Domestic Terrorism

Are you kidding? Every time there is an abortion clinic bombing we get dozens of right to life organizations jumping up and saying they do not condone this type of behavior. How the hell do you say that they are condoning it when all they have ever said is that they do not condone it?

Werbung:
Are you kidding? Every time there is an abortion clinic bombing we get dozens of right to life organizations jumping up and saying they do not condone this type of behavior. How the hell do you say that they are condoning it when all they have ever said is that they do not condone it?

Because Moderate believers give cover to religious fanatics. They shelter the fanatics from criticism.

Just like you are doing now actually.

How is denouncing the action giving them cover? Your bigotry astounds me.

How is denouncing the action giving them cover? Your bigotry astounds me.

You won't admit that Christianity is the cause here. Your downplaying the threat that Christianity poses. You are doing just what I said, protecting the faith of fundamentalists from public scorn.

I am not protecting the faith of fundamentalists. I am protecting the faith of moderates. You are trying to throw the baby out with the bath water. your hatred of people that have done nothing to you is only breeding more hatred.

I am not protecting the faith of fundamentalists. I am protecting the faith of moderates. You are trying to throw the baby out with the bath water. your hatred of people that have done nothing to you is only breeding more hatred.

I don't hate christians. But I do detest bad ideas and bad arguments, which, the Christians manufacture quite a few of.

Just because I point out the lunacy of the faithful, doesn't mean I hate them. I look at them like I look at Republicans. Woefully ignorant of reality.

Most Christians I know also denounce these tactics even though they disapprove of abortion. Unfortunately they get painted in the same brush as fundamentalists because the people that perform this violence share the same basic religious beliefs.

Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Werbung:
Just because someone claims to be a Christian doesn't make it so.

This statement while correct, doesn't bring to light the full definition of the problem that many seem to suffer.

use the following;
{Religion} = X

Just because someone claims to be a {X} doesn't make it so.

and thus we have the problem of the world in relation to religious argument in one single statement. Remember the religious moniker that one stands behind during extreme actions is usually there due to the need for self justification or as something to gather support for a completely different personal set of reasons using it to gather others from the periphery to support a lone extremist idealism.

But every system of belief religious, political, or whatever, lends itself to extremity which must be avoided. This isn't new and has been problematic since the beginning of history.

You cannot blame a group for the actions taken under it's name unless there is direct support. Just because a Christian doesn't proactively root out those who would bomb an abortion clinic doesn't mean they have any responsibility. That logic would support the obviously false statement that VT students condoned what Cho did. Obviously this is untrue.

Back