Michelle Obama spitting mad @ Paula Deen

Yep! Especially when she is Black, right?

[Urban Dictionary: spade
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spade
A derogatory term for an African American, more commonly used in the post-Civil War era than today.
/QUOTE]

I would like to believe that you are not racist, in spite of your "loathing" for both Michelle and Barrack Obama, but then I would have to believe you're not too smart!

Avery unfortunate comment, at the least!

Oh my gosh are you serious?

go back to some of my old posts, it’s something I have said before and about people of all colors myself included. It’s a figure of speech

I have actually call myself a spade in my own posts when I found myself being hypocritical

It is actually kind of funny for a person who just called Herman Cain an uncle tom in another thread to be calling me a racist for using a figure of speech I have used on my own self.

I call a spade a spade even when I am the spade. But in this post transaction you happen to be the spade regardless of your skin color :)

Werbung:
Yep! Especially when she is Black, right?

Oh my gosh are you serious?

go back to some of my old posts, it’s something I have said before and about people of all colors myself included. It’s a figure of speech

I have actually call myself a spade in my own posts when I found myself being hypocritical s

I call a spade a spade even when I am the spade. But in this post transaction you happen to be the spade regardless of your skin color :)

then, if you are insensitivve enough or clueless enough to make that kind of remark about a Black woman. Who you have been attacking mercilessly throughout this thread, and others, and previous thread, I just feel sorry for you!

I apologize for gi ving you credit for being smarter.

It won't happen again!

then, if you are insensitivve enough or clueless enough to make that kind of remark about a Black woman. Who you have been attacking mercilessly throughout this thread, and others, and previous thread, I just feel sorry for you!

It won't happen again!

Its an old expression Open... very old certainly predating PC foolishness. And totally appropriate as used.

To "call a spade a spade" is to speak honestly and directly about a topic, specifically topics that others may avoid speaking about due to their sensitivity or embarrassing nature. Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase and Fable (1913) defines it as
“ To be outspoken, blunt, even to the point of rudeness; to call things by their proper names without any "beating about the bush". ” Its ultimate source is Plutarch's Apophthegmata Laconica (178B) which has την σκαφην σκαφην λεγοντας (ten skafen skafen legontas). σκαφη (skafe) means "basin, trough", but Erasmus mis-translated it (as if from σπάθη spáthe) as ligo "shovel" in his Apophthegmatum opus. Lucian De Hist. Conscr. (41) has τα συκα συκα, την σκαφην δε σκαφην ονομασων (ta suka suka, ten skafen de skafen onomason) "calling a fig a fig, and a trough a trough".
The phrase was introduced to English in 1542 in Nicolas Udall's translation of Erasmus, Apophthegmes, that is to saie, prompte saiynges. First gathered by Erasmus:
Philippus aunswered, that the Macedonians wer feloes of no fyne witte in their termes but altogether grosse, clubbyshe, and rusticall, as they whiche had not the witte to calle a spade by any other name then a spade. It is evident that the word spade refers to the instrument used to move earth, a very common tool. The same word was used in England and in Holland, Erasmus' country of origin.

Its an old expression Open... very old certainly predating PC foolishness. And totally appropriate as used.

I know it is an old expression. I also know that some people's loathing for Black people, and our President and his wife in partixular knows no rational limit.

Calling a woman (any woman) an hypocrite because she knows and promotes (for the good of all children in a nation were childhood obesity is rampant) healthier eating for all, but for children in particular IS HYPOCRITICAL!

Michelle Obama understands that "splurging" at times is a normal part of life and it is ridiculous enough AND hypocritical, to criticize for that, as I bet ALL WOMAN, except maybe those with an eating disorder, will overeat at times.

If you compare Michelle Obama's aazing shape, even just her arms, and Paula Deans. . . . this is the best motivation for any kid to listen to the First Lady, rather than to an oveweight, not too smart, Southern "belle!"

stupidity and meanness is rampant!

I know it is an old expression. I also know that some people's loathing for Black people, and our President and his wife in partixular knows no rational limit.

Calling a woman (any woman) an hypocrite because she knows and promotes (for the good of all children in a nation were childhood obesity is rampant) healthier eating for all, but for children in particular IS HYPOCRITICAL!

Michelle Obama understands that "splurging" at times is a normal part of life and it is ridiculous enough AND hypocritical, to criticize for that, as I bet ALL WOMAN, except maybe those with an eating disorder, will overeat at times.

If you compare Michelle Obama's aazing shape, even just her arms, and Paula Deans. . . . this is the best motivation for any kid to listen to the First Lady, rather than to an oveweight, not too smart, Southern "belle!"

stupidity and meanness is rampant!

Paula makes no claim to be making healthy food. The network has others who take that road. The BEST motivation is Mom and Dad who have control of the matter.

Paula makes no claim to be making healthy food. The network has others who take that road. The BEST motivation is Mom and Dad who have control of the matter.

Paula is a conceded *****.

Nd I agree that the parents SHOULD motivate theirkids to eat a healthy diet. It is obviously not happening, butour First Lady did make a dentin INFORMATION directly to the kids by her influence, her vegetable garden at the White House,and the impact on children TV program characters.

If youthink that her efforts are "evil," . . . It just means that youare blinded by your partisan politics.

Paula is a conceded *****.

Nd I agree that the parents SHOULD motivate theirkids to eat a healthy diet. It is obviously not happening, butour First Lady did make a dentin INFORMATION directly to the kids by her influence, her vegetable garden at the White House,and the impact on children TV program characters.

If youthink that her efforts are "evil," . . . It just means that youare blinded by your partisan politics.

She would be more effective taking her message to the parents who put the food before the children. They are not evil, just poorly conceived.

Was Paula actually there at her restaurant ? How is it that you know she is a female dog ?

She would be more effective taking her message to the parents who put the food before the children. They are not evil, just poorly conceived.

Was Paula actually there at her restaurant ? How is it that you know she is a female dog ?

The smell? ;):)

And, yes, in one occasion she happened to be there. . .at lunch time.

Wouldn't you say that, if parents care enough to be concerned about what their kids eat, they would also care enough to know what their kids watch on TV, and follow up on the many special days and many special programs that Michelle Obama put in place to motivate kids to learn about healthy food?

If she had tried to focus her efforts on the parents, you better believe that the Republicans would have felt she was being "arrogant and conceded" to believe she needed or could teach parents what to feed their kids. ..

The "indirect" way often works best. . .except, of course, when you face a rabbid crowd that will take ANYTHING you say or do in the most negative way possible!

By the way. . .did you even NOTICE the "source" of your OP?

Since when does the "Enquirer" serve as a reliable source?

And . . .especially when the person who is attacking Michelle Obama is "trying to sell her new book!"

While plugging her new book, “Paula Deen’s Southern Cooking Bible,” the feisty TV chef took a pot shot at Michelle for gorging herself on greasy french fries, fatty hot chicken wings and sug*ary deep-fried Snickers bars!

“Michelle’s spitting mad,” a source told The ENQUIRER.

The smell? ;):)

And, yes, in one occasion she happened to be there. . .at lunch time.

and what did she do that was so offensive ?
actually why would you go more than once if you did not care for the food ?

[qute]Wouldn't you say that, if parents care enough to be concerned about what their kids eat, they would also care enough to know what their kids watch on TV, and follow up on the many special days and many special programs that Michelle Obama put in place to motivate kids to learn about healthy food?[/quote]

tv certainly. the rest, no. best to consult someone believable if you don't know how to eat healthy. the pediatrician for example.

If she had tried to focus her efforts on the parents, you better believe that the Republicans would have felt she was being "arrogant and conceded" to believe she needed or could teach parents what to feed their kids. ..

The "indirect" way often works best. . .except, of course, when you face a rabbid crowd that will take ANYTHING you say or do in the most negative way possible!

Schartzenegger made sense as a spokesman for healthy living as he lived it his whole life. Michelle should have picked something believable to pursue as opposed to something the focus group picked.

By the way. . .did you even NOTICE the "source" of your OP?

Since when does the "Enquirer" serve as a reliable source?

And . . .especially when the person who is attacking Michelle Obama is "trying to sell her new book!"

Yes, doesn't make it less what was written. Did you see Men In Black ? They are the best investigative journalists working (a sad commentary of the state of the craft today) :).

Ypu'll never believe it but I think she was trying to be nice saying she was "just like us" as opposed to the elitist she is painted to be.

dogtowner said:
She has repeatedly been shown to be a high cal eater at least at times. As Paula rightly points out, shes no different than th4e rest of us. Which of us have not gotten into the aptly named comfort food at one time or another ? Face it, Paula makes some damn good food !

I don't care much for the National Enquirer, but I will assume all of this is true for a moment...

So what? She eats like 80% of the country does..I don't see the problem with that. Her real issue here is simply trying to get kids to at least think about eating healthy. And let's face it, we could probably all stand to eat a few more vegetables.

I don't see why this is a big deal really.

It won't happen again!

It is not always about race you know.

and what did she do that was so offensive ?
actually why would you go more than once if you did not care for the food ?

[qute]Wouldn't you say that, if parents care enough to be concerned about what their kids eat, they would also care enough to know what their kids watch on TV, and follow up on the many special days and many special programs that Michelle Obama put in place to motivate kids to learn about healthy food?

tv certainly. the rest, no. best to consult someone believable if you don't know how to eat healthy. the pediatrician for example.

Yes, dear. . .it's so easy for families who don't have health coverage to just go see a pediatrician for nutrition advice! That's why everyone in the ghettos does it, right? Do you ever think before you speak?

Schartzenegger made sense as a spokesman for healthy living as he lived it his whole life. Michelle should have picked something believable to pursue as opposed to something the focus group picked.

Oh, yes! That would have been wonderful! Just take a few handfull of ultra vitamins, and a few steroids shots every months. . .and I'm sure today's young people would be just as "healthy" as Schwartzenegger! DUH! Michelle, who probably have struggled all her adult life with her weight, AND is keeping extremely fit in spite of it (did you ever look at her arms?) is the perfect example of what healthy eating can do to help keep in shape! She is not barbie. . .so what. . .did you ever see what barbie would look like if she was a real person? Or do you think that we want all our teenage girls to thrive to look like the emaciated Ann Coulter, or one of those models that starve themselves?

Yes, doesn't make it less what was written. Did you see Men In Black ? They are the best investigative journalists working (a sad commentary of the state of the craft today) :).

Even what "was written" was not directly from "the horse's mouth!" It was stated that it came "from a (undisclosed) source who told the Inquirer!" Even the Enquirer didn't want to go so far as to take full responsibility for this crap!

Ypu'll never believe it but I think she was trying to be nice saying she was "just like us" as opposed to the elitist she is painted to be.
[/QUOTE]

I am not even that concerned about the ridiculous statement made by that silly old woman, Paula Dean! She was just trying to sell her latest book, and we all know that any publicity is good publicity. . . and beating up Michelle Obama is "believed" to please every fat white woman in the South!

What really made me angry is the meanness of someone who "suddenly" changes her opinion of one person because that person makes stupid, mean "allegations" about another person, especially when that "other person" deserves our respect, as a mother, as an intelligent, charismatic woman, as a leader trying to help our children (and adults) with the rampant problem of obesity, and as our First Lady."

What really made me angry is the meanness of someone who "suddenly" changes her opinion of one person because that person makes stupid, mean "allegations" about another person, especially when that "other person" deserves our respect, as a mother, as an intelligent, charismatic woman, as a leader trying to help our children (and adults) with the rampant problem of obesity, and as our First Lady."

Sorry that you got angry but you are angry about the wrong thing. I did not "suddenly" like her because she was "mean" I liked that she stood up to the machine that is the obama's It will end up hurting her probably but I like it when people call others out on their hypocrtical ways. But I do understand why you would not like that, I wouldn't like it if I were you either.

Werbung:
Apparently the story is not exactly as reported by the Enquirer...

See this...
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/paula_deen_responds_obama_her_reported_qytMVHp0FwGDGXRwDBX7GM

But, everyone knows Mrs. O is a hypocrite regarding food. She eats the fatty foods all the time, but tells us peons to eat healthy. Of course, she can use the WH gym and get top notch exercise coach to support her.

Even the hard left CBS News reports on Mrs. O's love of fatty foods...HYPOCRITE!!!

Michelle is known for her "fashion-forward" style, but when it comes to her style of eating -- Michelle likes -- good ole' comfort food.

Solorzano asked close friend and family confidante Valerie Jarrett to give the inside scoop -- beginning with Michelle's favorite food.

Turns out it's -- French fries!

"Whenever we're on the road and we've had a long day," Jarrett say, "we're looking for a way to have French fries and, if we've been really good, then we get to have a cheeseburger to go along with our French fries!"

How does Michelle stay in shape?

She burns off the junk food by being an exercise junkie, recently admitting to Ebony magazine that she used to wake up at 4:30 a.m. to work out. These days, she gets a good workout running with daughters Sasha and Malia.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/08/25/earlyshow/main4379616.shtml

Back