Global Warning is Very Real

I appreciate the idea of cleaning up but the idea of doing immeasurable damage to our economic systems in a vain attempt to have an effect on the global climate cycles disgusts me and the people who are so uneducated, and gullible that they can be manipulated by people who seek nothing more than political power over them have my pity.

Ditto that! Much of the hype about global warming is nothing more than hypocrites on the left using a unique issue to stir people up in attempt to gain power. Disgusting!

Werbung:
Again, you got it wrong, jpn

Meanwhile WileE presents shocking evidence from that authoritative source, The American Conservative Union Foundation which proves that the Earth actually cooled from 1998 to 2005! Amazing what you can learn on the Internet!
Actually, the ACUF only quoted facts provided by the National Climate Data Center.

Actually, the ACUF only quoted facts provided by the National Climate Data Center.

This sort of thing is typical among those who have drunk the kook aid. When they can't effectively rebutt the information you provide (which is most of the time) they attack the source as if that was a substitute for actual discussion. It doesn't click with them that information is information and it is either correct or incorrect and the source is irrelavent.

The comedy act of Palerider and company continues. :p

New%20Fig%201.gif

I guess the chart above doesn't mean anything if you choose to not believe in the greenhouse effect since admitting that scientists are right about it would mean that your precious conservative ideology has been wrong all this time. [

Revealing that you think that chart proves your point.

http://www.enn.com/climate/article/29658

Maybe volcanoes are melting the ice...??? I wonder why the global warming nazis (which is what they are - they're shouting down those who don't go along with their agenda) never consider things other than man as causes of "global warming" - like volcanoes, cyclical temperature swings or an increased solar activity.

Blame whitey first!

I still don't understand where you think all the fumes out of factories and cars goes and what it does - unless you think it does diddly squat.

I still don't understand where you think all the fumes out of factories and cars goes and what it does - unless you think it does diddly squat.

Look - don't get me wrong. I'm not for pollution. No sane person is. I simply don't buy the propaganda that only humans are causing the earth to heat up. I learned in 5th grade science class that plants need CO2 to live - AKA they eat the car fumes. Maybe not all of them (see Los Angeles for example) but they do their part. If there are ways to slowly reduce the amount of pollution we put into the environment, without destroying the world economy in the process, I'd probably be for it.

But when I see stuff like this (from the front page of the Minneapolis Star Tribune 1/22/08), it drives me nuts and makes me think all you global warming nazis should be institutionalized:

Researchers have stumbled on a way to stop cows from emitting methane - a potent greenhouse gas - when they belch, a finding that could help in the fight against global warming

Are you F-ing kidding me?:mad:

I almost hope we begin our descent into the next ice age during my lifetime just so we can all have a good laugh.

Researchers have stumbled on a way to stop cows from emitting methane - a potent greenhouse gas - when they belch, a finding that could help in the fight against global warming

Are you F-ing kidding me?:mad:

They will be coming at you with a catalytic converter for your A hole next. And quit breathing so much.

sublime, right now the atmospheric concentration of CO2 is somewhere in the neighborhood of 375 parts per million. Are you able to comprehend how small an amount that is? If you look back into the history of the earth, 375 parts per million would hardly register on the scale. Across the history of the earth, 2,000 parts per million is about average.

CO2 doesn't cause warming. Increased atmospheric CO2 concentrations are the result of warming, not the cause. We know this from every ice core study ever done. Further, can you show me any evidence at all that strongly suggests that we are now living in the optimum temperature range? Everything I know suggests that we are at least a half dozen degrees below the optimum.

You haven't answered my question palerider. Do you think that fumes from the millions of cars and huge factories all over the world do nothing to the environment?

You haven't answered my question palerider. Do you think that fumes from the millions of cars and huge factories all over the world do nothing to the environment?

We used to call it pollution, smog, dirty stuff in the air. Harmful substances put into the air. But that was before we decided the stuff we were breathing out every time we exhale was also pollution. Carbon monoxide was a pollutant becasue its poisonous. Carbon dioxide was not.

This thread is about climate change, not pollution. Like I said, I don't have a problem with cleaning up the environment so long as it doesn't cost people their lives or their livelyhood. That is not the same issue, however, as climate change.

You mentioned cars, by the way, and reducing emissions on cars has resulted in a very large number of deaths that can be laid directly at the feet of those who insisted on better gas mileage. I doubt that you could lay a single death at the feet of anyone with regard to climate change, but tens of thousands, even millions of deaths can be attributed to the environmentalist agenda.

Werbung:
Back