Glenn Beck Show ended

Why was it propaganda and what made it extreme?

Yet I've never seen you make such statements about people on your side of the isle... The next time someone goes on a rant about how the Republican plan for health care is to let people get sick and die in the streets, or any one of the tired old propaganda slogans of the left, perhaps then I'll get a chance to see if you're honest. Around here, I'm sure it won't take long for someone to spout some left-wing rhetorical nonsense.

Why would you believe Beck wants a theocracy?

In my opinion, propaganda is any generalize statement that is made purposely with the intention to gather people around one mind set that serves a single ideology, outcome, or monetary gain and includes at most a portion of truth with a lot of misleading information.

I believe that there are many exemples of Beck doing this. One that comes to mind is the continued "support" of Beck for Gold, which mostly served his own personal gain and that of his sponsor.

I'm sorry if you haven't in the whole 7 or 10 days I've been a member, read me clearly state that I do not like ANY form of extremism, whether from the Left or from the Right. I do not recall having had the opportunity as yet to read (and therefore answer) any post re: health care in this forum.

When the opportunity arises, I will be more than happy to give you my opinion. I can tell you that you will probably not like it. . .but it really doesn't matter, does it? :)

Werbung:
I for one will miss Beck, his large following amongst the GOP was a glowing indicator of their mentality. FOX didn't get rid of him for lower ratings, there were plenty of shows on FOX that got lower ratings and he still pulled more than MSNBC. FOX got rid of him because he was alienating the independent voter and FOX has an agenda larger than just ratings. By the way, Stewart had a coupla best sellers and Colbert did to. They both pulled twice as many to DC than Beck did. Found out why Olbermann called Beck "Lonesome Rhodes"-funny and timely

As usual, you hit the nail right on the head!
And, I guess for that single reason (demonstrating how far the craziness could go!), he will be missed . . .(Nahhhh!;))

Why is Glenn Beck just going on line? Why are Liberals allowed to put their own network on cable like Oprah Winfrey network called OWN. GBTV is only allowed on internet and not on Direct TV.Dish or Comcast?

I can tell you that you will probably not like it. . .but it really doesn't matter, does it? :)

It matters to me sucker.....
clinte1vg1.gif

In my opinion, propaganda is any generalize statement that is made purposely with the intention to gather people around one mind set that serves a single ideology, outcome, or monetary gain and includes at most a portion of truth with a lot of misleading information.

I believe that there are many exemples of Beck doing this. One that comes to mind is the continued "support" of Beck for Gold, which mostly served his own personal gain and that of his sponsor.

I'm sorry if you haven't in the whole 7 or 10 days I've been a member, read me clearly state that I do not like ANY form of extremism, whether from the Left or from the Right. I do not recall having had the opportunity as yet to read (and therefore answer) any post re: health care in this forum.

When the opportunity arises, I will be more than happy to give you my opinion. I can tell you that you will probably not like it. . .but it really doesn't matter, does it? :)

Nice try. Your previous postings have exposed you for who you really are. Your feeble attempt at convincing us that you are capable of "non-partisanship" is laughable.

But, in 30 days your "assignment" will expire, and you will be gone, just like the previous Obamanista plant, "Pepper".

Nice try. Your previous postings have exposed you for who you really are. Your feeble attempt at convincing us that you are capable of "non-partisanship" is laughable.

But, in 30 days your "assignment" will expire, and you will be gone, just like the previous Obamanista plant, "Pepper".

And what makes you think that I EVER tried to pretend I was someone I am not?

There are many issues on which I lean toward the Left. In fact, most of it. And I am proud of it. Why would I try to hide that?

There are a few issues where I believe that both the Left and the Right are too extreme. And when I discuss those issues, I say so.

There are many more issues where I see the Right being so extreme that I find it ridiculous, short sighted, and destructive.

I OFTEN (but not always) see extreme Right as not only suffering from myopia, but also . . .astygmatism (because, if it is not astygmatism that deforms some of the extreme views, it would be hypocrisy).

And, your comment about my being gone after 30 days is obviously a lot of wishfull thinking on your (and a few others of your friends) part!

I may go at some poing. . .IF I choose to. Certainly not because you or your friends will have intimidated me or brown beat me!
Believe me. . .smarter than you have tried!

So, I suggest you get used to me. I have no intention to fall for trolling comments and begin responding insults with insults. I find that insults are the last resource of people who have no more valid arguments. Insults and demeaning comments, as well as obscene language, comes not from a place of strength or intelligence, but a place of weakness and frustration.

Now, I think I would have enjoyed knowing Pepper, for all you're telling me. Actually, he/she must have made a huge impression if he/she only stayed 30 days and keeps on being mentionned by you and your little friends!

I guess I'll have to go read a few of his/her posts. Thanks for the referral!

I just went to have a quick look at Pepper's stats. Apparently, he/she must have made a big impression on you! That 30 days you were talking about. . .it was only less than 2 weeks! I guess it seemed like a life time to you, and for the little I read of his/her intelligent and well documented posts, I can see why!

But it seems that, in time at least, I have already been here longer than he/she was. . .
So, your prediction has already proven to be wrong!

Why is Glenn Beck just going on line? Why are Liberals allowed to put their own network on cable like Oprah Winfrey network called OWN. GBTV is only allowed on internet and not on Direct TV.Dish or Comcast?
I am sure if he put up the money he could get a channel if he wanted. These things are like franchises though. There are FCC rules to follow and no one will back someone who looks like they are actively trying to destroy his own career. His lunacy drives votes away from the GOP in droves, which is why I like his presence. Keep fighting the good fight, OX, I'm rootin' fer ya.

I've known Openmind for a long time, brace yourselves, openmind will be here for awhile as will I. Unless, you guys manage to bring the forum police down on us. (grabs crotch and sneers)

I am sure if he put up the money he could get a channel if he wanted. These things are like franchises though. There are FCC rules to follow and no one will back someone who looks like they are actively trying to destroy his own career. His lunacy drives votes away from the GOP in droves, which is why I like his presence. Keep fighting the good fight, OX, I'm rootin' fer ya.

Maybe he wants the freedom of the Internet? Doesn't want to be tied down to deadlines and FCC restrictions?

He also has radio as an option. Personally I don't find him nearly as entertaining or as thought provoking as Rush. That is to say, his ideas, his presentation, and his style are good to listen to, but I get tired of him quickly. Not so with Rush.

Whether I agree or disagree with his point of view, Rush has a style and presentation that is a lot more interesting to listen to than Glen.

That definition would seem to be applicable to every single statement made by a politician, pundit, news media figure, and forum poster who shares his opinion.

Why is that bad?

I'm sorry if you haven't in the whole 7 or 10 days I've been a member, read me clearly state that I do not like ANY form of extremism, whether from the Left or from the Right.
I asked what was extreme about him, you didn't answer, instead you once again made a generalized statement about extremism.

Werbung:
That definition would seem to be applicable to every single statement made by a politician, pundit, news media figure, and forum poster who shares his opinion.

Why is that bad?

I asked what was extreme about him, you didn't answer, instead you once again made a generalized statement about extremism.

If my answer doesn't satisfy you, be it.
I do not think I owe you anything. You are not a prosecutor, and I am not on trial.
Enough said that my opinion, for the reasons previously stated, is that Glenn Beck is bad news for people who are easily influence and whose critical thinking skills are poor.

Beck is not emotionally stable, he is a profitor trying to pass himself as a "prophet," and he has a tendency for paranoia and grandiosity.

Whether or not you agree with my opinion is a moot point.
So i'll leave it at that.

Back