Where does Trump stand....

I suspect it has to do with trade pacts that are poorly constructed and favor the other party.
In these instances, and there are few if any that are not, they are negative.
Now you can argue that some are intentiobally so to deliver other benefits (military bases in necessary locations) but he is not one to like a deal that is not minimally mutually beneficial. And I think he has a point.
Trump has made a lot of fine cabinet appointments, but the of Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer, and the head of a new entity called the National Trade Council, Peter Navarro, are quite worrying advocates of so-called nationalist economics. Like Mr. Trump, they see trade as a form of warfare. It isn’t. I'm just saying this is worth keeping an I on, Both eyes..

I'm not arguing to leave things as they are i'm all for better deals but there are possible ironies here 1) The people who will suffer from trade protectionism are the poor and working classes who will pay higher prices for goods, and see their jobs lost due to higher prices of imports (half of imports are used in American manufacturing, some of which go to exports). 2) China is benefitting even now from other nations’ fear of US changing policy on trade. Instead of American-led free trade agreements, China is lining up Pacific nations for a Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership, in which Beijing calls the tune. 3) The US is the world’s largest trading nation. Protectionism is a punch in our own eye. To punish China or anyone else for selling us too many products, Mr. Trump could be imposing higher prices only on Americans.

We know the president has a great deal of independent power on trade matters. Here is something for you and I as well as Republicans in Congress to mull: If President Trump, the great businessman, ignites a trade war and tanks the economy, voters will draw the lesson “Those free-market Republicans have done it again. Capitalism equals depression.”

Werbung:
Trump has made a lot of fine cabinet appointments, but the of Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer, and the head of a new entity called the National Trade Council, Peter Navarro, are quite worrying advocates of so-called nationalist economics. Like Mr. Trump, they see trade as a form of warfare. It isn’t. I'm just saying this is worth keeping an I on, Both eyes..

I'm not arguing to leave things as they are i'm all for better deals but there are possible ironies here 1) The people who will suffer from trade protectionism are the poor and working classes who will pay higher prices for goods, and see their jobs lost due to higher prices of imports (half of imports are used in American manufacturing, some of which go to exports). 2) China is benefitting even now from other nations’ fear of US changing policy on trade. Instead of American-led free trade agreements, China is lining up Pacific nations for a Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership, in which Beijing calls the tune. 3) The US is the world’s largest trading nation. Protectionism is a punch in our own eye. To punish China or anyone else for selling us too many products, Mr. Trump could be imposing higher prices only on Americans.

We know the president has a great deal of independent power on trade matters. Here is something for you and I as well as Republicans in Congress to mull: If President Trump, the great businessman, ignites a trade war and tanks the economy, voters will draw the lesson “Those free-market Republicans have done it again. Capitalism equals depression.”
Trump knows PRC cannot afford a trade war especially as their economy us sputtering. Free and fair trade is the goal, not war. They will take the hit because the alternative is far worse.

I doubt that Trump will start a trade war with China.
Nope. It would have to be china's doing. Everyone knows they have violated all term of the current agreements so they can't cry foul. They sealed their fate by cheating all these years. It's surprising it's taken till now for someone to say "enough".

Nope. It would have to be china's doing. Everyone knows they have violated all term of the current agreements so they can't cry foul. They sealed their fate by cheating all these years. It's surprising it's taken till now for someone to say "enough".
And that's my point, once started, would he back down from China.. I hope not. It would be like the red line in the sand.. I agree a trade war is something no one wants..

Werbung:
Back