"Gun Control" fanatics keep pushing schemes that would not have stopped any of the mass shootings

You mean THIS THREAT to our freedom?

Wow! Talk about paranoia! Funny how the "Domestic MILITARY force" suddenly became the "CIVILIAN Expeditionary workforce!"

By the way, you too can be part of the Civilian Expeditionary Workforce!
And NO GUN needs to be involved!

i would expect most are willing to be told what the legislation is rather than read it.

Werbung:
i would expect most are willing to be told what the legislation is rather than read it.

I would expect that you would take whatever the legislation is in the most negative way possible. . .but that you will NOT present factual links to support your "spin" on the story.

And. . .just looking at the way you presented the "domestic military force" then had to admit that you were actually talking about the CIVILIAN expeditionary workforce is a pretty good indication of your bias!

I would expect that you would take whatever the legislation is in the most negative way possible. . .but that you will NOT present factual links to support your "spin" on the story.

And. . .just looking at the way you presented the "domestic military force" then had to admit that you were actually talking about the CIVILIAN expeditionary workforce is a pretty good indication of your bias!

sorry my spelling is vexing for you. read the legislation with an open mind and then your opinion on my bias has meaning.

England grabbed its citizens guns in 1997. Crime skyrocketed as the law-abiding were disarmed. The English citizens have a message for Americans.

England grabbed its citizens guns in 1997. Crime skyrocketed as the law-abiding were disarmed. The English citizens have a message for Americans.

Nope! I lived in England for 4 years between 1979 and 1983, and at that time even policemen didn't have guns! Private citizens were allowed guns (and they still are), but under VERY STRICT gun control laws, that included very thorough background for obtaining a license, and the obligation to keep the guns either under lock inside the home, or in a rented locker at shooting ranges.

England has NEVER been gun crazy, and they have a lot less crimes (especially gun crimes) than we do.

Again, you will find ONE or TWO propaganda videos and articles that are "custom made" to serve the purpose of the gun addicts. . .but it is all fluff and does not match the reality of the situation in England.

Nope! I lived in England for 4 years between 1979 and 1983, and at that time even policemen didn't have guns! Private citizens were allowed guns (and they still are), but under VERY STRICT gun control laws, that included very thorough background for obtaining a license, and the obligation to keep the guns either under lock inside the home, or in a rented locker at shooting ranges.

England has NEVER been gun crazy, and they have a lot less crimes (especially gun crimes) than we do.

Again, you will find ONE or TWO propaganda videos and articles that are "custom made" to serve the purpose of the gun addicts. . .but it is all fluff and does not match the reality of the situation in England.

so you ignore the point of the crime surge in favor of your cut-n-paste... ok

^ I completed a statistical analysis of the effect of strict gun laws on the rate of gun murders this morning. I'll post an article here that includes the database I used, the data sources, the analytical methodology used, the results, and the conclusion. Anybody want to guess what the correlation is???? ;)

You do realize that your constant criticism is very ineffective don't you?
What does "cut-n-paste" have to do with my own experience living in England?

But. . .don't bother to answer. . .I'm not interested by anything you have to say.

Now. . .here are some more FACTUAL information about England's gun laws and the feeling of the majority of English people for those laws:

Gun politics in the United Kingdom

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
In the United Kingdom firearms are tightly controlled by law, and while there is opposition to existing legislation from shooting organisations,[citation needed] there is little wider political debate, and public opinion favours stronger control.[1] The British Shooting Sports Council now believes that the law needs to be consolidated but it does not call for a review.[2] The United Kingdom has one of the lowest rates of gun homicides in the world with 0.07 recorded intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants in 2009 compared to the United States' 3.0 (over 40 times higher) and to Germany's 0.21 (3 times higher).[3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_United_Kingdom
]

Russian Gun Lobby Seeks Right To Bear Arms

Artyom Ryabov, said massive protests earlier this year showed that the country was increasingly unstable. The 37-year-old computer systems administrator compared the current situation to that of 1917, when he said those opposed to the Bolshevik Revolution were left without weapons and were therefore powerless to stop "tyranny."

You do realize that your constant criticism is very ineffective don't you?
What does "cut-n-paste" have to do with my own experience living in England?

But. . .don't bother to answer. . .I'm not interested by anything you have to say.

yes yes, the truth hurts doesnt it ?

you use the came lifted text regarding 'very strict regulation' etc constantly and to no effect.

ineffective ? depends on what you view as the goal.

yes yes, the truth hurts doesnt it ?

you use the came lifted text regarding 'very strict regulation' etc constantly and to no effect.

ineffective ? depends on what you view as the goal.

Apparently the truth doesn't hurt you. . .but then again, you would have to be receptive to what the TRUTH really is.

And obviously the truth will not be "effective" in a forum populated by gun addicts! Duh!
But it still needs to be talked about.

Werbung:
can common sense and real world experience change leftist dogma ?

hasnt yet but I applaud you for the effort.

You do realize that, if you had read the article of "tale of two cities," you would have seen the REASONS why NY homicide went down. . .
And it goes directly against your position:
1. Bloomberg kept the police budget steady (Chicago reduced it)
2. The police made a concentrated efforts to get GUNS OFF THE STREET
3. Out of the 8,000 guns that were remove from circulation in NY city, 800 (only 10%) were ILLEGAL guns.

Maybe you should read that article again before gloating?

And, in the second article provided, one little sentence tells a lot:

"In 2009, FBI background checks for guns increased by 30 percent over the previous year"

Back