Obama's new spin on the Wright issue

Libsmasher

At long last, Obama gave a speech utterly condemning Wright and his lunacy, after his latest rants at the NAACP convention (which has I said before, obliterates any credibility that organization has left,) and the National Press Club. This is a great improvement on the equivocating, ambiguous, whitewash tapdance of Obama's first Wright speech.

However, his new mantra that that takes care of that, the issue is now well and truly gone, is bogus. The issue remains that it took Obama months to (in effect) admit an error and tell things like they are. Even worse, the question remains about his bad judgement in sitting in the pew in front of this guy for 20 years. His laughable excuse is that, well, duh, he "wasn't there" for the "bad" sermons. This is another disturbing Obama pattern - facile excuses for his screw-ups. For another example, after his arrogant condescending elitist speech about people "clinging" to their guns and religion, he tries to explain it away with his "I could have used a better choice of words" mantra.

Werbung:
His new spin is just that. A spin. I dont think he means a word of what he says.

Nothing, NOTHING the rev said in the last week was differnt than the tapes Obama had seen. He was not offended by the tapes, just made excuses for them. but now that he REPEATED the same stuff its all the sudden offending. Truth is, the only thing that offended Obama was the part where he said Obama says what he does because he is a politician, and he does what politicians do. That is the ONLY thing that was new or differnt, and the only thing he was offended about.

the part where he said he wish he had used another word like turn to instead of cling but then went on to say that he believes it just shows me that he is out of touch. People of faith do NOT turn to their religon because the government doesnt listen. people who have religous faith have it weather the government listens to them or not.

what the heck is up with all these people who think of the government as some kind of powerful fix all God!

Well Miracle of Miracles, someone is finally seeing what I have been trying to say all along. The man is not truthful (to put it nicely) he is not loyal, (finally turned on his so called friend, family member, pastor and mentor) he is totally inexperienced, became a Senator with no help (guess who all he owes) he is an elitist (has a difficult time relating to common middle class people) will NOT get along with people in Congress, has too many rich people supporting him (now what do they want?) his election will cause a bigger racial divide than we have ever seen. Wrong Man, Wrong Time. The country couldn't be in worse shape than it is now. I do not see him as being able to do anything but cause more trouble. What in the sam H--- are people thinking or they are not thinking. If he wins Indiana and N.C. you may just have another Republican President for at least four more years. Hope Mc Cain picks a good young running mate.

It now appears that OBama is just a typical politician.
I think it is interesting that the main stream media is finally starting to take a detailed look at OBama as a person and his various connections to certain individuals that were instrumental to his rise to political prominence. I wonder what else is waiting to be discovered?
Personally I find OBama's association with Marxism via 'Black Liberation Theology' (A theology that God is the Saviour of all oppressed peoples and that had it's roots in the socio-political conflict between the Sandanistia's and the Contra's in South America), fascinating yet disturbing in that he was 'around it' for 20years and implies, through his denial of reverend Wright's sermons, that he knew nothing about that also.
Could 'we the people' be looking at our first Marxist President of the United States?

Its a prudent choice in a no win situation for the next President and a good learning experience. Sometimes those who we consider friends, but yet disagree with does not make them no longer friends. Until that is they go out of thier way to hurt them.
Which Wright did. I really like Obama and cant wait until he is sworn in. But he was making it increasingly difficult to defend on this issue.
Lib had me backed into a corner over Wright. ;)

Its a prudent choice in a no win situation for the next President and a good learning experience. Sometimes those who we consider friends, but yet disagree with does not make them no longer friends. Until that is they go out of thier way to hurt them.
Which Wright did. I really like Obama and cant wait until he is sworn in. But he was making it increasingly difficult to defend on this issue.
Lib had me backed into a corner over Wright. ;)

Uh, you still don't get it. Obama's equivocal attitude toward his racist america-hating pastor has now gone away. What HASN'T gone away is evidence about what is at best Obama's bad judgement, or at worst the possibility of him having anti-white attitudes, for listening to Wright for 20 years.

Uh, you still don't get it. Obama's equivocal attitude toward his racist america-hating pastor has now gone away. What HASN'T gone away is evidence about what is at best Obama's bad judgement, or at worst the possibility of him having anti-white attitudes, for listening to Wright for 20 years.

It truly is "Silly Season".

The fact is we all have co-workers, family, or friends that have some views that are just totally out of line with our own.

Barack Obama is a uniter. Even Republicans... White Republicans... :) that served with Senator Obama in the Illinois State Senate attest to that... even attest to it in TV ads.

I know EXACTLY where Senator Obama is coming from and I'll tell you how. I have a lot of biker friends. Friends like family to me that I've rode around with for close to 30 years. Some of these friends could be called somewhat racist in their views of people different then themselves.

I developed in a different direction. I got into coaching. Coached Boys Football. Coached Girls AAU Traveling Team Basketball. I have make friendships with Black Coaches and Black young men & women that are every bit as strong as my old biker buddies.

I didn't throw away my old friends and it didn't stop me from creating new friends. I'm in the middle. Both are my friends. They treat each other respectfully when I'm present because it's not what they think... It's what I think. I see that it works or the side that doesn't want it to work is free to leave.

I take pride in the fact that over the years my position has actually helped. People that at one time wouldn't even be seen in the same room together talk & even joke. It's a good thing and it's the people that are willing to be the bridge that make it happen.

We've had over 7 years of a just plain ignorant & arrogant administration. Our country is just at the very beginning of it's suffering over what this leadership has set us up for. If we are lucky enough to get a President Obama we will see the difference intelligence, self research and a calm steady hand can do to improve our situation. It won't be easy... we're worse off than we even yet know.

Excellent post top gun. You see people like lib, are attack machines and repeatedly hammer away on something that most of us generally consider a non-issue or at least a past issue. I would say the same of candidates I dont support. Senator Obama's judgement is just fine in my book, and judgement(especially judging someone else's judgement is generally a matter of perception.
So those Obama naysayers will find thier issues not to support them and that is fine. I hold nothing against them, I only hope they will rally around when him and show the support they would to any new President if he is elected. But for some reason I dont think that will be the case.
But the other thing that the Rev Wright gets my panties into a wad crowd isnt understanding is that this is quickly becoming old news. Most people are sick of hearing about it. There becomes a tipping point where rehashing the same old BS we have been through a hundred times becomes counterproductive. They have gotten to the point.

It truly is "Silly Season".

Yaaaaa - I saw all your posts.

The fact is we all have co-workers, family, or friends that have some views that are just totally out of line with our own.

Yes, but WE are not running for president. WE didn't sit in the pews for 20 years and listen to the racism, the paranoia, and the america-bashing. WE didn't try to whitewash our way out of it before finally admitting, belatedly, that wright is a nutcase.

Barack Obama is a uniter. Even Republicans... White Republicans... :) that served with Senator Obama in the Illinois State Senate attest to that... even attest to it in TV ads.

Uniter, my ass. Spare me the Obama campaign mantras. I am a conservative, and I can tell you there's no way we would "unite" with a leftwing statist like Obama.

I know EXACTLY where Senator Obama is coming from and I'll tell you how. I have a lot of biker friends. Friends like family to me that I've rode around with for close to 30 years. Some of these friends could be called somewhat racist in their views of people different then themselves.

I developed in a different direction. I got into coaching. Coached Boys Football. Coached Girls AAU Traveling Team Basketball. I have make friendships with Black Coaches and Black young men & women that are every bit as strong as my old biker buddies.

I didn't throw away my old friends and it didn't stop me from creating new friends. I'm in the middle. Both are my friends. They treat each other respectfully when I'm present because it's not what they think... It's what I think. I see that it works or the side that doesn't want it to work is free to leave.

I take pride in the fact that over the years my position has actually helped. People that at one time wouldn't even be seen in the same room together talk & even joke. It's a good thing and it's the people that are willing to be the bridge that make it happen.

"Thanks" for the folksy autobiography, but you have no clue about this guy, the most left person in congress, whose positions are pure leftwing statism, who has no particular competence, and who is PRECISELY what we DON'T need at this point in history.

We've had over 7 years of a just plain ignorant & arrogant administration. Our country is just at the very beginning of it's suffering over what this leadership has set us up for. If we are lucky enough to get a President Obama we will see the difference intelligence, self research and a calm steady hand can do to improve our situation. It won't be easy... we're worse off than we even yet know.

There's no reason at all to believe Obama has any "intelligence" he's a person who has slid through life on a path greased with "affirmative action", and how good or bad the current administration is has NOTHING to do with Obama - he reminds a largely unknown person who has gotten where he is due to the lack of interest of the lib media in investigating him, and their incessant cheerleading.

Uniter, my ass. Spare me the Obama campaign mantras. I am a conservative, and I can tell you there's no way we would "unite" with a leftwing statist like Obama.
So if/when Obama wins, you wont rally behind the rightfully elected President?

"Thanks" for the folksy autobiography, but you have no clue about this guy, the most left person in congress, whose positions are pure leftwing statism, who has no particular competence, and who is PRECISELY what we DON'T need at this point in history.
You do realize of course that the one person most responsible for the rise of Obama is George W. Bush and zealots like you who have run this country into the dirt.
If it wasnt for 8 years of scare tactics, war, government mismanagement, out of control spending, a limitation on liberties. Obama would be a jr senator from Illinois who gave a nice speech. But it is because the neocons have screwed the pooch so bad that people want something so dramatically different from what we currently have.
Taxes are coming up no matter who is President.

Werbung:
You do realize of course that the one person most responsible for the rise of Obama is George W. Bush and zealots like you who have run this country into the dirt.

>>>> I <<<< ran the country into the dirt??? :D

If it wasnt for 8 years of scare tactics, war, government mismanagement, out of control spending, a limitation on liberties. Obama would be a jr senator from Illinois who gave a nice speech. But it is because the neocons have screwed the pooch so bad that people want something so dramatically different from what we currently have.
Taxes are coming up no matter who is President.

OH, I GET IT!!!! Things are screwed up, so we elect as president a non-entity who a few years ago was representing a ghetto district at the ILLINOIS statehouse. GARSH!!! MAKES A LOT OF SENSE!!!!! :D

Back