Is Obama the Divider-In-Chief?

Werbung:
I guess you are around gay people a lot to think you can generalize that way?
Well, I have been. . .when I worked with people with AIDS as a social worker.
And gay people are no different than any other people. . . ., some are gentle and sensitive and fun and intelligent, some are aggressive, and mean, and short tempered and real bastards.
Generalizations are usually NOT a good answer to anything. . .by making generalizations one is automatically wrong.

Well--I did live in San Francisco when all the AIDS thing happened--late 70's through early 80's--so do not lecture me on it. I saw it happen--I saw it flourish--beginning with just not feeling good, then stomach aches, then days off, then spots appearing on the flesh. The horrors of the days before medication are something you don't even want to know about. I know WHY it happened, knew many who thought the bathhouse scene was just TOO FUN.

I managed over 100 gay people in s high tech company. I sat with old friends--who happened to be gay--which didn't matter to me--and saw their families hang up when we called them to say they had only days left to live. I saw Act II of this scenario when I returned to living in Los Angeles--which was a couple of years behind it all. IT IS YOU that are PREJUDICED. But blind to it, apparently.

Don't lecture me on this, young and silly one. I know more about it from personal experience that you will ever be able to read.

I have forgotten more in the last year than you currently can elucidate.
Not a flaw necessarily--but you need to be careful when you hurl invective--it can often work against you more than for you.

There is a lesson here--an important one--and I hope you will take a few minutes to reflect on it.

Youth is not a flaw--but--it is--what it is.

Do with this what you wish.

Moderators--this is not insulting or unkind--it is what is known as truth and somewhat unvarnished.

Well--I did live in San Francisco when all the AIDS thing happened--late 70's through early 80's--so do not lecture me on it. I saw it happen--I saw it flourish--beginning with just not feeling good, then stomach aches, then days off, then spots appearing on the flesh. The horrors of the days before medication are something you don't even want to know about. I know WHY it happened, knew many who thought the bathhouse scene was just TOO FUN.

I managed over 100 gay people in s high tech company. I sat with old friends--who happened to be gay--which didn't matter to me--and saw their families hang up when we called them to say they had only days left to live. I saw Act II of this scenario when I returned to living in Los Angeles--which was a couple of years behind it all. IT IS YOU that are PREJUDICED. But blind to it, apparently.

Don't lecture me on this, young and silly one. I know more about it from personal experience that you will ever be able to read.

I have forgotten more in the last year than you currently can elucidate.
Not a flaw necessarily--but you need to be careful when you hurl invective--it can often work against you more than for you.

There is a lesson here--an important one--and I hope you will take a few minutes to reflect on it.

Youth is not a flaw--but--it is--what it is.

Do with this what you wish.

Moderators--this is not insulting or unkind--it is what is known as truth and somewhat unvarnished.

This time I respect most of your comments. . .although once again you assume too much about me, and you are wrong again!

I do respect that you know, and that you may have suffered the loss of some people you cared about, the agony of AIDS.

I too have a long history with the AIDS population, not quite as early as you, but in the mid 1990's just prior to AIDS becoming a "manageable" long term disease, rather than a outright killer. You see, I am not a gay man, but I also am not a a "young one!" We may even be about the same age, although I think you may be just a few years older than me. . .maybe my husband's age (he is almost 73, and I just turned 62).

I worked at the Santa Cruz AIDS project as a social worker. I've also cried with people (not just gay men. . ., but women also, widows who had been deceived by their partner, long term gay lovers who saw their couple destroyed because one had not kept their vow of monogamy, and heterosexual men and women who had shared needles, and a young woman whose drug addiction drove to prostitution and whose family, so proud of her early career as a model, wouldn't even accept to see her one last time before she died, even innocent children born HIV + because their mother had been contaminated by an unfaithful and dishonest bi-sexual husband.)
Almost every week we saw one of our clients die, every weeks we saw people newly diagnosed HIV +. I sat with some in the Public health office waiting for the "big announcement." I bought cherries in February for a young woman whose wish was to taste cherries one more time before she died. She died of AIDS in March.

I am not young, I am not foolish. I do know the wonderful and terrible lessons that age bring us.

Do not assume that because you disagree with my political stand I am ignorant or foolish. I too have a LONG life experience, an experience that is varied and international. A career that brought together what I learn as a BA in psych and a BA in economics. . .but the REAL lessons came from LIFE, the life I had selected when I chose to become an MSW instead of an MBA. And those lessons were more often from the heart and soul than from the brain.

No. . . if you are as wise as you say you are, if you really have experienced everything you say you experienced, you should know that assumptions are too often false, and yet can destroy what could be a respectful and nourishing relationship.

This time I respect most of your comments. . .although once again you assume too much about me, and you are wrong again!

I do respect that you know, and that you may have suffered the loss of some people you cared about, the agony of AIDS.

I too have a long history with the AIDS population, not quite as early as you, but in the mid 1990's just prior to AIDS becoming a "manageable" long term disease, rather than a outright killer. You see, I am not a gay man, but I also am not a a "young one!" We may even be about the same age, although I think you may be just a few years older than me. . .maybe my husband's age (he is almost 73, and I just turned 62).

I worked at the Santa Cruz AIDS project as a social worker. I've also cried with people (not just gay men. . ., but women also, widows who had been deceived by their partner, long term gay lovers who saw their couple destroyed because one had not kept their vow of monogamy, and heterosexual men and women who had shared needles, and a young woman whose drug addiction drove to prostitution and whose family, so proud of her early career as a model, wouldn't even accept to see her one last time before she died, even innocent children born HIV + because their mother had been contaminated by an unfaithful and dishonest bi-sexual husband.)
Almost every week we saw one of our clients die, every weeks we saw people newly diagnosed HIV +. I sat with some in the Public health office waiting for the "big announcement." I bought cherries in February for a young woman whose wish was to taste cherries one more time before she died. She died of AIDS in March.

I am not young, I am not foolish. I do know the wonderful and terrible lessons that age bring us.

Do not assume that because you disagree with my political stand I am ignorant or foolish. I too have a LONG life experience, an experience that is varied and international. A career that brought together what I learn as a BA in psych and a BA in economics. . .but the REAL lessons came from LIFE, the life I had selected when I chose to become an MSW instead of an MBA. And those lessons were more often from the heart and soul than from the brain.

No. . . if you are as wise as you say you are, if you really have experienced everything you say you experienced, you should know that assumptions are too often false, and yet can destroy what could be a respectful and nourishing relationship.

Take a lesson here folks. She is 62, I am 63.
Old folks are not just vegetables floating in the soup.

The point here is this--people need to be somewhat more open about who/what they are, what they see, what they have seen and what they believe to be. Not about the personal things in life--those are for each of us alone to keep within. But--the observations--what you can add to the mix. So many angry people on the left are accusatory and condemnatory about everything they do not agree with. Makes no sense--produces nothing. Solves--nothing. It happens on the right as well, but I lean in that direction because I have SEEN and been a part of how all the so-liberalism began (I was in college in the 60's as well) and what pathways it has led the country down. I think--it is not pretty. Most on the left are Quixotic--fighting windmills--which too many times--don't even exist.

Think you can MAKE someone "like" you or "agree" with you by ranting in a crowd marching down the street? I mean--how stupid is that?

It did take some effort to entice you out of the one-liner world of snide remarks. Am I snide as well?--well, if provoked I do return in kind. The observant have noticed this, the neophytes still won't. Might have to do with being on SAC bases for a few years. Returning "in kind"--is quite important there.

From what you say--you sound like a good woman. I don't say that often. I did find out what I wanted to know because you are bright enough to close the cuckoo's door (which we ALL have on our foreheads) and share some real wisdom with the folks here.

So many forums can never do this.
I commend you and thank you.

Life's experiences changed me from a Democrat to a Republican. The Democratic party today is not my father's Democrat party. I have seen what liberalism has done to my state. The decay in the inner cities, the destruction of the family, the out of control unwed births in the minority communities, the money we throw at failing schools which only produces more drop-outs and criminals. The war on Christianity and respect for life. This is a national disaster that no one wants to address. We've all been watching the "fight" tapes posted on youtube, the bullying and the bands of kids stealing and shoplifting. I blame all of this on liberalism and the disrespect a large section of our youth has for traditional values.

Werbung:
Life's experiences changed me from a Democrat to a Republican. The Democratic party today is not my father's Democrat party. I have seen what liberalism has done to my state. The decay in the inner cities, the destruction of the family, the out of control unwed births in the minority communities, the money we throw at failing schools which only produces more drop-outs and criminals. The war on Christianity and respect for life. This is a national disaster that no one wants to address. We've all been watching the "fight" tapes posted on youtube, the bullying and the bands of kids stealing and shoplifting. I blame all of this on liberalism and the disrespect a large section of our youth has for traditional values.

I agree with every word--every single word.

A concise and accurate panopticon of what has happened to the Traitor Party--once known as Dixiecrats, then democrats. They were the fathers of segregation and bigotry--their most famous senator was the Exalted Cyclops in the KKK--Robert Byrd.
What more proof does anyone need?
Study history folks.

Back