Does your vote count?

Eternal

Do you honestly believe that your vote makes a difference? Or anybody elses for that matter (at least people without great power)?

Werbung:
Yes. If everyone has that attitude then it makes a difference.

Honestly Eternal, I wouldn't mind if you didn't vote.

USMC the Almighty so you do think it makes a difference? In what context? (I agree with Truth-Bringer) I do not think it matters for the election. Just look at the entire Florida ordeal.

USMC the Almighty so you do think it makes a difference? In what context? (I agree with Truth-Bringer) I do not think it matters for the election. Just look at the entire Florida ordeal.

That Florida ordeal is not the norm. It's because people couldn't figure out simple butterfly ballots and people "were too weak" to punch out the chads.

I think you're misinterpreting what Truth-Bringer said. I'm pretty sure she was saying that there's no conceivable difference between the Republican and Democratic party, and thus your vote doesn't matter. I happen to disagree, but that's her opinion.

I think you're misinterpreting what Truth-Bringer said. I'm pretty sure she was saying that there's no conceivable difference between the Republican and Democratic party, and thus your vote doesn't matter.

That is exactly what I meant. There is no difference between the two major parties.

Want the national debt to get bigger every year? Then vote Democrat or Republican
Want the federal government to get bigger every year? Then vote Democrat or Republican
Want government spending to increase every year? Then vote Democrat or Republican
Want the number of federal employees to increase every year? Then vote Democrat or Republican
Want the United States to do nothing about illegal immigration? Then vote Democrat or Republican
Want to see continued corruption in government? Then vote Democrat or Republican
Want to see politicians personally profit from their time in office? Then vote Democrat or Republican
Want the United States to intervene in any country in the world on the basis of American interests? Then vote Democrat or Republican
Want a graduated income tax? Then vote Democrat or Republican
What a central bank and fiat currency? Then vote Democrat or Republican
Want legal abortion? The vote Democrat or Republican
Want the government to regulate anything your morals dictate should be regulated? Then vote Democrat or Republican

That Florida ordeal is not the norm. It's because people couldn't figure out simple butterfly ballots and people "were too weak" to punch out the chads.

I think you're misinterpreting what Truth-Bringer said. I'm pretty sure she was saying that there's no conceivable difference between the Republican and Democratic party, and thus your vote doesn't matter. I happen to disagree, but that's her opinion.

Thats a Phallacy there were ALOT of FLORIDA Ballots that were not counted due to clerical errors that chad things a phallacy too and then of course how do you explain Ohio and its flawwed count?

Basically there are only differences of parties at the surface level where the Majority of the Dumbed down americans can watch the heads talk over points to give them the perception that there party is somehow better than the other party

there is No real seperation of parties interests Give us a break man Bothe the Dems and reps are owned by corporate interests and corporate funding ..neither of the parties works for the people any longer....we work for them that is NOT how this cuntry was intended to be run

We arent supposed to be afraid or intimidated by our government .............THEY are supposed to be afraid of US and our inherint powers as citizens..Special interest groups and lobbyists for corporate and banking institutions control politics not the American people

when many of us were young we were taught that even we could be the president of the US Try and nail either a democratic Nomination or a republican Nomination without the special intersts and corporate donations,,,,,IMPOSSIBLE youll never even make the primary

Americans need to take back control of theyre country and the only way theyll achieve this is either by revolution or FINALLY putting another party in power..

the only wasted vote is NO VOTE at all...........but dont let people tell you if you vote for a 3rd party that youve wasted your vote as thats just not true.Americans need to rise from theyre Slumber time is running out

take back your sountry send a message to the corporate military structure....we are mad as hell and we arent gonna take it any more

But truly you might as well throw a dart if your stuck on the flawwed outdated 2 party electoral college farce...because donkey or elephant will make no difference IN THE END look below the surface folks

Something my mother used to tell me: Every penny counts.

On that same token, every vote counts, even if you're not swaying an election one way or another, and here is why: to not vote is to encourage others to not vote. Eventually no one is voting and the whole system comes crumbling down around our ears.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all others that have been tried." - Winston Churchill

In other words, it isn't always pretty, but doing what you can to keep it is better than the alternative.

One last thing: getting rid of the Electoral College would be a great step towards making Americans feel like their votes count for something. I think that, for now, the states' rights argument has taken a backseat to the idea that the American public's vote ought to decide the outcome of the Presidential election. Are we finally one country...?

Werbung:
Agreed the Electoral college has to go as well i believe a third party would also be healthy

Back