The Presidential Contenders in 2012

Werbung:
Could you explain your statement? Is this based on religious freedom issues?

OK

But first I should have been more clear in my statement about polygamists. Polygamists in the offshoot of the mormon faith are the people I am talking about. They believe truly and their religion teaches that you must have plural wives to enter Heaven.

To deny them the right to plural marry is denying them their religious freedoms.

The first amendment to the U.S. Constitution

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

If Palin gets it then the Republicans will lose.

Not even the puppet masters are mad enough to let her into the whitehouse.

The US' reputation in the world is in the toilet after Bush.

Palin would push the flush button.

To be fair, there is a part of me that would like to see her in the whithouse.

The comedy appeal is huge. Can you imagine how many hands she would need to deal with the interviews? She would have to turn into an octopus.

Rather than an ass.

Can you imagine it?

''Ms Palin, can you tell us about foreign policy?''

''I look at aeroplanes, it is a time honoured method''

''Don't you read the newspapers?''

''Of course I do?''

''Which ones?''

''erm erm, you were briefed not to ask hard questions like that''

......And, a big collectivist government is a good thing for all Americans...

And, high taxation on the rich (anyone with a job) is smart economics...

And.........

You're fantacizing about what my opinions might be on anything. You should find better things to do.

Most people don't define the "rich" as being anyone with a job. You're the only one who defines "rich" that way.

The current administration has lowered the taxes on working people with average jobs paying under $250,000 per year. They don't consider people with average jobs as being rich either.

Don't be silly, there are at least two lies, actually more

Sarah Palin or any woman (except those who decide to abort their children) do not "resign from motherhood" full or part time to have a job. You could have said she gave up being a stay at home mom to be a govenor, but that too would have been a lie since she was a mayor before she was a governor.

so there is one lie

then Mitt Romney, You said he belongs to a church that believes in polygamy but doesn't practice it for fear of being arrested??

That is two lies in one sentence. His church does not believe in polygamy and he has never said or done anything to suggest he wishes to marry a second wife.

so there are 3 lies that I see at a glance.

Your definition of full time motherhood differs from mine and the Morman Church has never retracted its belief in polygamy, just issued an edict to obey United States laws regarding marriage.

You see, Alana, your problem here is that you are trying to use fact and reason on someone who has no regard for it.

Gipper gets told stuff by rich people about the ills of rich people sharing their wealth for the better of all and he just accepts it even though there is no supporting evidence and he would actually gain from a fairer system.

That is seriously brainwashed.

Also, Gipper may take a while to respond as he is being fattened up for xmas

If Palin gets it then the Republicans will lose.

Not even the puppet masters are mad enough to let her into the whitehouse.

The US' reputation in the world is in the toilet after Bush.

Palin would push the flush button.

To be fair, there is a part of me that would like to see her in the whithouse.

The comedy appeal is huge. Can you imagine how many hands she would need to deal with the interviews? She would have to turn into an octopus.

Rather than an ass.

Can you imagine it?

''Ms Palin, can you tell us about foreign policy?''

''I look at aeroplanes, it is a time honoured method''

''Don't you read the newspapers?''

''Of course I do?''

''Which ones?''

''erm erm, you were briefed not to ask hard questions like that''

A funny post....but what isn't funny is that the GOP obviously puts party above country enough that they are willing to support an abject idiot like Palin...... just because they think she could fool the public long enough to actually slip into office.
(there actually are a few "Stand-Up" Republicans that admit she is unqualified to have her manicured fingers on the nuclear trigger......but they are drowned out by GOP leadership)

..... your problem here is that you are trying to use fact and reason on someone who has no regard for it.

Gipper gets told stuff by rich people about the ills of rich people sharing their wealth for the better of all and he just accepts it even though there is no supporting evidence and he would actually gain from a fairer system.

Yes, there's an unfortunate number of people being brainwashed by professional mobilizers financed by the Republican elite and organized under the umbrella of the Tea Party movement.

The only power they exert is to preserve the status quo of the rich and privileged and return the Republican elite to control of congress. They are being herded around like sheep to the slaughter. They don't even realize they are doing nothing in their own best interest.

Your definition of full time motherhood differs from mine and the Morman Church has never retracted its belief in polygamy, just issued an edict to obey United States laws regarding marriage.

You do not stop being a mother because you work, or a father for that matter.

The current LDS church speaks out strongly against polygamy and has for years. Offshoots did not accept the prophets ruling on the subject and that is why they made their own group. Mitt Romney is part of the mainstream mormon church who openly speaks against polygamy and he himself has never said anything pro polygamy, thus your statements were lies.

The church should shut its hypocritical discriminatory face and keep out of politics.

If the church had its way we would all be living in a medieval society like that which is imposed my by most Muslim states.

All of the lies and purported lies aside, I still think that a Palin/Quayle ticket is just the thing for Republicans in 2012. I don't even care which one is the President, let them fight that out.

All of the lies and purported lies aside, I still think that a Palin/Quayle ticket is just the thing for Republicans in 2012. I don't even care which one is the President, let them fight that out.

Quayle is not even in politics is he? You know what is sad?

You want this ticket because you think its the worst ticket out there.

Why would anyone who loves our country want the worst candidates to run? I do not get that.

I want the absolute best candidate possible and I really do not care if they have a D or an R or and I behind them, I just want our Country to spring back.

Werbung:
Quayle is not even in politics is he? You know what is sad?

You want this ticket because you think its the worst ticket out there.

Why would anyone who loves our country want the worst candidates to run? I do not get that.

I want the absolute best candidate possible and I really do not care if they have a D or an R or and I behind them, I just want our Country to spring back.

You should like them, neither one supports eugenics. What difference does it make WHAT I think of them as candidates when Republicans seem to like them?

I don't always agree with you, but until the eugenics post I always respected you. Making an unfounded accusation like you did is just about the worst kind of politics there is. You and I both know that no matter what law is written SOMEONE will try to use it for evil and the Death With Dignity law is no different. The fact that some people have tried to bend it to bad ends doesn't mean that it's a bad law. Have any of them succeeded? Not that I know of, so the law must be pretty well crafted then, isn't it?

I fail to see why you believe that our freedoms should be curtailed because SOMEBODY will try to use a law for an evil end.

Back