Will God Ever Die?

Werbung:
I don't know what God is, so I can't really comment. Either he is dead, doesn't care or has a great scheme/leaves us to our own devices for a bit of fun.

I know one thing for sure, the Christian God (doesnt exist but if he did) is dead.

How can you leave religion out of a discussion of God? How are you defining "religion"?

Religion is, by encyclopedic definition created unanimously by the World Council of Religions representatives of every religion in the world way back in the late 1970s, a philosophy that contains both of the following tenets: 1) a belief in souls (a part of us that is seperate from our physicality and may have lived before our present physical life and continues to live on after we die), and, of course, 2) a belief in before or after life.

This valid authoritative foundational encyclopedic definition does not require God in the definition of religion, as theosophy and other new age karmic religions etc. simply do not have a tenet of God.

The fanatasy of souls and before/after life, which exists due to the universal historic realities that we will all someday die, that the spectre of death can be scary, that many have had the fear connected with the reality of their mortality exacerbated at an early age via the socioeconomic threat of premature death, and that such strong fear in the face of unchanging reality is coped with in compensational abatement by hiding from that reality in a mental fantasy, a fantasy that may be idiosyncratic or common collective ... is simply irrelevant to the topic of whether or not God will ever die.

My question is whether or not God will ever die, in reality.

Thus the fantasy tenets that define religion, and therefore religion itself, is indeed irrelevant to this discussion, as fantasy is irrelevant to a discussion about reality.

The God of the Bible will never die. Neither will our spirits. All of us are eternal spirits and spiritual beings do not die as only the flesh can decay.

On the other hand when a spiritual being is separated from his creator that is the true definition of death. The definition of death (decay) that I was referring to in the first sentence is only a precursor of the more real death (separation).

Decay allows us to fear separation so that we can take appropriate action and let God mend the rift between us.

Chrisitanity will be dead in a thousand years or so, if humanity is still alive. You really think Christianity is any different than any other religion that has come and gone? The Romans, Greeks, Aztecs, and other ancient/classical religions have died out as times change.

Chrisitanity will be dead in a thousand years or so, if humanity is still alive. You really think Christianity is any different than any other religion that has come and gone? The Romans, Greeks, Aztecs, and other ancient/classical religions have died out as times change.

Yes I do. I can't prove it to you but maybe some day you will see it this way yourself - maybe not.

I see all religions as man's attempt to reach out to God. I see Christianity as God reaching out to man.

The Bible says that if a thing is from men it will pass away and if it is from God it cannot. Time will tell.

Tell me what the difference is between Christianity and any other religion that makes it so unique please.

Tell me what the difference is between Christianity and any other religion that makes it so unique please.

In Christianity you salvation is not won/earned/whatever based on anything you do. God Himself has created the means of salvation and He has performed the works required and He has given it freely to whoever wants it. You don't need to follow any rules, recite any incantations, engage in any rituals, etc.

It does not matter who you are God offers His grace to you.

The God of the Bible will never die. Neither will our spirits. All of us are eternal spirits and spiritual beings do not die as only the flesh can decay.

On the other hand when a spiritual being is separated from his creator that is the true definition of death. The definition of death (decay) that I was referring to in the first sentence is only a precursor of the more real death (separation).

Decay allows us to fear separation so that we can take appropriate action and let God mend the rift between us.
There is no evidence of any kind, sentient or intuitive, that has ever existed to support the claim that our spirit can live without the mass and energy of which it is composed.

Denial of the reality of one's mortality is invalid when projected upon God.

God is material too, just like we are.

So I repeat my question: will God ever die?

And "die" means cease to exist in the physical, and, thus, in the spiritual too.

Werbung:
There is no evidence of any kind, sentient or intuitive, that has ever existed to support the claim that our spirit can live without the mass and energy of which it is composed.

Denial of the reality of one's mortality is invalid when projected upon God.

God is material too, just like we are.

So I repeat my question: will God ever die?

And "die" means cease to exist in the physical, and, thus, in the spiritual too.

Other than you saying so, there is no evidence to suggest that spirit is made up of energy. There is an abundance of evidence to suggest that spirit is immortal. It is not scientific evidence but it is evidence none the less - the Bible. You may believe it or not, but at least read it, assuming you have not, or you will not be in much of a position to discount or accept what it says.

Long before you defined "die" for us the Bible has been using it in a much broader way:

"Death is never defined by lexicographers as extinction, annihilation, non-existence or unconsciousness
Death in the Bible is always pictured as a separation between two things."

http://www.bible.ca/d-death=separation.htm

Back