Why Do You Hate Obama?

Bunz

I have watched with mild amusement lately a number of threads including several duplicate threads about how horrible of a job Obama is doing.

So my question is quite simple, why do you hate Obama?

I know I could have made a poll, but wanted to keep it open ended and am encouraging more than just one liner rehashed talking points. Please put some individuality and thought into the response.

Thanks in advance for your time in responding.

Werbung:
I have watched with mild amusement lately a number of threads including several duplicate threads about how horrible of a job Obama is doing.

I know I could have made a poll, but wanted to keep it open ended and am encouraging more than just one liner rehashed talking points. Please put some individuality and thought into the response.

I am not big on sports, except the sports my kids play so I will tell you about what kind of music I like.

All types really but my favs are stuff like Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bob Seger

As with all former Presidents...I'm just allowing this current administraion time to work at their jobs and in 'HOPE' that this president will be able to do ½ of what he wanted to do & promised to do on his campaign tour...;)
BUT quite a few of the 'lessor thinking' hate mongers around here will be hard pressed to form a thoughtful non racist opinion about the 'TRUTH' of the "WHY DO THEY HATE" our new president as they have proven with their continual smut posts...they have no quantified rational reason, they just have whiny excuses and hidden angry agendas that follow the thought processes of their leaders ie Rush Limbaugh's & Glen Becks of this world. :rolleyes:

Because he crushes picket lines and bails out banks and auto corporations. He is just another politically-correct centrist who thinks that they can be loved just by being an improvement on the last guy.

Is it a normal leftist tactic to make up a question composed of "Why do you...." followed by a talking-points lie?

Is this what you folks substitute for actual debate, when you can't refute what your opposition is saying?

My sympathies. :rolleyes:

I don't hate Obama, any more or less than I hated Bush, or Clinton.

Obama is just a man. Nothing more, nothing less.

The problem is, I completely disagree with his policies. I disagree with his methods. I disagree with his false "hope" he gives people.

Every time there has ever been a spectacular cultist following of someone promising to fix all the worlds problems, there has been an equally spectacular destruction at the end.

This country was built, not by a single visionary leader who foresaw a great nation, but rather by rugged individualism, and everyone working to improve their own lives, and indirectly the lives of everyone else.

How many nations have been ruined by those claiming to be able to fix everything? Hitler? Mugabe? Stalin? Mao? Pol Pot? Hugo Chavez?

I'm currently reading a book "Panama Fever", and it's simply amazing the number of times, prior to the Panama Canal, how many countries sent people claiming they'd create world peace by making the Panama Canal. Dozens of countries, sent millions and trillions of dollars, to Panama. Each time in massive failure with thousands of deaths, only to have some other looney stand up and claim he'd do it. He'd bring about the golden age. He'd fix the worlds problems. He'd cause world peace.

Yet people are so lame it seems, that each time we have a massive failure, some other yahoo stands up claiming they can really do it, and all the US citizens start chanting "hope and change", only to find out that like all the others, it was a shaman.

Obama is no different. After giving billions to auto companies, they still filed for bankruptcy. After continuing the TARP fund, all the banks that were in trouble, still were closed or bought out. After passing the Stimulus, the economy continued to tank even faster than his own people projected.

I'd be hard pressed to see one thing he was successful at, given all the vast ambiguous promises he made.

Can we go one week without hearing the myth of the rugged American individualist?

The West was won by the American pioneer. Right after our military made sure the Natives knew where not to step.

I imagine the individualist fire was stoked higher when the government provided incentives for expansion, like the Homestead Act. Nothing says "I did it all by myself" like your government giving you free land.

I have to agree with the majority of Andy's post...Bunz, you presuppose that hate is the basis behind the reactions. Maybe in some cases it is, but the reality is that many of us are just opposed to the methodology and ideology that this Administration and Congress are pitching. I believe the intense anger that occurs from some has less to do with racism and more to do with fear. Having worked very hard to go from meager beginnings to something better. It scares me when it is suggested that it will no longer be voluntary to help the less fortunate. Can we make this country a better place...hell yeah...but it will take the creation of new jobs and that seems to be very low on this Administrations and Congress' laundry list. It's not about hate...it's about fear.

Can we go one week without hearing the myth of the rugged American individualist?

The West was won by the American pioneer. Right after our military made sure the Natives knew where not to step.

I imagine the individualist fire was stoked higher when the government provided incentives for expansion, like the Homestead Act. Nothing says "I did it all by myself" like your government giving you free land.

Wow, would you do me a favor? Please donate your property to the local Indian tribe. Then you can talk about your disdain for rugged individualism and not be a hypocrite.

No question, many of our ancestors took advantage of the native Americans. I get it and I'm sorry. Now onto the idea that it was the individual will of a handful of people that made much of what we take for granted possible.

I don't know what your grandfather and father did for a living, but mine worked for the Railroad and in a factory. They didn't discover the old west, but they saved their money and invested it in land which made for a better place for my brother and I. In turn, we have taken our meager opportunities and put it back into the business world and between us employ over 200 people.

Wow, would you do me a favor? Please donate your property to the local Indian tribe. Then you can talk about your disdain for rugged individualism and not be a hypocrite.

No question, many of our ancestors took advantage of the native Americans. I get it and I'm sorry. Now onto the idea that it was the individual will of a handful of people that made much of what we take for granted possible.

I don't know what your grandfather and father did for a living, but mine worked for the Railroad and in a factory. They didn't discover the old west, but they saved their money and invested it in land which made for a better place for my brother and I. In turn, we have taken our meager opportunities and put it back into the business world and between us employ over 200 people.

Right, the railroad. The epitome of an INDIVIDUAL effort.

Put the pipe down. PUT IT DOWN!!!

BTW, as you so skillfully pointed out you granddiddy laid down your opportunity. So much for doing it all by yourself.

Harvey Mackay succinctly speaks to this in "Swim with the Sharks", everybody who has achieved success did it all by themselves, because they somehow forget everyone who gave them a leg up on the way to that success.

Sad. Really.

Right, the railroad. The epitome of an INDIVIDUAL effort.

Put the pipe down. PUT IT DOWN!!!

BTW, as you so skillfully pointed out you granddiddy laid down your opportunity. So much for doing it all by yourself.

Harvey Mackay succinctly speaks to this in "Swim with the Sharks", everybody who has achieved success did it all by themselves, because they somehow forget everyone who gave them a leg up on the way to that success.

Sad. Really.

How do you not see that you are making my point? When I talk about rugged individualism, I'm not talking about the proverbial "me" and "I". What we are talking about is the idea that it wasn't given to us by the government or a fearless leader.

I'm humbled daily by the thought of the effort my ancestors made to make this country a safer and better place for my family. There is no lack of respect. The point you're missing is that it was by the sweat of individuals that things happen, not by the wave of a magic stimulus wand either in this century or the previous two.

How do you not see that you are making my point? When I talk about rugged individualism, I'm not talking about the proverbial "me" and "I". What we are talking about is the idea that it wasn't given to us by the government or a fearless leader.

I'm humbled daily by the thought of the effort my ancestors made to make this country a safer and better place for my family. There is no lack of respect. The point you're missing is that it was by the sweat of individuals that things happen, not by the wave of a magic stimulus wand either in this century or the previous two.

What wasn't given to "us"? When did "us" become an individual?

What this whole "individualist" argument misses is that we have a debt to our community for providing the framework which allows us to achieve. That doesn't come about because of individuals working solely at their own self interests. That's what destroys such frameworks.

What wasn't given to "us"? When did "us" become an individual?

What this whole "individualist" argument misses is that we have a debt to our community for providing the framework which allows us to achieve. That doesn't come about because of individuals working solely at their own self interests. That's what destroys such frameworks.

Huh, what did society ever give me or my family? No one in my direct family has ever received welfare or even unemployment. The infrastructure (roads, bridges, water, and electricity) has been paid for every step of the way (taxes) and I'll argue was more expensive because of the regulatory methodology created by FDR.

How does improving ones standard of living destroy the framework? How did my community give me an opportunity to achieve? What the hell are you talking about? Again, "individualistic" means that you take the bull by the horns and you make a better life, not wait for the "community" to provide you an opportunity. Remember, it is always one or two people in every community that creates the inertia that allows everyone else to succeed. The day you stop giving those couple people incentive we might as well just lower our expectations because communities have never innovated or grown anything.

Huh, what did society ever give me or my family? No one in my direct family has ever received welfare or even unemployment. The infrastructure (roads, bridges, water, and electricity) has been paid for every step of the way (taxes) and I'll argue was more expensive because of the regulatory methodology created by FDR.

How does improving ones standard of living destroy the framework? How did my community give me an opportunity to achieve? What the hell are you talking about? Again, "individualistic" means that you take the bull by the horns and you make a better life, not wait for the "community" to provide you an opportunity. Remember, it is always one or two people in every community that creates the inertia that allows everyone else to succeed. The day you stop giving those couple people incentive we might as well just lower our expectations because communities have never innovated or grown anything.

If it hadn't been for Teddy R. or someone else taking up the mantle, you'd most likely be working for the son of a robber baron who would have squeezed out any opportunity you might have had as their monopoly grew.

That's one.

You don't have to tell me how old you are, but I'm going to guess that unless you are a Highlander, you achieved your modicum of success in the post-War period. That's about the last place that people need to pretend that the opportunities available were simply of an individual's making. Taking them sure, but we're quickly seeing what happens as the US's competitive advantage is eroding.

Werbung:
Back