Global Warming

there is ALWAYS an energy release.

And when it is released, where is it released to, and where is it released from? When there is a release of energy at one point, there is always a gain at another point. Most of the energy budget, as it applies to the atmosphere is in the form of latent heat and there is no such thing as an energy release that doesn't result in a gain in some other part of the atmosphere.

i know the terms, i was asking you to see what you know, and you know little

There is a large difference between knowing the terms and knowing what they mean. I note that you shied entirely away from the responses to your silly questions about greenhouse gases, atmospheric winds, and carbon sinks. One of us knows little, but it isn't me.

... If you don't have any understanding of a subject, you should probably not try, because of how stupid you appear to be.

Name calling in lieu of actual debate. I wondered how long it would take you and now I know.

this subject has experts, and unlike the politics boards of the Internet, you can be dead wrong about your statements, your opinions hold no weight against plain hard mathmatics. after all, math is the basis of all sciences, and math is recognized all over the world as no where near a pseudo science.

Yes it does have experts; on both sides of the argument and the ones on the AGW side of the argument routinely ignore science that is in direct opposition to their findings and they continue to make predictions based on terribly flawed computer models. The actual scientists are simply gathering information and trying to learn enough to actually understand how the components that make up the global climate interact with each other. The pseudoscientists, on the other hand, are using very selective bits and pieces of information to try and paint a picture of man's responsibilty for a naturally occuring cycle. It is clear which category you favor.

would you consider mathematics a pseudoscience?

No I wouldn't. And oddly enough, mathematics has been used more than once to expose the statistical fraud of the pseudoscientists who are promoting AGW theory. But then math is not the "science" in question here is it?

save a minute and don't bother to respond

Apparently that woud be so that you don't have to answer the rebuttals to the little questions that you raise. You have already dodged 2/3 of the issues you raised.

Werbung:
I think one problem people always overlook is the combined effect of human involved atmospheric heating AND the natural temperature flux. These arguments are always asserting and either / or reference, only rarely taking both occurrences into equal consideration. This isn't really a subject matter I'm on top of, so I'm going to refrain here.

I think one problem people always overlook is the combined effect of human involved atmospheric heating AND the natural temperature flux. These arguments are always asserting and either / or reference, only rarely taking both occurrences into equal consideration. This isn't really a subject matter I'm on top of, so I'm going to refrain here.

THe real question is whether or not man has enough of an influence to justify making changes in the way we live that would seriously damage our economy. I mean, if man is having a 1.8% influence on the climate, that hardly justifys doing anything at all more than directing research into technology that will allow us to live more comfortably in the long summer that is coming.

Maybe one of you AlGorian disciples can explain to me why the Sunshine State is getting colder while the rest of the world is predicted to fry.
Citrus is an important ag crop and also very sensitive to cold weather. The fruit is damaged at 32 degrees F and trees are damaged at 29 degrees F. So the ideal climate for commercial citrus production would be one in which there was virtually no chance of freezing winter weather.
In 1890, there were commercial citrus groves throughout all of FL and coastal GA and SC. By 1960 the northernmost line of citrus was Macintosh, FL. By 1980 the line was Leesburg, FL. Today the line is Kissimmee, FL. The line has moved over 250 miles south since 1890 due to a gradual progression of colder winters.
Source: Florida Citrus Mutual
So all of you that bow down and worship at the altar of GW, come on down. If it gets to hot for you in NY or CHItown, come to Fla. Look me up and we will sip a Corona in front of the fireplace and watch the Gators win yet another national title. But be sure and bring a coat.

If you want to truly understand exactly what GW is all about, check out this site:
carbontax.org
The hysteria created by Gore and Co. is really about paving the way for a world-wide carbon tax, collected by the UN and paid by industrial nations (translation: you and me)
They know that climate is highly cycilical and they have 5-10 years to get their precious carbon tax passed, so the hysteria must be whipped to a frenzy before the climate begins to again cool. Once the tax is in place, it will be necessary to maintain the tax, even when temps cool, to "make sure GW doesn't reoccur".
I don't see this as science. It is strictly political. And coming from the same crowd that gave you such notable policies as confiscatory taxation, socialized medicine, social "security" which is actually insecurity, abortion on demand, public schools as social experiments, condoms in public schools, PC,
confiscation of firearms and legislation from the judicial bench.

Oh no! Condoms in public schools! Le gasp...maybe teenagers will stop having babies because they're using contraceptives rather than having unprotected sex.

Sorry, buddy. Mass culture is here to stay and kids are going to be trying things - better to educate them and give them the tools to keep from increasing our already overly large population than to stick our heads in the sand and preach "good values" at a generation that doesn't give a **** except in the literal sense.

As for socialized medicine, well...I'm still a fan personally but I can see why others, who wouldn't benefit from it as much, would disapprove. Perhaps if we had decent people in charge of it Social Security would be in better shape - as in people that would keep the government from raiding its coffers every time they need some extra coin for something else.

You want to attack global warming as a purely political maneuver, go ahead, but don't attack political maneuvers that have supporters while you're at it - it causes us to relate GW with the issues we already support, while you're trying to prove that there is not good reason to support Gore and the GW crowd. See what I mean?

If you want to truly understand exactly what GW is all about, check out this site:
carbontax.org
The hysteria created by Gore and Co. is really about paving the way for a world-wide carbon tax, collected by the UN and paid by industrial nations (translation: you and me)
They know that climate is highly cycilical and they have 5-10 years to get their precious carbon tax passed, so the hysteria must be whipped to a frenzy before the climate begins to again cool. Once the tax is in place, it will be necessary to maintain the tax, even when temps cool, to "make sure GW doesn't reoccur".
I don't see this as science. It is strictly political. And coming from the same crowd that gave you such notable policies as confiscatory taxation, socialized medicine, social "security" which is actually insecurity, abortion on demand, public schools as social experiments, condoms in public schools, PC,
confiscation of firearms and legislation from the judicial bench.

wow...talk about a Conspiracy Theorist.

Send this man a Tin Foil hat.

wow...talk about a Conspiracy Theorist.

Send this man a Tin Foil hat.

Yeah, that is a little Rokerjdude of him. The global warming hysteria is exacerbated, at least in part, because people feel the need to cling to some doom stories (see Mad Cow Disease, West Nile, Y2K, SARS, cancer from 3 Mile Island, Bird Flu...).

It's simply a case of a few scientists predicting that the climate is undergoing dramatic changes (we've seen this play out before, haven't we?) and that we need to take drastic steps right the ship. This apocalyptic scenario is characteristically followed up by thousands of left-wing joiners clinging to it, thinking that they can actually make a difference.

The only way to make any sort of difference on a global scale is to return to pre-1800 population levels. Have fun with that...

Yeah, that is a little Rokerjdude of him. The global warming hysteria is exacerbated, at least in part, because people feel the need to cling to some doom stories (see Mad Cow Disease, West Nile, Y2K, SARS, cancer from 3 Mile Island, Bird Flu...).

It's simply a case of a few scientists predicting that the climate is undergoing dramatic changes (we've seen this play out before, haven't we?) and that we need to take drastic steps right the ship. This apocalyptic scenario is characteristically followed up by thousands of left-wing joiners clinging to it, thinking that they can actually make a difference.

The only way to make any sort of difference on a global scale is to return to pre-1800 population levels. Have fun with that...
your not really this stupid are you? i thought that gay cowboy was the dumbest one in this thread till you stuck your dick in your mouth

your not really this stupid are you? i thought that gay cowboy was the dumbest one in this thread till you stuck your dick in your mouth

And if you think man can do anything to affect global temperatures you are a dumb-ass hick victim of the media. Have a budweiser with the crap they feed you.

what the hell is global temprature speak down will you i only made it through the 4th grade................it was long and hard on this black woman

Werbung:
Back