10 Reasons Gay Marriage is Unamerican and Wrong

So, YOU are on a government medical plan, but you hate it so much that you don't want anyone else to get it?

You know, I bet you could give up your government plan (even medicare is not OBLIGATORY) and purchase your own private insurance. . .and there would be no problem for your brother, sister and son to get that private insurance plan either. . . especially now that Obama's plan is taking away the "pre-existing condition" imposed by private insurance.

Re: tax advantages of civil union/marriage. . .why don't we just get rid of it for EVERYBODY! why are heterosexual MARRIED couples the only ones getting those advantages. . .that would level the playing field in terms of "equal rights" and get rid of a lot of silliness in the process!

And. . .I am one of those "heterosexual married couples."

We should get rid of it for everyone. being married or not married has nothing to do with it. The government needs to get its self out of marriage all together.

and yeah, I have said it a number of times here in the forum that I work for a school district, a form of government. and I have complained that we get the day after thanksgiving off as a holiday and christmas eve while the regular non government citizens pay for it.

Werbung:
We should get rid of it for everyone. being married or not married has nothing to do with it. The government needs to get its self out of marriage all together.

and yeah, I have said it a number of times here in the forum that I work for a school district, a form of government. and I have complained that we get the day after thanksgiving off as a holiday and christmas eve while the regular non government citizens pay for it.

So. . .we agree on this point at least. ;)

The push for homosexual marriage for most is to (hope) it forces people to accept their lifestyle. I guess over time it would. And it’s for the $$$

If it were just about a ceremony and commitment, they could get any number of people to marry them

What bugs me is that all the people pushing for homosexuals to get married never speak up for those who perhaps want a polygamist life style or want to get married to their cousin Shelley. They want to get their agenda through then shut the door for the rest who want "equal" rights.

I dont see any reason why people who want to marry their cousins or have multiple wives should not be allowed not marry. What an adult human being does with his or her life after they are adults is of no consquence to the state if it has no detrimental affect on other people. Im a gay lad and we only got civil partnerships here in Ireland and we are pushing for full marriage. We sometimes hear about the southern states in the US and are bemused when people like Bachmann speak out against such issues.

I dont see any reason why people who want to marry their cousins or have multiple wives should not be allowed not marry. What an adult human being does with his or her life after they are adults is of no consquence to the state if it has no detrimental affect on other people. Im a gay lad and we only got civil partnerships here in Ireland and we are pushing for full marriage. We sometimes hear about the southern states in the US and are bemused when people like Bachmann speak out against such issues.

what would you characterize as detrimental ?

Nice to read someone with good sense!
You actually motivated me to post again. Welcome!

Instead of pushing for full marriage, Why not push for the government to get out of marriage all together? Why do we need the government to validate our relationships anyway?

Instead of pushing for full marriage, Why not push for the government to get out of marriage all together? Why do we need the government to validate our relationships anyway?

I believe Isaid that a few days ago. . .
That would take would provide equal rights for all (in term ofunion rights at least, as they would no longer exist!)

I dont disagree. Marriage is essentially more or less a financial contract of sorts. Im not too sure how it works over the pond but its more or less for financial gain. Example, tax benefits etc. If they got rid of it altogethere and replaced it with robust legislation that addresses it then its no issue at all. No one would be discriminated against.

I dont disagree. Marriage is essentially more or less a financial contract of sorts. Im not too sure how it works over the pond but its more or less for financial gain. Example, tax benefits etc. If they got rid of it altogethere and replaced it with robust legislation that addresses it then its no issue at all. No one would be discriminated against.

Its little different here. We kind of plagiarized the Brit stuff which I suspect is much like the Irish version.

To be honest, not many people I know care about gay marriage. It doesn't affect me one way or the other. Leave it up to the states.
Well saidl... Judges are not supposed to make laws--they are supposed to interpret laws that are made through the legislature. Laws that are made through the legislature come about through votes that come from the people and their representatives. If the people in a particular state have not voted to recognize gay marriage and the judges override the will of those people--those judges have perpetrated a small tyranny over those residents. Our government was devised precisely to prevent tyranny from occurring. Some gay men and women will say, "But, we are living under a tyranny because we can't get married!". That may be true. But, just because it's true doesn't give a small group of judges, a minority, the right to override the will of the majority for the sole purpose of pushing a particular "agenda". I do not believe it's necessary to subvert our system of government in order to gain recognition of your relationships. Let me tell you--every time those judges take it upon themselves to rule by fiat--it makes it that much easier for them to do it with other issues that you as gay men and women may not agree with. Once you start down that slippery slope--it becomes very difficult to turn back the clock. I much prefer trying to change the mind of straight society by being a responsible citizen rather than by "forcing" a social issue that society may or may not be ready to recognize. Doing that also invites the possibility of "backlash". Whenever these activist judges do things like this it's possible that it would lead to "emergency" legislation that would forever block progress in another state.

Werbung:
"Remind me again why we stopped hanging traitors to this country? Because I have to tell ya--if it was to spare the New York Times from losing most of it's writing staff--we need to re-think this!"
Federal Appeals Court Rules California’s Ban on Gay Marriage Is Unconstitutional
A federal appeals court panel ruled Tuesday that a voter-approved ban on gay marriage in California violated the Constitution, all but ensuring that the case will proceed to the United States Supreme Court.
Read More:
http://www.nytimes.com/?emc=na

Back