Largest tax hikes in U.S. History coming soon, in "three great waves"

He had better act like he is joking or he will make his jackass of a president look even worse the fool that he is.

Ever researched how the story came out in the first place? You should

no I tend to to read real news...not the I hate Obama Fan letter and the Bull that Fox passes off to people like you as news, or real.

Werbung:
I would trust Sarah Palin before obama on any moral issue, but why do you always compare him to Sarah Palin? She is just a private citizen who campaigns for politicians, and you compare the President to her all the time.

If you think so low of her why do you keep comparing egg head to her? Do you have to find what you consider a low bar to make him look good in your eyes?

Becuse right wing nut jobs keep calling for her to be President...She Ran for Vice president....Its funny you buy this, she is just some random citizen, as if she is not one of the leading voices of the Republican party....Its funny you guys talk about Kool-Aid.......

So, according to this thread, we're not only going to see a huge tax increase immediately in January of '11, but then face a choice of voting for the chief advocate of said increases, or an airhead. No thank you, I'll vote Libertarian.

Lucky for us that the pres only has maybe a tenth of the power ascribed to that office by so many pundits, right? We have Obama writing tax policy, now. What next? Is he going to start introducing other legislation as well?

So your for giving people who make over 250,000 a year a tax break....Even if not doing it meaning they have to pay the same rate they payed just a few years ago ( when the econ was doing well)? Or do you at least have some plan to actuly pay for the tax cut?

So your for giving people who make over 250,000 a year a tax break....Even if not doing it meaning they have to pay the same rate they payed just a few years ago ( when the econ was doing well)?
Are you suggesting that the econ is currently doing well or are you suggesting that higher tax rates will cause the econ to do well again?

Or do you at least have some plan to actuly pay for the tax cut?
Reducing the tax rates increased federal revenue, it is the continued act of spending above our revenue that creates deficits and debt.

Revenue<Spending=Debt
Revenue>Spending=Surplus

It's really not that difficult to understand.

So your for giving people who make over 250,000 a year a tax break....Even if not doing it meaning they have to pay the same rate they payed just a few years ago ( when the econ was doing well)? Or do you at least have some plan to actuly pay for the tax cut?

You bet. Cut back the size and power of the federal government. Close down the Department of Education. Cut back military spending to only twice as much as the second place spender spends. Start dismantling the welfare state. Pass a real medical care reform bill, one that will scale back spending to the level of Canada or Western Europe. Pay for that by allowing employers to put employees on Medicare instead of expensive private coverage. End the war on drugs.

Is that a mixed bag? It sure is, if you subscribe to the phony left to right continuum of political thought. If you're for what works, practical solutions to problems facing this nation, then it makes a lot of sense.

You bet. Cut back the size and power of the federal government. Close down the Department of Education. Cut back military spending to only twice as much as the second place spender spends. Start dismantling the welfare state. Pass a real medical care reform bill, one that will scale back spending to the level of Canada or Western Europe. Pay for that by allowing employers to put employees on Medicare instead of expensive private coverage. End the war on drugs.

Is that a mixed bag? It sure is, if you subscribe to the phony left to right continuum of political thought. If you're for what works, practical solutions to problems facing this nation, then it makes a lot of sense.

Ok, but Obama lives in the real world where none of that is going to happen...so the choice on the tax cuts must be made off that fact. Being mad at someone for not making a choice that in reality they have no change to make, does not make much sence. And pushing a policy that requires things to happen that will not...does not make good government. Thats just being a typical Republican...Cut taxes saying reduce goverment, but we all know they will not reduce government...They never do...

give then fact that no matter how much you may want th deffence budget cut major and no Dept of Education ...do you still cut the taxes or do you let them go back to what they where before and take that to reduce debt?

Are you suggesting that the econ is currently doing well or are you suggesting that higher tax rates will cause the econ to do well again?

Reducing the tax rates increased federal revenue, it is the continued act of spending above our revenue that creates deficits and debt.

Revenue<Spending=Debt
Revenue>Spending=Surplus

It's really not that difficult to understand.

no I am saying the econ did well at those levals in the past.

and you should tell Bush and Bush and Reagan and them about your econ idea...they all failed to grasp it..But its nice you think its that simple....

Reduce income...this reduces Debt?
Increase income...that does not decrease debt?

wait you mean if we also cut spending...wait Republicans don't actuly want to do that...pay for the tax cuts? nope...just cut them....

Tax Cuts plus reduced spending =....wash so no change in debt...decrease in services...Rich get more money, middle class and poor less services and econ states less help for funding...raise Property taxes...schools shut down...State laws off workers....Econ suffers...Unemployment numbers increase....But Rich get more ....so yay?

Ok, but Obama lives in the real world where none of that is going to happen...so the choice on the tax cuts must be made off that fact. Being mad at someone for not making a choice that in reality they have no change to make, does not make much sence. And pushing a policy that requires things to happen that will not...does not make good government. Thats just being a typical Republican...Cut taxes saying reduce goverment, but we all know they will not reduce government...They never do...

give then fact that no matter how much you may want th deffence budget cut major and no Dept of Education ...do you still cut the taxes or do you let them go back to what they where before and take that to reduce debt?

You asked whether I had a plan to make up for lost taxes, not whether Obama could actually accomplish said plan.

OK, so that is nitpicky, and you're correct that none of what I've suggested is going to happen in the realpolitik of 21st. century America.

Yes, we need for the taxes to go back to where they were before the Bush tax cuts, and we need to cut expenses as well, at least until that trillion and a half:eek: deficit is taken care of. We can't afford to continue to pretend that lowering taxes while increasing spending isn't going to produce deficits.

You asked whether I had a plan to make up for lost taxes, not whether Obama could actually accomplish said plan.

OK, so that is nitpicky, and you're correct that none of what I've suggested is going to happen in the realpolitik of 21st. century America.

Yes, we need for the taxes to go back to where they were before the Bush tax cuts, and we need to cut expenses as well, at least until that trillion and a half:eek: deficit is taken care of. We can't afford to continue to pretend that lowering taxes while increasing spending isn't going to produce deficits.

true, but I meant a plan that one could actually do...I have lots of plans that would be good...but I know would never happen...so not really useful. My plan of sending the tea party to the moon I think has some great points...but yea damn laws and costs get in the way :)

no I am saying the econ did well at those levals in the past.
Do you consider a better economy the Cause or the Effect of higher tax rates?

Reduce income...this reduces Debt?
Increase income...that does not decrease debt?
No wonder you're horrible with math...

Greater than > Less than
Less than < Greater than

That little carrot denotes whether something is greater, or less, than what's on the other side. When reveune is greater than spending, we have a surplus, when revenue is less than spending, we have debt.

Is that simple concept seriously beyond your comprehension?

pay for the tax cuts? nope...just cut them....
In this case, cutting taxes was like getting a raise at work, it resulted in greater revenue. You are pointing to the fact that your credit card is maxed out and blaming the fact that you got a raise as being responsible for it.

Tax Cuts plus reduced spending =....wash so no change in debt
So if I point to a time in history where we cut both taxes and spending and the result was an economic boom that allowed us to pay down the debt because of our surplus revenue, you would gladly admit you're wrong - correct?

Obama is going to face defeat at the hands of Sarah Palin

..lol..

My dream fantasy is that since Obama most likely will not run for a second term, that his replacement is a sharp progressive running against the kewpie doll [Caribou "drill baby drill!!" Barbie]. Oh, please! If only dreams came true.. I've spent too much time campaigning. Would be nice to rest on at least one cycle.
:rolleyes:

..lol..

My dream fantasy is that since Obama most likely will not run for a second term, that his replacement is a sharp progressive running against the kewpie doll [Caribou "drill baby drill!!" Barbie]. Oh, please! If only dreams came true.. I've spent too much time campaigning. Would be nice to rest on at least one cycle.
:rolleyes:

Could it be that the Palin supporters are really Democrats in disguise?

Since no one seems interested in cutting back the size of government, and since the deficit has to be addressed somehow, maybe we need to look back to the past instead of the future. Look at the '50s, when the maximum tax rates were much higher than they are today. Look at the nation building the interstate highway system while helping to rebuild our erstwhile enemies and allies in Europe, and fighting a war in Korea, all without adding to the deficit and, in fact, lowering he debt that had built up during the war years.

Are there any lessons to be learned there?

Since no one seems interested in cutting back the size of government, and since the deficit has to be addressed somehow, maybe we need to look back to the past instead of the future. Look at the '50s, when the maximum tax rates were much higher than they are today. Look at the nation building the interstate highway system while helping to rebuild our erstwhile enemies and allies in Europe, and fighting a war in Korea, all without adding to the deficit and, in fact, lowering he debt that had built up during the war years.

Are there any lessons to be learned there?

Different time. And since your knowledge of history is well...you know.

We had no trade competition anywhere in the world in the 50s. Remember WWII? I was not alive then, but I know a lot about WWII. You? The world was destroyed after WWII except for America. Our industries were booming and we were at full employment. See, when everyone works the Treasury gets lots of moula. So, can you see the difference from then and now? And, Eisenhower was not a anti American Marxist unlike the guy in the WH now.

Secondly, you show your lack of knowledge with the comment "Since no one seems interested in cutting back the size of government..." You see the Tea Party is all about cutting the size of government. You would not know this watching all that MSLSD.

Just trying to keep you informed.

Secondly, you show your lack of knowledge with the comment "Since no one seems interested in cutting back the size of government..." You see the Tea Party is all about cutting the size of government. You would not know this watching all that MSLSD.

Just trying to keep you informed.

No one currently in Washington, no one in power for the past several decades has been able to cut back the size and power of the federal government.

Since you have such a vast knowledge of history, perhaps you can prove me wrong on that one. Remember, we've already addressed your namesake.

Werbung:
Do you consider a better economy the Cause or the Effect of higher tax rates?

No wonder you're horrible with math...

Greater than > Less than
Less than < Greater than

That little carrot denotes whether something is greater, or less, than what's on the other side. When reveune is greater than spending, we have a surplus, when revenue is less than spending, we have debt.

Is that simple concept seriously beyond your comprehension?

In this case, cutting taxes was like getting a raise at work, it resulted in greater revenue. You are pointing to the fact that your credit card is maxed out and blaming the fact that you got a raise as being responsible for it.

So if I point to a time in history where we cut both taxes and spending and the result was an economic boom that allowed us to pay down the debt because of our surplus revenue, you would gladly admit you're wrong - correct?

no it all makes sense now, I am going to tell my work to pay me less, becuse that will reduce my debt...Its just how it works right?

But I am sure if I got a raise at work...my debt would not be lowered at all

thats your math

Back