Global Warning is Very Real

tens of thousands, even millions of deaths can be attributed to the environmentalist agenda.
The US, all by it's polluting self, releases about 3 million tons of toxic chemicals (carbon monoxide among them) into the environment, contributing to cancer, birth defects, immune system defects, respiratory illnesses, and many other serious health problems.

In fact, according to the WHO, some 2.4 million people die, worldwide, each year from causes directly attributable to air pollution.

Yet, you claim millions have died from "the environmentalist agenda"?

Perhaps we should have an anti environmentalist agenda, repeal some of those unfair regulations. Not only would the fossil fuel industry be happy, but then we could double, even triple, those numbers stated above. After all, those nasty environmentalists worry too much about human life, when they're corporate profits to be made.

Werbung:
In fact, according to the WHO, some 2.4 million people die, worldwide, each year from causes directly attributable to air pollution.

Yet, you claim millions have died from "the environmentalist agenda"?

I'd be curious to see how the WHO determines if a death is caused directly by air pollution. The reason I bring it up is because the anti-smoking nazis do something which I think the WHO may also be doing. If a smoker dies in a car crash, they label it a smoking-related death. If a smoker dies via lightning strike, they label it a smoking-related death. Not quite respectable if you ask me.

Regardless, there ARE millions dead because of the enviro-nazis...ever heard of malaria in africa? It's very possible it'd be a thing of the past today, but it's not because the green hippies forced the end of pesticide use, which was used to kill the mosquitos. As a result, millions have died from malaria and many more will continue to die because the hippies didn't want to get any chemicals in the ground...

I'd be curious to see how the WHO determines if a death is caused directly by air pollution. The reason I bring it up is because the anti-smoking nazis do something which I think the WHO may also be doing. If a smoker dies in a car crash, they label it a smoking-related death. If a smoker dies via lightning strike, they label it a smoking-related death. Not quite respectable if you ask me.
Yeah, blame the messenger

ilikeboobs said:
Regardless, there ARE millions dead because of the enviro-nazis...ever heard of malaria in africa? It's very possible it'd be a thing of the past today, but it's not because the green hippies forced the end of pesticide use, which was used to kill the mosquitos. As a result, millions have died from malaria and many more will continue to die because the hippies didn't want to get any chemicals in the ground...
You know, listening and watching such buffoons as Limbaugh and O'Reilly is one thing. Agreeing with idiots is your perogative. However I've noticed you've even taken up imitating phrases they use, such as O'Reilly's "what say you". You do, at times, think for yourself, don't you?

Anyway, in regard to the banning of DDT and malaria, This from Wikipedia

In 1955, the World Health Organization commenced a program to eradicate malaria worldwide, relying largely on DDT. Though this program was initially highly successful worldwide (reducing mortality rates from 192 per 100,000 to a low of 7 per 100,000), resistance soon emerged in many insect populations as a consequence of widespread agricultural use of DDT. In many areas, early victories against malaria were partially or completely reversed, and in some cases rates of transmission even increased.

Although the publication of Silent Spring undoubtedly influenced the U.S. ban on DDT in 1972, the reduced usage of DDT in malaria eradication began the decade before because of the emergence of DDT-resistant mosquitoes.

Criticisms of a ban on DDT often refer specifically to the 1972 US ban (with the implication that this constituted a worldwide ban), while ignoring that DDT has not been banned for public health use in most areas of the world where malaria is endemic.

The goal of eradication was abandoned in 1969, and attention was focused on controlling and treating the disease. Furthermore, mosquitoes were developing resistance to DDT.

Yeah, blame the messenger

You know, listening and watching such buffoons as Limbaugh and O'Reilly is one thing. Agreeing with idiots is your perogative. However I've noticed you've even taken up imitating phrases they use, such as O'Reilly's "what say you". You do, at times, think for yourself, don't you?

Anyway, in regard to the banning of DDT and malaria, This from Wikipedia

FYI - I don't listen/watch either Limbaugh or O'Reilly. They're both obnoxious. The fact that I've uttered the phrase, "what say you" is something I've done for years...Mr. O'Reilly has nothing to do with it. My guess is that you hate my arguments so much that you resort to passive/aggressive insults. Whatever you feel the need to do, dude.

Anyway, http://www.junkscience.com/malaria_clock.html. There's always a counter, isn't there...

FYI - I don't listen/watch either Limbaugh or O'Reilly. They're both obnoxious. The fact that I've uttered the phrase, "what say you" is something I've done for years...Mr. O'Reilly has nothing to do with it. My guess is that you hate my arguments so much that you resort to passive/aggressive insults. Whatever you feel the need to do, dude.

Anyway, http://www.junkscience.com/malaria_clock.html. There's always a counter, isn't there...

That website is from Stephen Milloy, he is bought and paid for. He even goes so far as to question the health risks of secondhand smoke, while at the same time advocating the use of pesticides. Milloy's close financial and organizational ties to tobacco and oil companies are well documented. He's nothing but good for a laugh.

From Who's promoting DDT

Steven Milloy: Milloy is an Adjunct Analyst for the Competitive Enterprise Institute. He is the "Junk Science" commentator for FoxNews.com, and runs the Web site junkscience.com, which is dedicated to debunking what Milloy labels "faulty scientific data and analysis." Milloy's “Junk Science” web site features The Malaria Clock: A Green Eco-Imperialist Legacy of Death, which he claims counts up the approximate number of new malaria cases and deaths in the world, most of which he says could have been prevented by the use of DDT. A footnote at the bottom of the malaria clock webpage states, "Note that some of these cases would have occurred irrespective of DDT use. Note also that, while enormously influential, the US ban did not immediately terminate global DDT use and that developing world malaria mortality increased over time, rather than instantly leaping to the estimated value of 2,700,000 deaths per year."

I'm actually glad you posted that.
It proves one thing: no one knows that the F is actually happening on this planet. Some say we're going to die from warming. Some say we're going to die from cooling. Some say it's the sun. Some say it's the natural earth cycle. Some say it's CO2.

All I want is the truth. I don't care where it comes from or if it means I have to suck it up and say, "I was wrong". But until I can get everyone to agree on the final outcome, I'm going to sit here and spray cans of aqua net into the air to try to warm up my city.

:rolleyes:

All I want is the truth. I don't care where it comes from or if it means I have to suck it up and say, "I was wrong".

The Earth will continue to warm, until temperatures reach a peak, and then we will begin our descent into the next ice age. Just as has been repeated over and over throughout the earths history. When glaciers begin scraping civilization off of northern europe and Canada, we will long for the days of global warming.

What about Global Freezing? Dinosaurs were found in the Arctic with vegetation still in their mouths frozen like a pot pie. Possibly, when the ice melts, the Earth shifts on it's axis and "presto", you're an ice cube! Future civilizations will find some of us frozen with tacos in our mouths.

What about Global Freezing? Dinosaurs were found in the Arctic with vegetation still in their mouths frozen like a pot pie. Possibly, when the ice melts, the Earth shifts on it's axis and "presto", you're an ice cube! Future civilizations will find some of us frozen with tacos in our mouths.

lol!!:D

Did you even read your own link? It says, if the temperatures were to rise there could be an increase in dehydration cases, which could lead to more cases of kidney stones.

no s**t :rolleyes:
Yeah, I know. I saw it, thought it was hilariously stupid and decided to post it on one of these global warming threads because EVERYTHING BAD IS DUE TO GLOBAL WARMING!

And "they" mean everything!

I just don't understand how anything bad ever happened in the world before oil, gas and coal came along.

Pidgey

Werbung:
Did you even read your own link? It says, if the temperatures were to rise there could be an increase in dehydration cases, which could lead to more cases of kidney stones.

no s**t :rolleyes:

I could be God controlling your mind and whispering things into your ears to type. Furthermore, your foot could really be your hand, but we might have named them opposite when starting our language... haha

Back