Glenn beck is right about gay marriage

I can not figure out how anyone gets lonely but if they do I cant see turning homosexual over it, but I do understand the women I have met who were so terribly violated by men they just cannot trust men anymore and turned to women instead.

Sil, that was a very interesting take on the Frisco gold rush reason for homosexuality. I will have to ponder that one a while.

thanks for the point of view.

Werbung:
Here's what the GLBTQ website has to say about San Fran.
"Immigration to California well into the 1850s was almost exclusively male, and a high proportion of the few female immigrants were prostitutes. In such sex-segregated and relatively closed environments (mining camps, prisons, ships), particularly where male-female sexuality is conducted largely on a commercial basis, there tends to be a high incidence of "situational" homosexual activity among men...

...The atypical gender distribution of San Francisco's mid-nineteenth-century population contributed to the development of a large "vice" district, the fabled "Barbary Coast," which quickly earned San Francisco its reputation as a "wide-open town." The relative openness of a bawdy, semi-public sexual culture in San Francisco no doubt contributed to the development of rich homosexual and transgender subcultures before the twentieth century, as did the city's maritime economy and its burgeoning, bohemian literary and art scenes. Asbury notes that the brothels along Commercial Street in particular "were much frequented by degenerates," such as men who wore women's clothing, and that popular erotic sex cabarets included both male and female entertainers "who were encouraged to do whatever their erotic fantasies might dictate...

..."~ http://www.glbtq.com/social-sciences/san_francisco.html

So I'm pretty sure not all homosexuals are born that way. Sexuality is malleable and environments of tolerance and promotion spawn predictable expansion in numbers of homosexuals in a given social system.

Hence my objection to gay marriage. It's my viewpoint it shouldn't be tolerated or promoted. That's how I'll be voting. Call me old fashioned but I believe queer should remain queer.

So, someone wrote a book about it, and that book has been banned?

Can't expose kids to facts. That might warp them, or even teach them to think for themselves.:eek:

That makes a lot of sense.

I think so too. Far more sense than that everyone is either totally hetero or totally homo. It's an hypothesis that fits all of the known facts at least.

Actually, it can be quite rewarding living with both...but it's a LOT of work to make it work.

I'll bet. I wouldn't want to try it.

But, if someone else does, let them go for it.

Lets say my beautiful wife were to leave me (not possible, since we are dedicated to each other until death do us part per our vows to God Almighty), there is NO F-ING way I am going gay.

I doubt I am the only one who feels this way. Now, I know there are always exceptions.

If a heterosexual can turn gay as a result of loneliness, then being born gay seems very unlikely.

Believe everything written on political forums, do ya?

Werbung:
By illustrating the malleability of human sexuality, Sapphire is actually making the case for why homosexuality shouldn't be normalized by the stamp of marriage [society's condoned sexual relationship]. Humans learn and aspire to their 'choices' by social pressure. If you remove the word "queer" from that which is queer, then queer becomes normal and expands its numbers artificially* via the social-pressure vector within that population.

I've always said that this is a matter of voter preference. Some see this new [predictably-expansive] system as totally fine for reasons of sexual freedom, population control..so many reasons I've heard people promote gay marraige that it's hard to list them all. The thing is that people should be aware of the normalizing-effect before they vote and not sit down to think about in depth only after it's a done deal.

It's not going to stop with gay marraige. That's the proverbial toe in the door. Polygamy will follow and after that will be? Yes, it actually will proceed this way. I know the american legal system and once you set a precident, anything else that wants to marry [be normalized] will have its day in court. And there better be good arguments besides "that's just icky!" to fend them off. Ever seen the lady holding the scales? She has a blindfold on for a reason.. Lots and lots of people, the majority in fact, think homosexuality is "icky", and it looks like in spite of the majority Will, the gays will have their way. This sets a disturbing precident. Think about it. No, really think about it. Just because a given human behavior has spawned enough numbers to have a vocal movement, shouldn't automatically dicate that we normalize it. Think: history of human civilizations and get back to me.

Thank you Sapphire for your "continuum" contribution. Homosexuality is an acquired behavior whose prevalence can be directly predicted by the degree it is accepted within any given social system. Vote on gay marriage accordingly..

*Artifice: "a clever trick or stratagem; a cunning, crafty device or expedient; wile."

*Artificial: "Biology . based on arbitrary, superficial characteristics rather than natural, organic relationships.." [Dictionary.com]

Back