon the Constitution as an impediment to their power instead of a binding legal document meant to limit their power but it's not going anywhere. If they hold a Constitutional Convention to add amendments, then I'll be concerned... I wouldn't trust these people to write the menu at Denny's much less screw with the Constitution. Any "changes" they've made have been done through laws, by "reinterpreting" the Constitution to fit their agenda. Overturning bad laws is far easier than re-writing the Constitution.
I agree that a Constitutional Convention is risky business at best. But, if there is no accountability in ignoring the Constitution then it is already gone some where. It is lost!

Obamacare .....

I don't think so. Obamacare is not event Constitutional and certainly not a good example of the rule of law.

When I posted "the rule of law" ... I was referring to Constitutional laws ...
For fucks sake man... Name ONE law in the last 10-20-30 years that was Constitutional!
Problem is, you and I take the Constitution as being literal - "Congress shall make no laws...."
Our Colleftivist friends like to "reinterpret" the actual text to mean, "Congress can do whatever the hell it wants."

For fucks sake man... Name ONE law in the last 10-20-30 years that was Constitutional!
Problem is, you and I take the Constitution as being literal - "Congress shall make no laws...."
Our Colleftivist friends like to "reinterpret" the actual text to mean, "Congress can do whatever the hell it wants."
Exactly ....

That is my point.

However the grievances against the Constitution are certainly much worse in the last decade.

Exactly ....

That is my point.

However the grievances against the Constitution are certainly much worse in the last decade.
They create these "grievances" by passing laws... The "rule of law" is, for better or worse, whatever the US government enacts and enforces. Perhaps the "Force of law" is a better term for the kind of nonsense that's been going on, we can reserve the "rule of law" for those few laws which actually pass Constitutional muster. As for the Constitution, my point is that it's not going anywhere... I have more than one copy and I'm sure you probably do as well, and the original is on display in our capital. Like reality, it can only be ignored for so long before it bites someone in the ass. Whether it's respected, followed, or ignored, it's not going anywhere.

They create these "grievances" by passing laws... The "rule of law" is, for better or worse, whatever the US government enacts and enforces. Perhaps the "Force of law" is a better term for the kind of nonsense that's been going on, we can reserve the "rule of law" for those few laws which actually pass Constitutional muster. As for the Constitution, my point is that it's not going anywhere... I have more than one copy and I'm sure you probably do as well, and the original is on display in our capital. Like reality, it can only be ignored for so long before it bites someone in the ass. Whether it's respected, followed, or ignored, it's not going anywhere.
I too like "force of law" better ..... certainly seems more appropriate.

And, I hope you are correct about the Constitution going no where ... but, sometimes my faith wanes ...

no. we start from scratch. pentagon can shove them in club gitmo.

Werbung:
The establishment R's are crazy, if they think Christie will be the nominee.

But I said that about McCain too.

Back