The Presidential Contenders in 2012

You should like them, neither one supports eugenics. What difference does it make WHAT I think of them as candidates when Republicans seem to like them?

I don't always agree with you, but until the eugenics post I always respected you. Making an unfounded accusation like you did is just about the worst kind of politics there is. You and I both know that no matter what law is written SOMEONE will try to use it for evil and the Death With Dignity law is no different. The fact that some people have tried to bend it to bad ends doesn't mean that it's a bad law. Have any of them succeeded? Not that I know of, so the law must be pretty well crafted then, isn't it?

I fail to see why you believe that our freedoms should be curtailed because SOMEBODY will try to use a law for an evil end.

I fail to see it too since I never said it. Anyone who wants to kill themselves I am all for it. I have said that in at least 5 different threads on this board. I am just against taxpayers being forced to pay for it. Buy your own razor, bullet exc.

There was another case here in Oregon just recently. A Springfield woman developed cancer and was on the Oregon health care plan. They refused to give her the medication that could save her life but they offered to pay for her doctor assisted suicide. The pharmaceutical company ended up giving her the drugs for free because Oregon would do nothing except offer to pay for her doctor assisted suicide, even though they over tax us all claiming it will help people in dire need of medical help.

What do you call it when the government is being paid (by tax payers) to take care of the sick and instead the government who could give you the medicine you need to live instead only offers to “off” you? It sounds kind of like the slippery slope to eugenics to me.

Werbung:
Back