Obama wants to legitimize the 20 million illegal aliens - do you agree?

Since when were you talking about granting citizenship, eh? This discussion has been about illegal immigration. My position is that it should be curtailed, and that to leave the border unsecured is to jeopardize the sovereignty of the United States.

You hit the nail right on the head - Numinus' head. :D Anyone who lives in the southwest, as I do, knows that in hundreds of little ways, that part of the country is becoming de facto Mexico, because of the abandonment of the control of our border.

Werbung:
Yaaaaaaaa - like Plymouth Plantation was founded because of "market forces". :D Someone give this clown pages 1 - 10 of an american history book.

Of course it was. Below are some paragraphs from Wiki that you can all find easily. They clearly show that the pressures in England that caused the group to want to move were market forces. It is clearly shown that the method of their trip was influenced by market forces. It is clearly shown that the financing and governance of the group in the new world was driven by - market forces. Underlines and parenthesis added.

"Plymouth Colony (sometimes New Plymouth or The Old Colony) was an English colonial venture in North America from 1620 until 1691.

Plymouth Colony was founded by a group of people who later came to be known as the "Pilgrims". The core group—roughly 40% of the adults and 56% of the family groupings[1]—was part of a congregation of religious separatists (a political movement driven by market forces) led by pastor John Robinson, church elder William Brewster, and William Bradford. While still in the town of Scrooby in Nottinghamshire, England, the congregation began to feel the pressures of religious persecution (market forces). During the Hampton Court Conference, King James I had declared the Puritans and Protestant Separatists to be undesirable (market forces) and, in 1607 the Bishop of York raided homes (market forces) and imprisoned several members of the congregation.[2][3] The congregation thus left England and emigrated to the Netherlands, first to Amsterdam and then to Leiden, in 1609.[4]

[In England] The Separatists had long been controversial. Under the 1559 Act of Uniformity, it was illegal not to attend official Church of England services, with a fine of 12d (£.05; 2005 equivalent: about £5)[3] for each missed Sunday and holy day (market forces). The penalties for conducting unofficial services included imprisonment and larger fines. (market forces)

The Separatists met in secret, fearing persecution (market forces)for their beliefs. In 1607, many of the group decided to move to the Netherlands, a country that was far more accepting of unorthodox religious beliefs. But, twelve years later, the economic situation of the group, who had settled in Leyden, was bleak. (market forces) The decision was made to move on.

In June 1619, the Pilgrims obtained a land patent from the London Virginia Company, (a market force) allowing them to settle at the mouth of the Hudson River. They then sought financing through the Merchant Adventurers, a group of Puritan businessmen (a market force) who viewed colonization as a means of both spreading their religion and making a profit (market forces). Upon arriving in America, the Pilgrims began working to repay their debts.[6] (market forces)

Using the financing secured from the Merchant Adventurers, the Pilgrims bought provisions and obtained passage on two ships, the Mayflower and the Speedwell. Though they had intended to leave early in 1620, difficulties in dealing with the Merchant Adventurers (market forces), including several changes in plans for the voyage and in financing, resulted in a delay of several months. The Pilgrims finally boarded the Speedwell in July 1620 from the Dutch port of Delfshaven.[7]

Among the passengers to join the group in Southampton were several Pilgrims including William Brewster, who had been in hiding for the better part of a year, and a group of passengers known to the Pilgrims as "The Strangers". This group was largely made up of passengers recruited by the Merchant Adventurers to provide governance for the colony (market forces) as well as additional hands to work for the colony's ventures. Among the Strangers were Myles Standish, who would be the colony's military leader, Christopher Martin, who had been designated by the Merchant Adventurers to act as Governor for the duration of the trans-Atlantic trip, and Stephen Hopkins, a veteran of a failed colonial venture that may have been the inspiration for Shakespeare's The Tempest.[8]"

It's not right fellow democrats. That's why we need to vote for
Hillary. Consider the future of your children. Do you want a racist
president? Hillary may be many things, but so far racist isn't one of them.

Giving away precious jobs, housing and health care to illegals isn't in the country's best wishes.

Since when were you talking about granting citizenship, eh? This discussion has been about illegal immigration. My position is that it should be curtailed, and that to leave the border unsecured is to jeopardize the sovereignty of the United States. You seem to believe that "market forces" will determine how many illegal aliens come to the USA, and that the border should be left unsecured.

And, once again, you have run totally out of arguments and descended to the level of personal insult. Of course, you have also taken a position that is indefensible. Maybe if you didn't take such positions, you could find arguments to back them up.

Check.

Read the thread topic and tell me if that is not about citizenship.

You hit the nail right on the head - Numinus' head. :D Anyone who lives in the southwest, as I do, knows that in hundreds of little ways, that part of the country is becoming de facto Mexico, because of the abandonment of the control of our border.

Can I help it if you can't even understand the thread topic? How can you, if you don't even know the dictionary meaning of prejudice?

Can I help it if you can't even understand the thread topic? How can you, if you don't even know the dictionary meaning of prejudice?

The "prejudice" argument is by far the feeblest one in support of the illegal alien invasion - why don't you leave your side of the argument to people who can come up with better invalid arguments? :D

The "you hate all immigrants" argument has been a standard straw-man for the illegal-alien apologists for a long time. They really need a new straw man...that one is starting to mildew, and it has stuffing coming out at the seams.

The "prejudice" argument is by far the feeblest one in support of the illegal alien invasion - why don't you leave your side of the argument to people who can come up with better invalid arguments? :D

LOL Playing with nummyboy is fun.

Read the thread topic and tell me if that is not about citizenship.

OK, fair enough.

The thread topic is:

Obama wants to legitimize the 20 million illegal aliens - do you agree?

You're right. It is not about citizenship.

The answer to the question posed is, no, I don't agree. You apparently do, but haven't presented any arguments for your side, other than that moldy straw man that Libsmasher mentions.

OK, fair enough.

The thread topic is:

You're right. It is not about citizenship.

Eh? Legitimizing illegal aliens paves the way for citizenship.

The answer to the question posed is, no, I don't agree. You apparently do, but haven't presented any arguments for your side, other than that moldy straw man that Libsmasher mentions.

Nope. I never used that argument. Libmasher imagined me using the race card (since he doesn't know the meaning of the word prejudice). Talk about straw man, eh?

My argument is based on DE FACTO citizenship and the economic realities that make it so.

That is why I never used race as an argument to legitimize illegal aliens. Prejudice is the word I used to describe your post. Duh?

It is really such a chore to talk to you -- since you cannot even be expected to remember what the hell you were saying.

That is why I never used race as an argument to legitimize illegal aliens. Prejudice is the word I used to describe your post. Duh?

It is really such a chore to talk to you -- since you cannot even be expected to remember what the hell you were saying.

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwn.

Dictionary.com:

Prej·u·dice Pronunciation[prej-uh-dis] noun, verb, -diced, -dic·ing.

Unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, esp. of a hostile nature, regarding a racial, religious, or national group.

Eh? Legitimizing illegal aliens paves the way for citizenship.

Nope. I never used that argument. Libmasher imagined me using the race card (since he doesn't know the meaning of the word prejudice). Talk about straw man, eh?

My argument is based on DE FACTO citizenship and the economic realities that make it so.

Are you seriously trying to argue that any illegal who makes it across the border should be on a path to citizenship?:eek:

Werbung:
Numinus, perhaps it would be beneficial if, at this point, you were to summarize exactly what you think of illegal immigration.

Back