Media Bias

Werbung:
That's not true according to the source you just cited above:

"Even among Fox 's core audience of conservatives, CNN has an edge in total viewership. A study by the ad agency Carat USA (Hollywood Reporter , 8/13/03) found that 37 percent of viewers calling themselves "very conservative" watch CNN in the course of a week, while only 32 percent tune to Fox"

You should probably consider reading the article before pasting it into a discussion.

That actually concurs with what Im saying. I didnt say that all Conservatives watch only Fox. just the ones that dont like to hear other opinions.

This source doesn't say anything about Fox's ratings dropping. All it says is that Fox's viewers watch for longer periods of time.

I wasnt posting an article that backed that statement up. which is why I said BESIDES the Fact that FOX's ratings have been dropping..which they have.

I figured that was general knowledge. I guess its not. Here you go:

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2...-news-ratings-take-a-_e_28292.html&frame=true

Fox News' Ratings Take a Nosedive

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/CNN_MSNBC_ratings_on_rise_as_0830.html

CNN, MSNBC August ratings on rise as Fox News Channel's prime time ratings plummet

http://www.newshounds.us/2005/05/18/fox_news_in_ratings_free_fall.php

I'm no Nazi but it is funny that the Ceo and President of the two most liberal media outlets, The NY times and CBS news are both Jews.

Yes you're right it's the Jews fault!

Those darn money grubbing Jews. All they want is to hurt America and be invaded by Muslims... those stinkin' Jews. Liberal to the bone. It's all a media conspiracy to hurt the innocent religious right. Jimmy Swaggart... Jim Baker... Senator Foley... Ted Haggart all taken down not by their own promiscuous and or gay ways... it must be the Jews setting them all up in the same sneaky way that they've been slanting the coverage to negative on the occupation of Iraq. I understand now... :)

And so many wonder why there can't be peace in the world. People still blame Jews based upon stereotypes that get passed on generation by generation. But it's easier to blame someone else for problems than to actually take responsibility.

If it's true that news can be put into two categories--Fox and everything else--then when Special Report airs, everything else beats Fox by at least 30 to one.

Do you even understand what kind of comparison you are trying to make here? If you are going by a 1 to 1 comparison of news sources, Fox is pulling in numbers just as good as the others. If you have to stack the number of all other news sources in order to make the comparison unfavorable for Fox, you should think about finding different statisticians. Also, if you look back to my first post, it shows that the average American ranks about 2 points to the left of center. The average news station is far more liberal than that. Kind of puts a dent in your theory that Americans want news sources to be as liberal as they are if Americans aren't as liberal as the news sources.

No doubt there are liberals just as close minded. However, none of the so called 'liberal' media TV stations you cited are nearly as biased as FOX..if they are biased at all.

Yes they are. Did you even look at the study I posted to begin this thread?

Do you even understand what kind of comparison you are trying to make here? If you are going by a 1 to 1 comparison of news sources, Fox is pulling in numbers just as good as the others. If you have to stack the number of all other news sources in order to make the comparison unfavorable for Fox, you should think about finding different statisticians.

I have a feeling that you and I have no idea the point that the other person is making. Because you aren't making any sense.

Also, if you look back to my first post, it shows that the average American ranks about 2 points to the left of center. The average news station is far more liberal than that. Kind of puts a dent in your theory that Americans want news sources to be as liberal as they are if Americans aren't as liberal as the news sources.

The truth, is that media outlets are really only interested in making money. IN other words Ad revenue. So they tell the people what they want to hear. Wether its left or right or in the middle. The only bias is what sells. If people didn't want to hear about how bad Bush was doing and stopped tuning in to hear about it, then they'd talk about something else.

And thats the truth. You can waddle around all day screaming liberal bias, but it only goes to show you aint got a darn clue as to how things work.

They tell you what you wanna hear.

Yes they are. Did you even look at the study I posted to begin this thread?

awww jeez....left right..no its biased to your side!! no its not its biased to your side!!!

LIberal Media Biase!!!

Conservative Bias...

blah blah blah...get a grip. Jesus Christ. Yep, just me and 300 million dumb suckers.

Werbung:
Personally, I find it amazing that this thread sat dormant without a single reply until I dug it up. Now it's pile on time. Not surprised though.

I am fascinated at how the excuses are spun here. "Fox News ratings are dropping".....yet they still pummel the rest. Is there a conservative bias? Duahhh, Yeah! Is that part of the debate here? Not for me. This does not take away from the fact that most of the media has a liberal bias and still they scream at the top of their lungs at bad, bad Fox News! Again, I point to the comic I posted. Yes it is EXACTLY like that.

-Castle

Back