Islamic Denial

Sick and disgusting.

But, some American liberals believe there is no difference between Islam and Christianity. And, they fail to recognize the outrageous and evil intolerance in the Muslim world, while at the same time condemning Christianity.

God help us.

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Leviticus 21:9 "And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire."

Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

So are you mad they follow the book closer then you?

Once again, you prove me right. You are so easy!

Gipper, Pocket made a compelling case that proved you wrong. Your last quip makes no sense. Please explain you point more clearly.

Werbung:
Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Leviticus 21:9 "And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire."

Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

so are you mad they follow the book closer then you?

You need to look a little deeper..those laws were because of the hardness of their hearts..it was never gods law..that was Christ answer to a question they ask trying to trick him..kinda the same methods liberals use..

just sayin
doug

so are you mad they follow the book closer then you?

He who is with out sin cast the first stone..I am sure you know that one..keep reading that same verse..

It does not matter what the Book says. What matters are the actions taken by Christians.

Please list the incidents where Christians have taken murderous actions and claimed the Bible told them to do it in the past 10 years.

Please also list the incidents where Jesus Christ advised his followers to punish or murder those who failed to follow the laws of the Bible and the Ten Commandments.

Just as the US feels the death penalty is appropriate for serious criminals, so too should we respect the culture of other countries. As offensive as it may sound to anyone of us, it is none of our business how the judicial system of other countries function.

Clearly there was a time in the past when harsh punishment for adultery was much more common in the Christian/ Jewish religion. I am guessing the logic is that giving birth to a bastard child could destroy an entire family and create a deadly feud between families within a tribe or village.

Whatever the logic or religious dogma, I sure don't want anybody from Bangladesh criticizing the Christian legislators who set the death penalty as punishment for severe crimes in the US.

Just as the US feels the death penalty is appropriate for serious criminals, so too should we respect the culture of other countries. As offensive as it may sound to anyone of us, it is none of our business how the judicial system of other countries function.

Clearly there was a time in the past when harsh punishment for adultery was much more common in the Christian/ Jewish religion. I am guessing the logic is that giving birth to a bastard child could destroy an entire family and create a deadly feud between families within a tribe or village.

Whatever the logic or religious dogma, I sure don't want anybody from Bangladesh criticizing the Christian legislators who set the death penalty as punishment for severe crimes in the US.

Hobo you are twisting the thread.

We are debating Pockets silly belief that no difference exists between Islam and Christianity. He is NOT unlike most hardcore lefties with this absurd and ignorant belief.

He has yet to make ONE valid point proving his belief. In fact, anyone paying attention to world events AND not infected with multiculturalism and political correctness, knows this is total BS.

It is also ANOTHER PROOF of liberal delusions.

And American leaders DO need to speak out against these atrocities committed in the name of Islam.

Hobo you are twisting the thread.

We are debating Pockets silly belief that no difference exists between Islam and Christianity. He is NOT unlike most hardcore lefties with this absurd and ignorant belief.

He has yet to make ONE valid point proving his belief. In fact, anyone paying attention to world events AND not infected with multiculturalism and political correctness, knows this is total BS.

It is also ANOTHER PROOF of liberal delusions.

And American leaders DO need to speak out against these atrocities committed in the name of Islam.

Ok, let me clarify my thoughts. Your initial post said Obama refuses to see the truth about Islam. I don't know what Obama sees, but he clearly does not take every opportunity to slam Muslims. In this case a lone Muslim gunman from Kosovo shots and kills two U.S Air Force men in Germany.

After bombing the place in the late 1980's, the US has been helping Kosovo become an independent country from Serbia. Suddenly you get one man who thinks he is an al-Qaeda army of one, yelling Allahu akbar (God is great), trys to be a hero.

Now I really don't like the religion of Islam. I have lived in Muslim countries and talked to the people about their religion. Most are mesmerized by the chanting and dogmatically follow the rituals of praying 5 times a day, etc. But they do not understand or question any of the core beliefs of the religion. There is no core organization to the religion where ideas and interpretations are discussed and distributed to the entire Muslim community (such as found in the Catholic Church). Individual ideas are generated and preached by every ignorant and uninformed prayer leader in a Mosque.

It makes sense to criticize the actions of the Taliban or al-Qaeda - they are organizations with a common purpose. But to criticize all Muslims for the actions of one stray individual is not logical. Remember, the US has had some of its own home-grown Muslim nut-cases. I suppose to some degree Islam is a religion which enables and provides justification someone to commit violence. That subject could be the subject of an interesting debate.

But for anyone to take this incident as an opportunity to slam Muslims is just a cheap shot. It is like labeling our foray into Libya just another "American Crusade", implying an impulsive Christian war against a Muslim country. There is nothing to be gained by Obama stirring the "I hate Muslims" pot. That pot is already boiling.

If their is anything that politicians like Obama and McCain don't understand it is there is no good reason to sacrifice the life of one American soldier or spend one American dollar by interfering in the internal affairs of a Muslim country engaged in a civil war. They are no threat to the US and frankly none of our business.

I will agree that Obama is way over his head trying to function as President of the United States. He has demonstrated complete ignorance in foreign policy, healthy care, capitalism and energy policy. But in this one case in Germany, thanks to his ignorance he did the right thing by not jumping up and saying "Islam is the religion of Satan."

Ok, let me clarify my thoughts. Your initial post said Obama refuses to see the truth about Islam. I don't know what Obama sees, but he clearly does not take every opportunity to slam Muslims. In this case a lone Muslim gunman from Kosovo shots and kills two U.S Air Force men in Germany.

After bombing the place in the late 1980's, the US has been helping Kosovo become an independent country from Serbia. Suddenly you get one man who thinks he is an al-Qaeda army of one, yelling Allahu akbar (God is great), trys to be a hero.

Now I really don't like the religion of Islam. I have lived in Muslim countries and talked to the people about their religion. Most are mesmerized by the chanting and dogmatically follow the rituals of praying 5 times a day, etc. But they do not understand or question any of the core beliefs of the religion. There is no core organization to the religion where ideas and interpretations are discussed and distributed to the entire Muslim community (such as found in the Catholic Church). Individual ideas are generated and preached by every ignorant and uninformed prayer leader in a Mosque.

It makes sense to criticize the actions of the Taliban or al-Qaeda - they are organizations with a common purpose. But to criticize all Muslims for the actions of one stray individual is not logical. Remember, the US has had some of its own home-grown Muslim nut-cases. I suppose to some degree Islam is a religion which enables and provides justification someone to commit violence. That subject could be the subject of an interesting debate.

But for anyone to take this incident as an opportunity to slam Muslims is just a cheap shot. It is like labeling our foray into Libya just another "American Crusade", implying an impulsive Christian war against a Muslim country. There is nothing to be gained by Obama stirring the "I hate Muslims" pot. That pot is already boiling.

If their is anything that politicians like Obama and McCain don't understand it is there is no good reason to sacrifice the life of one American soldier or spend one American dollar by interfering in the internal affairs of a Muslim country engaged in a civil war. They are no threat to the US and frankly none of our business.

I will agree that Obama is way over his head trying to function as President of the United States. He has demonstrated complete ignorance in foreign policy, healthy care, capitalism and energy policy. But in this one case in Germany, thanks to his ignorance he did the right thing by not jumping up and saying "Islam is the religion of Satan."

No one is blaming ALL Muslims for the acts of Islamists. Do not get all twisted up in political correctness and multiculturalism like liberals ALWAYS do. .

I contested silly Pockets belief that Christianity is no different than Islam. This is a foolish and unfounded belief, but it is one held by many on the Left.

Pockets I am still waiting for your list of Christian murders. Come on dude....show us all how intelligent you are.

Here is a list of atroscities commited in the name of Islam in JUST THE PAST TWO MONTHS...maybe this can help you with your list of Christian murders.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks

Anybody seen Pockets???....

Afghans angry over the burning of a Quran at a small Florida church stormed a U.N. compound in northern Afghanistan on Friday, killing seven foreigners, including four Nepalese guards. Afghan authorities suspect insurgents melded into the mob and they announced the arrest of more than 20 people, including a militant they suspect was the ringleader of the assault in Mazar-i-Sharif, the provincial capital of Balkh province. The suspect was an insurgent from Kapisa province, a hotbed of militancy about 250 miles (400 kilometers) southeast of the city, said Rawof Taj, deputy provincial police chief.

The topic of Quran burning stirred outrage among millions of Muslims and others worldwide after the Rev. Terry Jones' small church, Dove Outreach Center, threatened to destroy a copy of the holy book last year. The pastor backed down but the church in Gainesville, Florida, went through with the burning last month.

Four protesters also died in the violence in Mazar-i-Sharif, which is on a list of the first seven areas of the country where Afghan security forces are slated to take over from the U.S.-led coalition starting in July. Other demonstrations, which were peaceful, were held in Kabul and Herat in western Afghanistan, fueling resentment against the West at a critical moment in the Afghan war.

Protesters burned a U.S. flag at a sports stadium in Herat and chanted "Death to the U.S." and "They broke the heart of Islam."

Perhaps Pockets would like to explain the "similarities" between burning a book and killing humans, as well as sharing his vast knowledge about the CULTURAL mentality of Middle Eastern tribes who still live and think as they did 2000 years ago. I guess he thinks that they are just a small faction of the entire Middle Eastern population.

Of course if he would like to take a little jaunt to Afghanistan/Syria/Yemen to spread "cumbaya" to those poor everday people who are being disrespected and are not card carrying "insurgents", and believe everything they hear from their tribal leaders about the "great Satan America", I'd seriously think about paying for the trip....

While he's in the Middle East, he might convince the Shia and the Sunni to "do lunch"...with him.

Pockets can cherry pick the Bible all he wants, but he doesn't have a clue about the true differences, despite the allegation that he "went out on a date with a Muslim once".

No one is blaming ALL Muslims for the acts of Islamists. Do not get all twisted up in political correctness and multiculturalism like liberals ALWAYS do. .

I contested silly Pockets belief that Christianity is no different than Islam. This is a foolish and unfounded belief, but it is one held by many on the Left.

Anybody seen Pockets???....[/B]

Ok, I see your point. It is just hard for me to believe that anyone could possibly think that Christianity is no different than Islam. You would have to be living under a rock for the past 10 years to not see that Islam is very different than Christianity. Perhaps more importantly, the social culture of Muslim countries is very different than the social culture of Christian countries.

I interpreted Pocket's post to suggest that theoretically, the Old Testament has a lot of concepts that are similar to Islamic concepts. In the 21st century, Christians tend to conveniently overlook a lot of the statements made in the Old Testament.

I thought Pocket was pointing out that hypocrisy by present day Christians. After all, it seems absurd for any culture in the world to believe that adultery should be punishable by death. He sarcastically remarked, "So are you mad they follow the book closer then you?". But technically he is right. Both religions claim to believe in the Old Testament (which Muslims call the Book of Moses).

I must say, in my own defense, that I would much rather debate specific ideas and specific circumstances. You seem to insist that everyone falls into a "Liberal" category or a "Conservative" category, where each group holds the same packet of beliefs - with no middle ground. To me that only makes the discussion more complex, and argumentative. I may hold many Conservative beliefs, but not all. But no one is gaining any ground if they say, "All you Conservatives have the same screwy ideas". That's picking a fight, not settling an issue.

Ok, I see your point. It is just hard for me to believe that anyone could possibly think that Christianity is no different than Islam. You would have to be living under a rock for the past 10 years to not see that Islam is very different than Christianity. Perhaps more importantly, the social culture of Muslim countries is very different than the social culture of Christian countries.

I interpreted Pocket's post to suggest that theoretically, the Old Testament has a lot of concepts that are similar to Islamic concepts. In the 21st century, Christians tend to conveniently overlook a lot of the statements made in the Old Testament.

I thought Pocket was pointing out that hypocrisy by present day Christians. After all, it seems absurd for any culture in the world to believe that adultery should be punishable by death. He sarcastically remarked, "So are you mad they follow the book closer then you?". But technically he is right. Both religions claim to believe in the Old Testament (which Muslims call the Book of Moses).

I must say, in my own defense, that I would much rather debate specific ideas and specific circumstances. You seem to insist that everyone falls into a "Liberal" category or a "Conservative" category, where each group holds the same packet of beliefs - with no middle ground. To me that only makes the discussion more complex, and argumentative. I may hold many Conservative beliefs, but not all. But no one is gaining any ground if they say, "All you Conservatives have the same screwy ideas". That's picking a fight, not settling an issue.

You better come to realize that many on the Left truly believe there is no difference between Christianity and Islam. This is another example of how delusional they are. And again, how does one debate someone who is delusional? I think it impossible.

And, you continue to make assumptions about me. I do not "insist that everyone falls into a Liberal category or a Conservative category"....if someone holds mostly liberal beliefs, they are logically a liberal. Yes, some liberals do hold a few conservative beliefs, but overall they usually are overwhelmingly liberal. These people I call liberals. Is it now an insult to call a liberal...a liberal?

I wonder could liberals who get insulted by being called what they are, just a bunch of phonies? I have much more respect for a liberal who admits he/she is a liberal.

It does not matter what the Book says. What matters are the actions taken by Christians.

Please list the incidents where Christians have taken murderous actions and claimed the Bible told them to do it in the past 10 years.

Please also list the incidents where Jesus Christ advised his followers to punish or murder those who failed to follow the laws of the Bible and the Ten Commandments.

Pockets, I am waiting patiently for your list. Please post it ASAP.

Joe Klein Reserves Spot in Hell for Koran-burning Pastor Who's As 'Murderous' As 'Suicide Bombers'
By Ken Shepherd | April 04, 2011 | 18:09

Burning a copy of the Koran is morally equivalent to flying a plane into the World Trade Center and equally eternally damnable.

That's essentially the fatwa of Time magazine's Joe Klein in an April 1 blog post at the magazine's Swampland blog.

Klein was condemning Florida pastor Terry Jones's "trial" and subsequent burning of a Koran which allegedly have sparked a murderous rampage against UN workers in Afghanistan last week:

[T]here should be no confusion about this: Jones's act was murderous as any suicide bomber's. If there is a hell, he's just guaranteed himself an afterlifetime membership.
One has to wonder if Klein would say the same thing about a taxpayer-funded artist who photographed a crucifix soaked in a jar of urine or portrayed the Virgin Mary in elephant dung.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-sh...-spot-hell-koran-burning-pastor#ixzz1IfaYoJSy

Well Pockets you are in good company with the idiot Joe Klein.

Again, I ask you thinking people, how the hell are we to find common ground with these crazy leftists?

At least 11 dead in massacre at Rio de Janeiro school
Roselane de Oliveira, a sister of the attacker, told Rio de Janeiro radio station Band News that the young man "was very strange."
"He had no friends, and he spent all his time on the Internet," she said.
In recent months, she said, he appeared to have got closer to Islam.
http://http://www.ecollegetimes.com/student-life/at-least-11-dead-in-massacre-at-rio-de-janeiro-school-1.2535498

The religion of peace strikes again. Oh but, Christians do the same thing right? :rolleyes:

Come on Pockets, we are still waiting for you to cite all the cold blooded murders committed daily in the name of Jesus. When will you admit to being WRONG?

Werbung:
If we should respect the Quran because not doing so causes Muslims to get angry and kill, then here are the other things we should stop doing:
Educating women. Selling alcohol. Pre-marital sex. Sharing a
non-Muslim religious faith. Democracy. Disaster relief. Sporting
events. Allowing women to dress as they please. Being gay. Being Hindu. Being Christian. Being Jewish. Being Buddhist. Being Sikh. Being Ahmadi. Being Sufi. Going to the wrong mosque...

Islam's Latest Contributions to Peace
"Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless
to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

2011.04.08 (Srinagar, India) - A moderate cleric is assassinated by Sunni hardliners at his mosque.
2011.04.08 (Bogoro, Nigeria) - Muslims armed with machetes attack a Christian village and burn at least ten people to death, including several who were elderly.
2011.04.08 (Shani, Nigeria) - Four election workers are ambushed and killed by Boko Haram militants.
2011.04.08 (Sari Pul, Afghanistan) - Religious extremists machine-gun the local police chief to death.
2011.04.07 (al-Rida, Iraq) - A sectarian blast near a mosque takes down two civilians.
2011.04.07 (Garowe, Somalia) - A peace activist is shot to death by al-Qaeda linked militants.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

And yet, some Americans still do not see the threat...or believe all religions do the same thing, or are too infected with multiculturalism and political correctness to accept the truth.

Back