Gallup poll: Ronald Reagan greatest President

realy? I did not know that, I will tell the rest of all the liberals we are wrong for supporting the man who feed the slaves...something us liberals hold in pretty high regard....And I did not know I can't support Washington as a liberal...it must also be in your idiots guide to straw men for Conservatives.

Also funny how I support Clinton because you say so...ignoring that I voted against him twice and did not like him at all.

Lincoln was a republican but I can see where you get confused as he was a died in the wool textbook racist. and Washington was against all you hold dear.

Werbung:
"Answering the call" does not make you a great President...

most if not all of the others deeply wanted the job. he did not and so was free to do the right thing.

I am not sure what you mean by "kept true to the intent of the cause forgoing personal gain"...can you elaborate?

He could have become the king he deposed, many people wanted it. He said no.

And what do you mean he "did it all on people's belief in his character and integrity"?

He was the only perso in the country that people could believe would do the right thing. why ? because he always had. his integrity was without question.

Ok, so here is our list so far:

1) Did not become a king.
2) Did not serve more than 2 terms.
3) Set a good example.

I think it is important to note as well there were many who were adamantly opposed to the idea of Washington becoming a King at the time as well... but surely there is more that makes him the best President right? I mean many other President's can meet all of those requirements too.

First I will say I don't know if I would say the best...

but you may many other presidents can meet them...but one could suggest that they did...because they followed the example and traditions set by Washington. At no time in our nations history was the fate of the nation so weak and fragile and by guiding it threw that time, is quite a accomplishment.

Lincoln was a republican but I can see where you get confused as he was a died in the wool textbook racist. and Washington was against all you hold dear.

its sad, you don't even know the difference between liberal and conservative vs Republican. And Lincolns personal views really don't matter much...his actions do. You also don't know that what is a republican today, was not a republican always...and what is a Dem, is not always what a Dem was...its called political realignment...Republicans claim to be the party of States rights...does the guy who went to war with the south against there right to succeed fit that idea? no...because republicans then and now are not the same.

Also its sad how partisan you are...they are Americans presidents...not Republicans presidents.

What was it specifically that Washington did that you guys think he warrants him being automatically included on that list?

Great Scott!! Has ANYONE here but me ever cracked a real history book??!

It says much about the intellectual poverty and charisma bypass of the contemporary republican party that a consumate second-rater such as reagan is venerated, even worshipped.

At the 1987 economic summit in Venice, Italy, Reagan startled the leaders of the world's industrial nations by showing up with cue cards, not just for important meetings, but even at an informal cocktail party.

The Great Miscommunicator also got a free ride from a lazy fawning media.

How many of you know that silly old Ron said the following

1) Facts are stupid things.

2) Now we are trying to get unemployment to go up, and I think we are going to succeed.

3) Now the simple truth is those democrats who are here are probably here because like millions I've met across the country, they have found that they can no longer follow the leadership of the republican party, which has taken them down a course that leads to ruin. ( Stalin's comment - here Reagan spoke the truth, even if he didn't say what he meant)

4) I didn't go down there with any plan for the Americas or anything. I went down to find out from them and [ learn ] their views. You'd be surprised. They're all individual countries.

Bush I was worse, and funnier, but that's another post

Comrade Stalin

How many of you know that silly old Ron said the following

1) Facts are stupid things.

Reagan mispoke himself in quoting John Adams' famous dictum that "Facts are stubborn things", then laughed at the mistake and corrected himself.

In telling the half truth, Stalin is revealed again as simply a bald-faced liar and defamer, the only things leftwingers are capable of.

The rest of the post is equivalent garbage.

Reagan mispoke himself in quoting John Adams' famous dictum that "Facts are stubborn things", then laughed at the mistake and corrected himself.

...the half truth...

But he did say it , so how can that be a half-truth ?

When he laughed at himself he joined the rest of the world who spent at lot of time laughing at him, apart from those duped into believing he wasn't the greatest fraud of the 20th century.

Comrade Ronald McStalin

Once the screaming of the leftist fanatics dies down and their heroes continue their slow slide, history usually gets it right eventually.

--------------------------------------

http://www.*************/conservati...1-greatest-presidents-of-all-time-gallup-poll

Presidents Day 2011: Greatest Presidents of All-Time - Gallup Poll

February 18th, 2011 11:34 pm ET

According to this year's Presidents Day Gallup Poll, President Ronald Reagan is the Greatest President of All-Time. In the past 12 years, Reagan, President Abraham Lincoln, and President John F. Kennedy have consistently shared time at the top of the list.

Presidents Day, the third Monday in February, is often thought to celebrate President George Washington's birthday as he was the first President of the United States, and his actual birthday is on February 22nd. However, the latest version of the celebrated holiday is for all Presidents. Washington, incidentally, came in at number five this year.

The Greatest Presidents (as of February 2011) are:

Ronald Reagan (19% of the total vote)

Abraham Lincoln (14% of the total vote)

Bill Clinton (13% of the total vote)

John F. Kennedy (11% of the total vote)

George Washington (10% of the total vote)

Whats with them blocking links? I understand not wanting spam but this is ridiculous.

most if not all of the others deeply wanted the job. he did not and so was free to do the right thing.

He could have become the king he deposed, many people wanted it. He said no.

He was the only perso in the country that people could believe would do the right thing. why ? because he always had. his integrity was without question.

Ok...I don't dispute that Washington was a great person... my question is what made him a great President?

So far the responses have been along the lines of he was a great man and he didn't become King...

All of that is fine and good, but it is really not a measure of his Presidency. A President's "greatness" is surely not measured by simply his perceived integrity?

Whats with them blocking links? I understand not wanting spam but this is ridiculous.

It is only the "examiner" website that is blocked like that, it it came about because of that one guy who kept coming back to spam his own articles from that site on this site.

As an aside, the examiner will just "hire" anyone to write for them and basically functions as nothing more than a personal blog (especially in the realm of politics). Taking it as "news" is highly suspect.

Werbung:
First I will say I don't know if I would say the best...

but you may many other presidents can meet them...but one could suggest that they did...because they followed the example and traditions set by Washington.

Surely the "greatness" of a Presidency needs to be measured with more than "he set a good example"?

At no time in our nations history was the fate of the nation so weak and fragile and by guiding it threw that time, is quite a accomplishment.

You don't think the nation was worse off in the midst of the Civil War perhaps?

Back