Obama wants to legitimize the 20 million illegal aliens - do you agree?

Werbung:
Are you seriously trying to argue that any illegal who makes it across the border should be on a path to citizenship?:eek:

Only if he makes it across in his mothers womb and then is born here. We do have a constitution to follow after all.

Aside from that there is a procedure that should be followed. And it begins in the other country.

Only if he makes it across in his mothers womb and then is born here. We do have a constitution to follow after all.

The constitution does not approve anchor babies. The basis for this claim is a judicial misinterpretation of the Fourteenth amendment article 1, which was only intended to establish citizenship for freed slaves.

The constitution does not approve anchor babies. The basis for this claim is a judicial misinterpretation of the Fourteenth amendment article 1, which was only intended to establish citizenship for freed slaves.

The law of unintended consequences has brought us a lot of small new citizens. It's time for a new interpretation of that amendment.

The law of unintended consequences has brought us a lot of small new citizens. It's time for a new interpretation of that amendment.

Yeah - someone should take a test case to court. That's the rub - the entities that could create the test case are all government entities. It is they who would have to refuse some interaction with the anchor baby or it's (illegal alien) guardian, on the basis that neither are citizens. But unfortunately, almost all the state governments, and certainly the federal government, are on the pro-illegal alien side, and would never do anything like that.

Time to change the Constitution...no more anchor babies.

You might be right. I am a little foggy here but, it was originally put in there to protect the status of native americans or slaves so that no one could claim they did not have a right to be here.

But I suppose it does establish when the members of a family that moves here become citizens without making every child go through naturalization.

Numinus, perhaps it would be beneficial if, at this point, you were to summarize exactly what you think of illegal immigration.

I was talking about illegal immigrants ALREADY in the country and ALREADY contributing to the economy.

They are DE FACTO citizens and there really isn't any reason why they shouldn't be given citizenship.

If so, he's not the first I've seen suggest that, frighteningly enough.

That is a big 'if', isn't it?

The fact that you are still uncertain exactly what I am talking about demonstrates the quality of your reading comprehension.

Wow thats alot of reading. The fact is they should stop funding a war in Iraq that the american people do not want and then they could use the billions of dollars on immigration reform. Wether they deport them back to mexico or legalize them with the money they save they could afford it.....oops sorry that was the voice of one of the people and we all know they do not count.

I was talking about illegal immigrants ALREADY in the country and ALREADY contributing to the economy.

Already ripping off the country, already taking americans' jobs, already committing lots of crimes, already balkanizing the country, already making a mockery of US immigration law.

They are DE FACTO citizens and there really isn't any reason why they shouldn't be given citizenship.

Saying an illegal alien is DE FACTO a citizen is like putting sh__ on a cone and calling it DE FACTO dessert. :)

That is a big 'if', isn't it?

The fact that you are still uncertain exactly what I am talking about demonstrates the quality of your reading comprehension.

Isn't it amazing just how often those whose writing is unclear accuse others of lacking reading comprehension?

Those who argue that illegal aliens living in the United States should get amnesty are forgetting history, and recent history at that. Amnesty was tried back in the '80s. What happened is a matter of record, not a matter of speculation and opinion, and it isn't anything we want to repeat.

Why should an illegal be given special considerationg for having committed an illegal act? How can anyone justify treating illegals who are here with more preferential treatment than those who simply want to come?

You just snuck into the theater, so now we'll allow you to stay. Be sure to get on your cell and tell those outside how easy it is and how there is no penalty for getting caught.

Werbung:

Fine; how do you respond to allegations that granting citizenship to already present illegals legitimatizes illegal immigration, encouraging it amongst other would-be illegal immigrants? The historical implications of the last amnesty, which increased illegal immigration from a trickle to a relative flood, seem to verify this theory.

Back