10 Reasons Gay Marriage is Unamerican and Wrong

I sometimes find happiness abusing myself with my left hand. I am free to do so. Government licensing and regulation isnt required. The government would have no valid reason to do so.
Sad state of affairs when you need the endorsement of government to find your happiness and feel better about yourself.

Your argument only makes sense if your left hand can take on the role of a stepparent and raise a child, and if your left hand faced discrimination on a daily basis. This isn't about "feeling better about myself". I feel great. It's about my family being valid, recognized, and given the same protections my heterosexual neighbors have. It's about my children being given the same opportunities as your children. Unless you can sit there with a straight face and prove your kids are more worthy than mine, your argument falls apart.

Werbung:
Your argument only makes sense if your left hand can take on the role of a stepparent and raise a child, and if your left hand faced discrimination on a daily basis.

I dont have any kids. I know a 35 yr old widow of 10 years who had her Father move into her house 9 years ago to help take care of the three kids.
Are you going to argue that somehow your relationship is more worthy of government endorsement because one of you is sticking yer dick in the other, and my friends father is not?

I dont have any kids. I know a 35 yr old widow of 10 years who had her Father move into her house 9 years ago to help take care of the three kids.
Are you going to argue that somehow your relationship is more worthy of government endorsement because one of you is sticking yer dick in the other, and my friends father is not?

Your crudeness aside, yes, that is what I am arguing. Her father is in no danger of losing the kids should she die, nor would he have a problem visiting her in the hospital or managing her affairs.

Your crudeness aside, yes, that is what I am arguing. Her father is in no danger of losing the kids should she die, nor would he have a problem visiting her in the hospital or managing her affairs.

Oooohhh so pretend she is a a divorcee. If she dies her ex would get the kids. Just as if you died, your ex would get yours. Same treatment for people in the same situation. (If I recall your divorced, living with your "partner"... or am I confusing you with another dog avatar?). Your issues are with adoption laws and hospital visitation policy, not marriage law.

Oooohhh so pretend she is a a divorcee. If she dies her ex would get the kids. Just as if you died, your ex would get yours.

What if I don't want my ex getting the kid? What if my kid wants to stay with my partner? What if my kid considers us a family even if you don't? Don't his feelings matter at all?

Same treatment for people in the same situation. (If I recall your divorced, living with your "partner"... or am I confusing you with another dog avatar?). Your issues are with adoption laws and hospital visitation policy, not marriage law.

No, it's me...as you no doubt have realized by now since we both post at another forum where I've recently changed my name to Segep. :D

What if I don't want my ex getting the kid? What if my kid wants to stay with my partner? What if my kid considers us a family even if you don't? Don't his feelings matter at all?

No, it's me...as you no doubt have realized by now since we both post at another forum where I've recently changed my name to Segep. :D

If you were married to your partner, your ex would still get custody. Just as when a parent dies, the step parent doesnt get the children, the other surviving biological parent gets custody. All these issues you bring up have nothing to do with marriage. It seems now you also want to remove from the law the preference for the parental rights of biologiocal parents over non biological parents. Them damned breeders get all the breaks.

1. Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

This is the third time I have seen the above nonsense in different fora. It amazes me that people go to such trouble trying to convince themselves of the merits of an absurd proposition.

A man is a man and a woman a woman and a marriage the union of a man and a woman. Nothing difficult to understand at all.

This is the third time I have seen the above nonsense in different fora. It amazes me that people go to such trouble trying to convince themselves of the merits of an absurd proposition.

A man is a man and a woman a woman and a marriage the union of a man and a woman. Nothing difficult to understand at all.

You recognize that it's nonsense, yet still recite the mantra? That doesn't make sense. Of course, it's nonsense. That's why there is no argument against allowing gay marriages.

You recognize that it's nonsense, yet still recite the mantra? That doesn't make sense. Of course, it's nonsense. That's why there is no argument against allowing gay marriages.

There are tons of rational arguments - nothing resembling the ones in the thread starter. It is nothing but a bunch of strawman arguments that doesn't even try to hide the fact.

And those would be??

Marriage establishes a juridical entity in accordance with a WOMAN'S RIGHT TO MOTHERHOOD and is the basis of ALL FAMILY RELATIONS.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with what you imagine it to be.

Marriage establishes a juridical entity in accordance with a WOMAN'S RIGHT TO MOTHERHOOD and is the basis of ALL FAMILY RELATIONS.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with what you imagine it to be.

And all family relations must, of course, exclude homosexuals. It is much better for society if gays have to go and find sex on the street somewhere than settle down with another gay and form a family.

A woman's right to motherhood? Where did that one come from? I don't remember seeing anything in the Constitution about that. Did I miss something?

What do I imagine it to be? I had no idea you were a mind reader.

And all family relations must, of course, exclude homosexuals. It is much better for society if gays have to go and find sex on the street somewhere than settle down with another gay and form a family.

Of course not. Homosexuals have biological parents too, no? That is what's its all about - the natural fecundity of the human species.

A woman's right to motherhood? Where did that one come from? I don't remember seeing anything in the Constitution about that. Did I miss something?

What do I imagine it to be? I had no idea you were a mind reader.

You certainly did miss something.

Motherhood is defined in the universal declaration of human rights, the us being a signatory to this document.

One need not be a mind-reader to discern that your idea of marriage does not conform with the principles for which it was meant to be.

Werbung:
Of course not. Homosexuals have biological parents too, no? That is what's its all about - the natural fecundity of the human species.

Of course, the gays could have a family life by continuing to live with their biological parents for their entire lives. I'm not so sure that is what the gays would want, or their parents, or anyone else, but that is a solution.

You certainly did miss something.

Motherhood is defined in the universal declaration of human rights, the us being a signatory to this document.

One need not be a mind-reader to discern that your idea of marriage does not conform with the principles for which it was meant to be.

Does that mean that lesbians also have a right to motherhood? Are you arguing that lesbian couples should have a right to adopt, or to have children by artificial insemination? If that is the case, wouldn't it be better for the children if their mothers were married, rather than just living together?

Marriage from a strictly legal point of view gives the couple some basic rights that people just living together don't have. Gays could simply have a ceremony and declare themselves married, with no government sanction at all. Can you see why they wouldn't choose that option?

Back