The Apostles all died for their religious beliefs after personally witnessing Christ's resurrection. Isnt that conclusive proof?

Yo Daddy!

Bongino asked this: If the Apostles died for their religious beliefs and they personally saw Christ's resurrection, if no one willingly dies for a lie, isn't that the most powerful proof that Jesus demonstrated to at least 12 people that He was the Son of God.

Werbung:
of the fact that jesus was truly the son of god?

uh, no, people die for their beliefs all the time, in all kinds of religions. that would mean that all gods and religions are real. simultaneously. lol

people may not "willingly die for a lie", but they willingly die for something they BELIEVE to be true, even if it isn't in fact true.

uh, no, people die for their beliefs all the time, in all kinds of religions. that would mean that all gods and religions are real. simultaneously. lol

people may not "willingly die for a lie", but they willingly die for something they BELIEVE to be true, even if it isn't in fact true.
But the Apostles would have been disabused of any remaining faith if they saw Jesus die and STAY DEAD.

I'm an awful Christian, but I know He promised them a few outrageous things if they believed Him.

When they saw Him come back to life?

End of all doubt.

They no longer feared death.

Last edited:
But the Apostles would have been disabused of any remaining faith when they saw Jesus die and STAYED DEAD.

or jesus was cloned by space aliens.
or it was a conspiracy theory by some of the apostles because they liked the power so they claimed he was alive.
or jesus didn't really die and he was interred still barely alive and recovered.
or someone who looked a lot like him took advantage of the situation.
etc
etc

so no...this doesn't prove anything in any objective, scientific way

Bongino asked this: If the Apostles died for their religious beliefs and they personally saw Christ's resurrection, if no one willingly dies for a lie, isn't that the most powerful proof that Jesus demonstrated to at least 12 people that He was the Son of God.
That doesn't prove he was the son of a silly god.
He wasn't smart enough to keep his big mouth shut.
You're delusional.

or..jesus WAS a space alien.
or..he had a twin brother no one knew about.
or...the romans enacted a fraud by claiming he was dead when he wasn't.

hey this is fun!

everyone else is welcome to join in and come up with alternative explanations. none of them can be proven right, but none can be proven wrong either!

actually..i'm liking the "jesus was a space alien" theory myself.

"scotty, i'm going to need you to beam down a lot of loaves and fishes" lol

Only deity I know of where we have documented witnesses with documented evidence which make rock sold sense.

These 12 men KNEW JESUS. They saw Him crucified. They saw Him die. They saw Him dead. They saw Jesus rise from the dead. After being dead, He came back to life.

As He said He would.

And, iinm, I think He told them that if they believed in Him that they would have everlasting life.

After seeing him dead and STAYING DEAD, they would not have been so confident in their own personal Christian ministry.

Oh wait, didn't the Prophet Mohammed have personal witnesses to his reported miracles? What do their stories do to help believers to keep the faith?

Only deity I know of where we have documented witnesses with documented evidence which make rock sold sense.

These 12 men KNEW JESUS. They saw Him crucified. They saw Him die. They saw Him dead. They saw Jesus rise from the dead. After being dead, He came back to life.

As He said He would.

And, iinm, I think He told them that if they believed in Him that they would have everlasting life.

After seeing him dead and STAYING DEAD, they would not have been so confident in their own personal Christian ministry.

Oh wait, didn't the Prophet Mohammed have personal witnesses to his reported miracles? What do their stories do to help believers to keep the faith?

so a christian doesn't believe evidence from other religions that the other religion is true? lol
what a surprise!

again, there is no OBJECTIVE proof that jesus was the son of god.
prove he wasn't a space alien that pretended to die (fooling primative medicine back then) and "came back to life"
i'll give you all the time you need :)

• Gary DeMar: “Among some UFO enthusiasts, Jesus was an alien who was able to manipulate nature with His superior alien technology.”1
It seems that Jesus had died by crucifixion, and later was raised from death. Rather than God miraculously raising Jesus, however, could it be instead that Jesus’s resurrection was caused by the extraterrestrial technology of aliens? The most popular naturalistic explanation for the appearances-of-Jesus evidence for the resurrection is that the apostles hallucinated.2 Is genuine resurrection by aliens a better naturalistic explanation?

hallucinations? add that to the list!

In a shocking revelation, an international spiritual organisation The Aetherius Society that describes itself as a “growing religion with a global following” now says that Jesus was an alien.

According to a report published in The Daily Star, the group is planning a “cosmic mission” to “holy mountain” Holdstone Down in north Devon, where founder George King apparently came face to face with Christ in 1958.

According to members, King, who died in 1997, claims he heard a voice appointing him as an “earthly representative” of an “interplanetary parliament” in the 1950s.

more "proof" he was an alien!

Conspiracy theorists have claimed that they have found the symbol of the crucifix on the surface of Mars. They believe that the discovery of this symbol helps prove that Christ was an extraterrestrial who sought to teach all intelligent forms of life across the cosmos about ethics and morality. [1]

The Argument​

John 8: 23 states of Jesus: “And He was saying to them, ‘You are from below, I am from above; you are of this world, I am not of this world.’” Directly telling his disciples that he is not from this world appears to be a confession that he is not human, and indeed, not from this planet.

even more proof!

Evidence?? You're the only idiot who believes that.
They saw nothing but hallucinations. No one returns to life after being dead 3 days. They are liars and you are delusional.
As He said He would.

Probably and the suckers are still waiting for evidence of it.

Bullshit. They never saw him levitate.

Yes. His followers believe he rode to heaven on a winged horse. Not even a gullible fool like you would believe that but you believe your silly god rose from the dead.

Have you ever noticed how all these popular gods have performed some "miracle" which distinguishes them from the rest?
Of course not. You're as dumb as dogshit.

It seems that Jesus had died by crucifixion, and later was raised from death. Rather than God miraculously raising Jesus, however, could it be instead that Jesus’s resurrection was caused by the extraterrestrial technology of aliens? The most popular naturalistic explanation for the appearances-of-Jesus evidence for the resurrection is that the apostles hallucinated.2 Is genuine resurrection by aliens a better naturalistic explanation?

hallucinations? add that to the list!
You believe what you wish.

Werbung:
You believe what you wish.

i believe you have no objective verifiable proof that jesus was the son of god.
and i'm right because you have not presented it. lol

you believe a book written thousands of years later from stone age oral accounts is literally true? and it proves itself? lol

Back