I am not asking you, I am Fucking telling you! Fantasy based religions should be banned.

Culture is incredibly strong. You absorb whatever that's around you. Take smoking for instance. Many people would like to quit, but how can they considering all their family and friends smoke? How can these foolish radical atheists expect a lot of people to suddenly turn against religion?

Werbung:
Culture is incredibly strong. You absorb whatever that's around you. Take smoking for instance. Many people would like to quit, but how can they considering all their family and friends smoke? How can these foolish radical atheists expect a lot of people to suddenly turn against religion?

My family smokes, and I quit after over 50 years of smoking. My four brothers were all coke heads, pot smokers, and alcoholics. I wasn't. And the way most people practice their "religion" I would suggest most have already rejected their "religion".

I tend to agree with you, and just because something gets banned, doesn't mean the end of it. In fact what normally happens is that it just gets driven underground, possibly becoming even more dangerous than what it was before.

Also, Anti-theists are a small minority, they are no power to ban religions that have billions of adherents worldwide, it is just pure fantasy. OP should be grateful he has the religious freedom to be an atheist, a freedom many do not enjoy.

hedonologist, Saudi Arabia is said to have one the world's largest populations of atheists. Now those are some people who must be living deep undercover!!

Some radical atheists tend to have an elitist "know it all" persona which can be quite annoying. It can rival the attitude of people into conspiracy theories. In other words, the wise people believe the masses are sheep. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The wise people are often not that wise, whatever they try and make people believe.

If they were that wise, they wouldn't have to try and force their opinions on others.

My family smokes, and I quit after over 50 years of smoking. My four brothers were all coke heads, pot smokers, and alcoholics. I wasn't. And the way most people practice their "religion" I would suggest most have already rejected their "religion".

There are always exceptions to the rule, but I'm am saying generally speaking. In fact, the Bible says that people generally will copy whatever behavior they're surrounded by. For instance, in drug rehab, one key to recovery is changing the environment, which can be a tough thing to do.

The wise people are often not that wise, whatever they try and make people believe.

If they were that wise, they wouldn't have to try and force their opinions on others.

I think a lot of radical athiesm, racism, and the like is motivated by irrational hate.

I think a lot of radical athiesm, racism, and the like is motivated by irrational hate.

So, they are religionphobic? Faithphobic?

The part that gets me is that the hate seems to be because of people who try to share their religious views or "preach" at others. What I find ironic is that the extreme atheists preach harder than any religious person does. They try to shove their views down everyone's throat. They won't engage in civil debate.

There does seem to be a lot of 'my religions better than your relgion' remarks when this topic tends to get discussed, well, and religious topic come to mention it, and I feel it's that what causes the debates and the tensions.

If people stopped trying to ram their opinions and religions down other people's throats, we'd all get along so much better...

A good comeback to some annoying radical athiest would be simply to say you just don't care. Your not interested in his opinions on things, and you find his blabbing to be a form of harassment. However, don't try to have a casual conversation with these psychos, cause that just feeds them.

Saying 'I don't care' really does seem to wind them up. They usually have some rant already prepared for if a person says that, that's along the lines of..."oh, so you don't care about...(fill in the blanks)" and after they have finished I just say, that's right. I don't care about any of that.

To a person that as strong opinions about everything, there's nothing worse than a person that's indifferent.

Saying 'I don't care' really does seem to wind them up. They usually have some rant already prepared for if a person says that, that's along the lines of..."oh, so you don't care about...(fill in the blanks)" and after they have finished I just say, that's right. I don't care about any of that.

To a person that as strong opinions about everything, there's nothing worse than a person that's indifferent.

Some things make me mad like racism and a phony attitude. Being in the south USA, a lot of people are hostile or indifferent to criticism. I also found the same attitude when I taught ESL in South Korea, and even in the Phillippines. Of course, all of those places are full of people who get annoyed at criticism of thier culture.

However, looking on the dark side, you have to admit, it's difficult to criticize other places without first criticizing your own hypocrisy, and also the apparent faults in your own culture.

Last edited:
Some things make me mad like racism and a phony attitude. Being in the south USA, a lot of people are hostile or indifferent to criticism. I also found the same attitude when I taught ESL in South Korea, and even in the Phillippines. Of course, all of those places are full of people who get annoyed at criticism of thier culture.

However, looking on the dark side, you have to admit, it's difficult to criticize other places without first criticizing your own hypocrisy, and also the apparent faults in your own culture.

Oddly enough, didn't "No More Mr. Nice Guy" Alice Cooper become a born again Christian?

So, they are religionphobic? Faithphobic?

The part that gets me is that the hate seems to be because of people who try to share their religious views or "preach" at others. What I find ironic is that the extreme atheists preach harder than any religious person does. They try to shove their views down everyone's throat. They won't engage in civil debate.

They all don't, but it seems like I always run into the angry ones. Also, radical athiests are not the only ones hostile to civil debate.

There does seem to be a lot of 'my religions better than your relgion' remarks when this topic tends to get discussed, well, and religious topic come to mention it, and I feel it's that what causes the debates and the tensions.

If people stopped trying to ram their opinions and religions down other people's throats, we'd all get along so much better...

Christians were becoming quite annoying with the "Chick Fil-a" controversy where they massively increased the restaurant's business during a spat where the store CEO said he opposed the gay agenda. Of course, he has a right to say that, but it's still annoying to see Christians dragged into dirty politics and hate.

Werbung:

Do as I say, not as I do seems to be a phrase that springs to mind on too many occasions. Telling a country or a culture how they should behave, but not addressing the problems in your own circle as got more popular these days.

Back