Glenn beck blind?

that site irritated me. Some things that are known to be true they call half true

here is an example.

Beck quote (Van Jones signed a petition indicating he "thinks the Bush administration blew up the World Trade Center and covered it up.")

they said its half true.

either he signed it or he didn't and he did sign it. He didnt half sign it.

another is about jones being a communist

the site says its half true because it should read that he was a communist.

no one has any footage or writings by him renouncing it so why do we assume he is no longer a communist? if he said he realized he was wrong and is now X Y or Z then it would be wrong for Beck to say he IS a communist, but without him renouncing it how can Beck be wrong to say he is?

Most of the other stuff on that list was just like the stuff I posted. that site is not one I would trust just on that little bit I saw

Werbung:
I agree that Beck isn't to be taken at face value much of the time. Exaggeration and humor are his stock in trade.

As for the original question in the OP:

Macular dystrophy

It appears that the newly diagnosed infirmity described above may be yet something else not to be taken at face value. Beck is 46, and has just been diagnosed with a disease that becomes visible by age 10?

That does raise some questions, doesn't it?

I do not think we agree about Beck. I do think he is serious about what he says, he just uses humor when saying it. when he is joking he usually says he is joking after the joke, unless its something obviously unrealistic. I am pretty sure I have more respect for him than you do, as you probably have more respect for some others than I do. Lou Dobbs maybe? I do not like or trust him and If i remember right you do.

I would assume Beck is just telling us what his doctor told him. I dont think going blind is going to help him in any way or faking going blind. I would hope he will get a second opinion, I would.

that site irritated me. Some things that are known to be true they call half true

here is an example.

Beck quote (Van Jones signed a petition indicating he "thinks the Bush administration blew up the World Trade Center and covered it up.")

they said its half true.

either he signed it or he didn't and he did sign it. He didnt half sign it.

another is about jones being a communist

the site says its half true because it should read that he was a communist.

no one has any footage or writings by him renouncing it so why do we assume he is no longer a communist? if he said he realized he was wrong and is now X Y or Z then it would be wrong for Beck to say he IS a communist, but without him renouncing it how can Beck be wrong to say he is?

Most of the other stuff on that list was just like the stuff I posted. that site is not one I would trust just on that little bit I saw

I have to admit I wasn't sure just who Van Jones was.

As for the petition, he repudiated what it said. He did sign it, then claimed he didn't know what he was signing.

Jones is not too inspiring of confidence, but does he really buy into the 9/11 conspiracy garbage?

Half true is about right.

As for his being a Communist, this quote from that site you didn't like kind of makes us wonder just how communistic he might be:

There will surely be an important role for nonprofit voluntary, cooperative, and community-based solutions," Jones writes on page 86. "But the reality is that we are entering an era during which our very survival will demand invention and innovation on a scale never before seen in the history of human civilization. Only the business community has the requisite skills, experience, and capital to meet that need. On that score, neither the government nor the nonprofit and voluntary sectors can compete, not even remotely

That, and the comments that follow don't sound very Communistic to me. Reading over his history, I began to wonder if he even knew what a Communist was as a youth.

The one about Stern being the most frequent visitor to the White House should be easy to confirm or refute. Let's take a look at what it says about that:

Among those who visited more frequently than Stern, according to the combination of the two logs, were Lewis (Lee) Sachs, counselor to Treasury Secetary Timothy Geithner, with 92 visits; associate attorney general Tom Perrelli, with 49; Federal Communications Commission chairman Julius Genachowski with 47; Spencer Overton, principal deputy assistant attorney general, with 38; and Health and Human Services office of health reform director Jeanne Lambrew, with 27. (Stern visited twice more during the period covered by the second batch of data, giving him a total of 24 visits.)

Another complication is that the first batch of data -- covering the period from Jan. 20, 2009, to July 31, 2009, which found Stern in the lead -- is not a complete accounting of White House visits during that period. It only includes data for visitors whose names were first requested by the public. If no one requested a specific name, that name would not appear in the database. So there's no way of knowing whether Stern actually had the most visits for that period; he simply had the most of anyone whose name was requested by the public.

So no, Beck is not a terribly reliable source.

Also Gipper, its nice that you still have to call names, I guess it would be asking to much for you to ever say anything of value...don't bother to reply, unless someone quote you, I will not even see it. I wasted to much time with your worthless posts.

As for the petition, he repudiated what it said. He did sign it, then claimed he didn't know what he was signing.

Jones is not too inspiring of confidence, but does he really buy into the 9/11 conspiracy garbage?

As for his being a Communist, this quote from that site you didn't like kind of makes us wonder just how communistic he might be:

That, and the comments that follow don't sound very Communistic to me. Reading over his history, I began to wonder if he even knew what a Communist was as a youth.

The one about Stern being the most frequent visitor to the White House should be easy to confirm or refute. Let's take a look at what it says about that:

I knew that van jones said he took back his signature because glenn beck reported it the same time he reported that van jones signed it. there is a clip from a few months ago where van jones is talking communist again. actually there are a number of recent clips with him saying things that sound communist. I am off to a soccer game so I cant get them now but I will.

Had van jones at any time said he is no longer a communist glenn beck would have reported on it (then posted recent comments that sound communistic) and as you to decide for your self if he really changed but van jones never renounced it. so glenn beck can not be half true by reporting it

Andy Stern does not come into the white house like other visitors, its a backdoor process more like staff even though he is not staff. if you count the visitor book he wont be at the top or anywhere near it.

You know you should watch glenn beck and you would know who van jones was since no one else reported about him till after he was asked to leave the white house.

how can you say glenn beck cant be trusted if you dont even watch him yourself and just go by what someone else said. I know you dont watch him, there is no way you would not know who van jones is if you watched him at all.

Andy Stern does not come into the white house like other visitors, its a backdoor process more like staff even though he is not staff. if you count the visitor book he wont be at the top or anywhere near it.

You know you should watch glenn beck and you would know who van jones was since no one else reported about him till after he was asked to leave the white house.

how can you say glenn beck cant be trusted if you dont even watch him yourself and just go by what someone else said. I know you dont watch him, there is no way you would not know who van jones is if you watched him at all.

Oh, I watch Beck now and again. I just don't hang on his every word like true believers do. He can be entertaining at times, it's just that you can't take everything he says at face value.

Of course,the same could be said of Jon Stewart (who isn't a newscaster any more than Beck is), or even Lou Dobbs, even though the latter made some excellent points about illegal immigration and the war on the middle class.

Oh, I watch Beck now and again. I just don't hang on his every word like true believers do. He can be entertaining at times, it's just that you can't take everything he says at face value.

Of course,the same could be said of Jon Stewart (who isn't a newscaster any more than Beck is), or even Lou Dobbs, even though the latter made some excellent points about illegal immigration and the war on the middle class.

I don't know anyone who hangs on his every word though I suppose some do.

I just try to defend him when people say he is telling half truths or is lying.

The van jones signing the petition and being a communist are good examples.

Though people like to say van jones is no longer a communist van jones himself has never said that. Beck has pointed out that people say he is no longer a communist. Beck has also played the various videos that seem to suggest that but he also plays recent videos where jones certainly does sound communistic.

Beck also was clear to point out that jones renounced the triggers when it came out that he signed the petition,

So in neither case was he lying or telling a half truth but like in your signature ,,,,, if you tell a lie long enough....,,.. You know the rest

Truthers not triggers

Dang iPhones

You typed all of that on an iPhone? Now, that's impressive!

No, Beck really isn't a liar. His stock in trade is exaggeration and hype. His presentations are based on truth, or at least on sarcasm and irony. The statement about the government providing health care to pets had to have been sarcasm (surely, it was, wasn't it?)

The problem is not guys like Beck, or Limbaugh, or Rhodes, or anyone of that ilk. The problem is gullible people who hang on their every word as if it were some kind of gospel.

Hype and exaggeration sell, which is why there is so much of it on the airwaves.

You typed all of that on an iPhone? Now, that's impressive!

No, Beck really isn't a liar. His stock in trade is exaggeration and hype. His presentations are based on truth, or at least on sarcasm and irony. The statement about the government providing health care to pets had to have been sarcasm (surely, it was, wasn't it?)

The problem is not guys like Beck, or Limbaugh, or Rhodes, or anyone of that ilk. The problem is gullible people who hang on their every word as if it were some kind of gospel.

Hype and exaggeration sell, which is why there is so much of it on the airwaves.

Well there must be sarcasm somewhere in your reply here my friend. :D

Because Beck absolutely is a rampant faker & liar.

Well there must be sarcasm somewhere in your reply here my friend. :D

Because Beck absolutely is a rampant faker & liar.

LOL I guess emotion sells, too, even when it isn't real.

Back to the original question: How likely is it that Glenn Beck has really been diagnosed with an illness that normally hits young children?

LOL I guess emotion sells, too, even when it isn't real.

Back to the original question: How likely is it that Glenn Beck has really been diagnosed with an illness that normally hits young children?

What's hard to believe?

Beck might go blind (although that's most likely from all the Vicks Vapo Rub he put in 'em so he could play everyone with his fake crying scheme more than anything else). But hey Druggie Limbaugh had to have cochlear implants just to hear because of his rampant OxyContin (pill heroin) addiction... it all pretty much fits to me.:D

Sing it fellas...

What's hard to believe?

Beck might go blind (although that's most likely from all the Vicks Vapo Rub he put in 'em so he could play everyone with his fake crying scheme more than anything else). But hey Druggie Limbaugh had to have cochlear implants just to hear because of his rampant OxyContin (pill heroin) addiction... it all pretty much fits to me.:D

Sing it fellas...

I wonder what crack and cocaine will make obama lose? It couldn't be his integrity since he never had that to start with :)

Werbung:
Back