Does a candidate for president need to show their birth certificate?

I find this kind of interesting. I couldnt log on yesterday, but heard about this on the news. I am a bit confused on the motivation. Is there a school of thought in some circles that thinks an Obama birth certificate will somehow disqualify him from being President? Not born in America(oh wait that was McCain) or is possibly not old enough?
In the name of transparency he should release it if he still has one(mine is long gone).
But...
If Cindy McCain continues to refuse to release her tax returns, I see no reason why Obama not releasing his BC is an issue. I think Americans have a right to know where the first lady's money comes from and what she is invested in.

I think if you are running for president of the United States you should show it. McCain should too. I am mixed with my feelings about spouse’s privacy, it’s probably a good idea for there to be no privacy I guess but that seems so un-American :( I disagree that a candidate for president can say if the other candidate’s wife does not do A B or C I don’t have to do X Y or Z

They should at least have to show their birth certificate! Maybe there is nothing wrong at all with his birth certificate but it should be just a formality if nothing else.

Apparently he was asked by reporters months ago and was told no months ago, I am a bit surprised that I am just hearing about it. And I am (as usual) spittin mad that he wont show it.

Werbung:
This is another unbelievable position. Cindy isn't running for office, yet I still would expect her to release her tax returns. However... this idea that 'well if someone else is doing X, then it's ok for this person to do Y' is a laughable joke!

They are both wrong positions! Two wrong actions doesn't suddenly make them right! It's no wonder we have such lame people running for office when all they have to do is find some ding bat somewhere doing something, and everyone just gives them a pass on what they do!

We excuse everyone in the name of everyone being excused and then complain about corruption in politics. Time for Americans to grow up a bit. Because someone else did it, doesn't make it right.

:eek: I should have read your post before I replied to Bunz, we both used the Y X and Z

:eek:

His candidacy has been very successful at getting people worked up over nothing, as has that of McCain.

Cut to the chase!

What are the real issues, you know, the issues over which the president actually has some influence?

What are the candidates' differences of opinion on those issues?

Are the candidates capable of carrying out their agenda?

Those are the questions we should be asking ourselves, not about lapel pins, or birth certificates.
Sorry but I have to disagree with you about the birth certificate. I am just stunned that anyone would defend his not showing this. It probably is a perfectly fine document legal and all on the up and up. But just for formality sake if the job you are applying for has certain restrictions, like being born in a certain place or being a certain age, if for nothing else the document should be shown.

How hard would it be to show it? A big issue is being made about it but only because he isn’t showing it. An issue easily avoided.

This always amuses me. Ok, so a candidate running for president of the entire nation, refuses to show his birth certificate despite a law requiring that you be a US born citizen. What exactly are the 'people on the right' making up?

The reason for this whole issues is morons starting the rumor he was Born in Kenya...You know to add to his Secret Muslim ....and my new Fav..his real middle name is Mohammad not Hussein ( yes because we know that's a much better middle name )

And as for someone saying McCain shows some reporter it, who cares? I can show a untrained person one saying I am 38, from Florida, and my name is Juan. not that hard to fake. Personaly I have never seen mine, not even sure I have one to see.

But there is no reason to belive he is not a American Citizen who can run for office. Its more games buy hacks on the Right.

at least if they tried to McCain him with Black babies, will not work so well this time....

This is another unbelievable position. Cindy isn't running for office, yet I still would expect her to release her tax returns. However... this idea that 'well if someone else is doing X, then it's ok for this person to do Y' is a laughable joke!

They are both wrong positions! Two wrong actions doesn't suddenly make them right! It's no wonder we have such lame people running for office when all they have to do is find some ding bat somewhere doing something, and everyone just gives them a pass on what they do!

We excuse everyone in the name of everyone being excused and then complain about corruption in politics. Time for Americans to grow up a bit. Because someone else did it, doesn't make it right.

Its basically to make sure that someone does not just give the money to the wife to hide the funds...But I am fairly sure she has actually put her tax records out now anyway so its not a issue. Not that I cared in the first place

I think if you are running for president of the United States you should show it. McCain should too. I am mixed with my feelings about spouse’s privacy, it’s probably a good idea for there to be no privacy I guess but that seems so un-American :( I disagree that a candidate for president can say if the other candidate’s wife does not do A B or C I don’t have to do X Y or Z

They should at least have to show their birth certificate! Maybe there is nothing wrong at all with his birth certificate but it should be just a formality if nothing else.

Apparently he was asked by reporters months ago and was told no months ago, I am a bit surprised that I am just hearing about it. And I am (as usual) spittin mad that he wont show it.

And when he does, you will find something else no doubt....And again, I think in order to run you have to have already proved you can be president when you filed the papers for all legal proof needed. Its not like they check at the door, hey wait are you legal to be President?

who cares?

I once worked a job doing security for 8 bucks an hour and I was required to have a full federal background check - which included the original, or notarized copy of my, Birth Certificate. I don't care who's running for president, they will have the highest level of security clearance in the country and should be properly vetted. Their jobs gonna be worth a lot more than 8 Bucks an hour, its not asking "too much" but a Drug Test might be...

Come to think of it, I had to take a drug test as well... I don't know of ANY politicians being subject to Drug Tests, am I wrong? Perhaps thats where we should start, demanding the same standards for public office that we adhere to out in the actual Public.

BTW, anyone know what brand of Cigarettes Obama smokes??

I once worked a job doing security for 8 bucks an hour and I was required to have a full federal background check - which included the original, or notarized copy of my, Birth Certificate. I don't care who's running for president, they will have the highest level of security clearance in the country and should be properly vetted. Their jobs gonna be worth a lot more than 8 Bucks an hour, its not asking "too much" but a Drug Test might be...

Come to think of it, I had to take a drug test as well... I don't know of ANY politicians being subject to Drug Tests, am I wrong? Perhaps thats where we should start, demanding the same standards for public office that we adhere to out in the actual Public.

BTW, anyone know what brand of Cigarettes Obama smokes??

The only time I ever had to show my birth certificate was when I got my first ID card. My state no longer requires proof of citizenship to get a drivers license, and apparently we can’t fly on planes after this year because our license is not valid.

I did not even have to show it when I applied to foster other peoples children, I did not even have to provide it when I adopted.

Some one wrote in this post they would have to fill out forms to apply for the job of president. What forms? Where are they? And wouldn’t they be public access? If he ever showed his birth certificate for those forms or any other forms no one would be asking to see it. If everything is A OK then why refuse to show it. If he were running for any other job I wouldn’t think he should “have” to show it, but this job yes he should.

I just assumed that everyone did. If any other person was able to run for president without showing it, I wouldn’t like that either.

He said he quit smoking but I would guess Marlboro?

I heard he was on the patch.

If he succeeds in stopping smoking, it will prove he has more willpower than probably 90% of the public, at least the public that is addicted to nicotine.

Now for the real shocker:

The reason Obama doesn't want to show his birth certificate is that he was never born.:eek:

It's true. He was cloned in a secret labratory by mad scientists bent on taking over the world.

Pass it on. Everyone must know.

He was cloned in a secret labratory by mad scientists bent on taking over the world.

I heard about that too... its all been an elaborate scheme by the vast Right Wing Conspiracy to thwart Bill and Hillary from returning to the White House.

Obama is going to pick a Military guy for his VP, the RWC is going to have Obama removed from office after the election and control the country through their Military puppet-head.

Tehee..:D

I do not think it was the right wing conspiracy that started the talk on his birth certificate. From what I have read it was astrologers. They wanted the exact time and date to do an astrological chart for him and he refused to show it, probably those nasty republicans took it from there.

New news about Obama's birth certificate. Nothing his followers will like.

It seems it was made with photoshop. I know I know, what does it matter if he has never shown any one his birth certificate. It matters to me. and when he finally did show it under pressure, online only so no one could actually look at the seal, it seems its not the real deal.

there are more links out there than the ones I posted but its midnight and I figure if someone wanted more they can look for more. :)

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2008/07/atlas-tech-expe.html

http://mediamatters.org/items/200808150001

New news about Obama's birth certificate. Nothing his followers will like.

It seems it was made with photoshop. I know I know, what does it matter if he has never shown any one his birth certificate. It matters to me. and when he finally did show it under pressure, online only so no one could actually look at the seal, it seems its not the real deal.
Well wait a minute here, the first story you posted said it was genuine. The State of Hawaii. This is from your source.
On the August 15 edition of Fox News' Fox & Friends, Jerome Corsi, author of The Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality, claimed that the campaign of Sen. Barack Obama "has a false, fake birth certificate posted on their website." In fact, the Hawaii Department of Health has confirmed that the birth certificate posted online by the Obama campaign is "a valid Hawaii state birth certificate" and has called the speculation about Obama's citizenship "pretty ridiculous."

Does a candidate for president need to show their birth certificate?

Actually can someone be a state senator or a US senator if they have never shown a birth certificate?

I heard a lot today in the news that Obama has never shown his birth certificate. I tried to find out if it was true or not, from what I can find, it is true that he has never shown it. But is that legal? and why on earth would he refuse to show it?

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZTgxZmIwNTg0OWVhMWJkODNmZjI4ZjY4Mjg2OWRmNzI=

Actually if you want to get technical Senator Obama was born in Hawaii one of our great Untied States! It's John McSame that was not born in American.

McSame was actually born in Panama. The only reason he can run is because it was at a US military base in Panama.

Werbung:
Actually if you want to get technical Senator Obama was born in Hawaii one of our great Untied States! It's John McSame that was not born in American.

McSame was actually born in Panama. The only reason he can run is because it was at a US military base in Panama.

Actually you are right, and the wierd thing is if he had been born a few months earlier or something he would not be qualified because that area was in other than us control or something strange.

Back