Partisan Politics@base/post xchanges?

Bunz

I am not quite familiar how the promotional system works for the AAFES, but I am questions how book signings by political personalities work on what should otherwise be a non partisan base/post exchange.
At the recent events at Fort Bragg, Ft. Hood and finally at Elmendorf Airforce Base as well as Eielson Airforce Base makes me want to know some answers concerning the policies surrounding potentially partisan events.
Considering the extra security efforts that are shown, as well as all of the other incidental costs of such an closed event has me a bit worried.
Is this routine for anybody doing a book tour? Also, I have heard mixed reports on how she traveled from Elmendorf AFB to Eielson AFB to make the other book signing. If she was transported on the tax payers dollar via military aircraft than I will take issue.
PalinBook14.42883.original.standalone.prod_affiliate.7.JPG

Do other political figures get the opportunity to visit the local BX?
Who is paying for the triple level of security that was provided for Sarah?
PalinBook09.42835.original.standalone.prod_affiliate.7.JPG

Werbung:
Re: Partisan Events @ Military Bases

As a side note, it sounds like Sarah has decided to do an actual public signing in Alaska. I am contemplating waiting in line to have her sign the book to: Ebay Purchaser.

As a side note, it sounds like Sarah has decided to do an actual public signing in Alaska. I am contemplating waiting in line to have her sign the book to: Ebay Purchaser.

I have already turned you in as a threat, they wont let you past the front door.

But be sure to carry a beer so they know who I was talking about!

I have already turned you in as a threat, they wont let you past the front door.
I'm sure all o' the Bubbleheads-o'-the-World are raising their (collective) glasses, toasting you, for such a heroic/defensive-effort.

:rolleyes:

The military IS the plaything of politicians Bunz, is this sort of stunt any different from the legions of worthless politicial twats going to Iraq and A'stan to have the de rigueur photo with "boys n' Gals" at the front.......

The military IS the plaything of politicians Bunz, is this sort of stunt any different from the legions of worthless politicial twats going to Iraq and A'stan to have the de rigueur photo with "boys n' Gals" at the front.......

I understand what you are saying, but there is a big difference in being an actual office holder and a hasbeen-or soon to run. I am not aware of any other national political figures being allowed the chance to do such things.
If anyone has knowledge of anyone else doing such a thing let me know.

What is the cost to the taxpayers?

Actually I reckon it happens quite frequently. I remember when I was stationed in Germany we had authors turning up in our NAAFI (the big on at Sennelager) and also happened quite a few times when I was in SHAPE...........anyway I wouldn't get too wound up on this Bunz, as if she was that important they wouldn't have stuck her in a corner with a trestle table and no SS guys.

The military IS the plaything of politicians Bunz....
That's a pretty-disgusting thought. I (think) I understand this could (possibly) be European-style rhetoric....but, we've (in the U.S.) shoveled too-many troops into the meat-grinder....and, to dismiss them as playthings seems more-than-obscene.

There's no doubt the U.S. military has (more-often-than-not) been used for manipulative-purpo$e$, but you'd be hard-pressed to find very many Americans (of any political-persuasion) who'd use playthings in such a flippant-manner....especially those-of-us whose political-teeth were cut during the 'Nam-era.​

"Westmoreland was diagnosed as having a deadly hatred for American teenagers, and he tried to wipe them out. "The only good teen is a dead teen!" was his belief. The condition persisted throughout his life.

“Ain't no greasy-teenager ever gonna' bring me down!” ~ Westmoreland upon visiting Los Angeles, December 1998

Hey....I'm as big-a-fan of black-humor as anyone-else (no...not the Republican-kind)...but, to write-off unsuspecting/naive/brain-washed/young-troops as playthings seems....even, for me....more-than over-the-line.

young-Vietnam-GI.jpg

This isn't meant to be a personal-attack, against you. I guess I'm just feelin' (more) sorry for European-troops who've (quite-possibly) heard themselves described in such rhetorical-terms.​

....is this sort of stunt any different from the legions of worthless politicial twats going to Iraq and A'stan to have the de rigueur photo with "boys n' Gals" at the front.......
I understand what you are saying, but there is a big difference in being an actual office holder and a hasbeen-or soon to run. I am not aware of any other national political figures being allowed the chance to do such things.

If anyone has knowledge of anyone else doing such a thing let me know.
You're kiddin'....right??!!!

bush_turkey.jpg

Werbung:

Take the parody book Going Rouge. With all that... I believe in witchcraft, I don't know what I read, I can see Russia from my house, quitter IO she has she'll most likely sign it an never be the wiser.

Then put THAT on eBay!;)

Back