Why women dont shine?

Eternal

We have Einstein, Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, etc....

So where do women stand? I never hear of women geniuses.

Werbung:
We have Einstein, Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, etc....

So where do women stand? I never hear of women geniuses.

Talk to a feminist and, aside from pointing out a few (Sylvia Plath comes to mind), she'll tell you that throughout history women weren't given chances to "shine," as you put it.

There was also Marie Curie. And depending on morally depraved you're willing to go, Agrippina was pretty intelligent.

Theano 600 B.C. Greek mathematician, married Pythagoras, devised "The Golden Rectangle" (which paved the way for Pascal's triangle and Fibonacci's series)

Trotula of Salerno around 1097; Famous OB/GYN , wrote books that were used for hundreds of years after her death, She studied complications of childbirth and how to avoid them.

Sybilla Masters around 1720 - american inventor, a quaker, most noted for creating a method for curing indian corn for colonists, first american female inventor.

Laura Bassi 1711-1778 , italian scientists, Volta's works were built on her initial research.

Maria Gaetana Agnesi 1718-1799 , Child Prodigy, you can still find her algebraic solution in text books today Witch of Agnesi

Caroline Herschel 1750-1848 she and her brother discovered Uranus.

Mary Edwards Walker 1832-1919 Physician, awarded the Medal of Honor in 1866 for her work during the civil war, the first and only civilian/woman to receive this medal.

Williamina Paton Stevens Fleming 1851-1911 Scottish immigrant to boston. astronomer , devised a system of classifying stars according to their spectra, which is a distintive pattern produces by each star when its light is passed through a prism. She discovered 59 nebulae, over 300 variable stars, and 10 novae,(Draper Catalogues of Stellar Spectra). 1906 became the first american women elected to the royal astronomical society. published a total of 222 variable stars in 1907.

Evelyn Boyd Granville 1924-present, mathematician , worked with IBM n a team that was responsible for the formulation of orbit computations and computer procedures for NASA

need I say more?

I think their were smart woman, we just don't hear about them. Like the saying goes, the man may be the head but the woman is the neck. She can makethe man turn any way she wants. In a world where woman had very little power, I wonder how many shined through those that were in power.

I think their were smart woman, we just don't hear about them. Like the saying goes, the man may be the head but the woman is the neck. She can makethe man turn any way she wants. In a world where woman had very little power, I wonder how many shined through those that were in power.

Nicely put!

:)

The title of this thread reminds me of a line from the movie 'The Shining'... "But she don't shine like you do boy." :p

You guys got it all wrong. Now heres a woman who really shined.

The top female sniper for the USSR during WW2 was this really gorgeous Ukranian girl named Lyudmila Pavlichenko. Dumb name, great girl, by the end of the war she had, get this, 309 little notches on her stock. Which shows you how incredibly effective a good sniper can be over the course of a long mobile war like the Eastern Front, '41-'45. They say Lyudmila found a notebook on the corpse of one of the Wehrmacht snipers she killed that listed more than 500 kills. So she not only took out three companies of enemy troops but by killing this uber-sniper saved Lord knows how many Soviet soldiers.

You could argue that Lyudmila had the combat effectiveness of a battalion.

And what a babe!

LyudmilaPavlichenko1.jpg

Werbung:
Don't ever say you don't have time.

We get the same amount of time as Mother Teresa, Emily Dickenson, and whoever else.

What we do with this life is up to us.

And well, maybe you can look for me being on the female genius list some day. :)

Back