Glenn back news...or advertising?

read more then...or don't comment

I dont have to read more to know that Rush is not a nazi and that he does not advocate for torture. I listen to his program every day while working so I know what kind of stuff he says.

I read the entire thread/fight about gitmo and nothing was there about our troops killing anyone they held hostage, nothing written about cutting off arms.

Werbung:
Rush is right, ignorance is killing the US...to bad its Him and people like him who are the ones who are ignorant.
Hell....Porky Limbaugh's far from ignorant.

He's gamin' the suckers (Dead-O-Heads)....and, makin' plenty-o'-money doing-so.​

"Rush said that he though most people are incredibly gullible, and he felt that the key to radio programming was to reach that crowd, and that it would be really, really easy. He thought he could get anyone to believe anything he said, and the more outrageous is was, the more they would believe it."

Waterboarding is not torture and the guy was making like we have tortured people in this war to death and we have not, at least i dont know of any.

Nazis did torture and kill, no one denies, no one normal anyways. Bush is not Hitler and Iraq is not Germany and gitmo is not auschwitz.

:eek: WHAT! Of course waterboarding is TORTURE. The United States has even sucsessfully prosecuted people on an international stage for waterboarding Allied troops.

Many have been jailed for doing it... Nazis did it... you really should know this stuff.

Here's a former US Navy Seal and governor stating emphatically that waterboarding IS TORTURE he's had it done to him... and that GITMO is simply an American form of the the Vietnamese Hanoi Hilton.

Well Rush is hurting things for moderate republicans and rino republicans but I am glad for that, many conservatives are.

The man was wrong though, Rush is not a nazi, and he is doing tons for conservatives all over America.

No, Rush is not a Nazi, and calling him one simply made the caller look bad. The rest of what he said, though, was pretty much on, though, and Rush came off looking not like a Nazi, but more like a ranting buffoon.

Rush is doing tons for conservatives? I'm not so sure about that. It seems to me he is doing more for liberals by giving them a voice of unreason to point at and say, "Look, there is the voice of conservatism!"

Rush's advertisers and his commentary don't always match (to get back to the original premise of this thread) as witness the advertiser of furnaces who claimed that we are helping make the world a desert if we continue to use our old "inefficient" furnace and thus contribute to global warming. I'm pretty confident that Rush wouldn't have endorsed that sponsor outside of his five or ten minute commercial break.

:eek: WHAT! Of course waterboarding is TORTURE. The United States has even sucsessfully prosecuted people on an international stage for waterboarding Allied troops.

Many have been jailed for doing it... Nazis did it... you really should know this stuff.

Here's a former US Navy Seal and governor stating emphatically that waterboarding IS TORTURE he's had it done to him... and that GITMO is simply an American form of the the Vietnamese Hanoi Hilton.

We talked about this in another thread that went on and on. I do not think putting water on someone is torture. Cutting off fingers or pulling out fingernails is torture, poking with hot irons, stuff like that.

Rush does not support that

the left calls yelling too much at someone or putting a fuzzy catapilliar on someone torture, its just silly.

He also emphatically believes 911 was an inside job. :rolleyes:

Of course none of this has anything to do with Beck advertising for Goldline... Pocket still doesn't understand that every Beck listener understands that Beck makes money doing commercials for goldline, he freely admits it in every commerical, but not every disciple of Gore understands that he makes millions selling fears of Global Warming and carbon credits... I've never once heard Al Gore preface a Global Warming speech by saying he makes millions of dollars selling people on his idiotic theories, like his scientific gem about the core of the earth being millions of degrees.

PLC gives way too much credit to Beck for driving up the demand for gold. China's demand for gold is the primary driver for golds higher prices, not Becks listenership:

China Increases Gold Reserves 76% to Fifth-Largest
Bloomberg, April 24, 2009:

The nation increased its reserves by 454 tons to 1,054 tons through domestic purchases and refining scrap metal, Hu said in an interview with the Xinhua News Agency today.... The holdings have climbed about sixfold in the past six years as the country had record trade surpluses and inflows of foreign investment. Gold prices have almost tripled to more than $900 an ounce from $337.

Even with Becks 3-5 million listeners, its just not likely their combined gold purchases would be anywhere close to even 1 ton... much less enough tonnage to effect the global gold market.

PLC gives way too much credit to Beck for driving up the demand for gold. China's demand for gold is the primary driver for golds higher prices, not Becks listenership:

I didn't know that about China. That is no doubt a factor as well.

Still, it isn't just Beck that is advertising gold. I see ads on TV and hear them on the radio all the time. The "right wing" sites use the "Obama is ruining the economy, so you'd better be prepared" tack. The others simply point to how much the price has increased in recent years, and tell listeners what a great investment it is.

Remember back in the mid '70s, the price of gold and silver started to increase radically, and investors jumped on the bandwagon then. Some made out quite well, but eventually the price crashed and left a number of investors holding the bag. It turned out that a few wealthy individuals were manipulating the market.

I could be wrong, of course, and the price could go past $2,000 and stay there. The odds are, however, that once the ads stop the price will re adjust and leave investors watching their capital go down once again.

Never underestimate the power of ad campaigns. They sell goods and elect politicians better than any other factor.

Rush came off looking... like a ranting buffoon.
When have you Rush bashers ever thought he wasn't a ranting buffoon? At least Conservatives allow dissenting opinions on their programs, unlike Overbite and the Young Turks, who don't let a dissenting opinion anywhere near their shows.

Rush is doing tons for conservatives?
He does it all with half his brain tied behind his back, just to make it fair.

It seems to me he is doing more for liberals by giving them a voice of unreason to point at and say, "Look, there is the voice of conservatism!"
Consider the source...

Rush's advertisers and his commentary don't always match
Rush advertises for Carbonite, Zycam, Sleep Number, Homedics, Lear Capital and just a couple of others. I think you are confusing the local and regional advertising that takes place during his obscene profit breaks as all being advertisers on Rush's program, when most of the commercials you hear during a break are only advertising with the local station carrying his syndicate show, Rush has no ties to those commercials or the products.

The "right wing" sites use the "Obama is ruining the economy, so you'd better be prepared" tack.
Did you know George Soros is saying the same things? ...So such sentiments are not specific to the "right wing".

You and I both know our government is printing money it doesn't have to fund programs and wars we can't afford. The result is inflation. The only mechanism for curbing inflation, is hiking interest rates but hiking interest rates slows the economy, which leads to less revenue and a need to print even more money. The Fed is in a precarious situation given the weak economy and the massive amount of deficit spending that has taken place, so the "everythings going to be just fine" attitude ignores the dangers we find ourselves facing.

Remember back in the mid '70s, the price of gold and silver started to increase radically, and investors jumped on the bandwagon then. Some made out quite well, but eventually the price crashed and left a number of investors holding the bag.
We were printing money then too, if you remember. As a result, the Fed under the Carter administration hiked interest rates to record highs, which halted inflation but crashed the economy.

It turned out that a few wealthy individuals were manipulating the market.
That's peanuts compared to the way our government manipulates the markets... Only government doesn't make money when manipulating the markets, it only hemorages money from the taxpayers wallet and crashes the economy.

Never underestimate the power of ad campaigns. They sell goods and elect politicians better than any other factor.
That's how we ended up with Obama... He was packaged and sold to the public, now buyers remorse is setting in for many of his supporters.

He also emphatically believes 911 was an inside job. :rolleyes:

He's a former US Navy Seal that's been through the TORTURE proceedure. That's what counts as far as... is it TORTURE or not... a person that's actually been through it. John McCain by the way says the same thing and whenever a Conservative talk slow host like Mancow tries it they say it is TORTURE as well. It's TORTURE dude... plain and simple. It kills me that you guys on the Right really want America to be a TORTURE contry. That as much as anything should show people you guys just can't be trusted in power.

Of course none of this has anything to do with Beck advertising for Goldline... Pocket still doesn't understand that every Beck listener understands that Beck makes money doing commercials for goldline, he freely admits it in every commerical, but not every disciple of Gore understands that he makes millions selling fears of Global Warming and carbon credits... I've never once heard Al Gore preface a Global Warming speech by saying he makes millions of dollars selling people on his idiotic theories, like his scientific gem about the core of the earth being millions of degrees.

Well my response was to Pandora's historically inncorrect statement that waterboarding isn't TORTURE.

As far a Beck hocking gold I say ANYONE that listens to ANYTHING that nutbag says deserves to lose their money.

As far as Gore I'm sure he makes something when he gives a presentation... just like most any person that speaks on a topic would and does. The fact is he's not the scientists or researchers that are compiling the data. He's just the spokesperson for that data. I'm personally damn proud of a former Vice President taking on a good cause.

As far as Glenn Beck goes. It's easy to show he's simply a lying Carnival Barker. He's intentionally dishonest so he can have a show.

There are and have been many different ways to waterboard. The techniqe as the US has done it was specifically designed to not meet the definition of torture. By US law it is not torture. The waterboarding done by others in the past was by definition torture.

First I don't listen to air America so I have no idea what she sells, how or anything.

the problem is when you are on the air, selling a product...but then reporting the news as well...when that news Directly impacts sales....IS Randy Rhodes doing reports in her show about Flowers and beds? and not saying she is paid for them? but doing it as part of a news artical? then yes that is wrong...

And Glenn is on his show, pushing for econ news and pushing people that the econ is so bad they should buy gold...and I guess its odd I think the people should have the right to know that he is paid by a gold company and have a vested interest in his opinions in that regard.

Since Beck is not a reporter and we have been told here that he says all the time he is not a reporter then you should have no problem with that. I have only seen beck two or three times and the last time I specifically heard him say that he was not a reporter - just a dad.

So which reporters support commercial products in their programs? It has been a while since I thought about it but the last I remember the tv news channels had all commercials during non news programming. All newspapers on the other hand include ads.

Werbung:
When have you Rush bashers ever thought he wasn't a ranting buffoon? At least Conservatives allow dissenting opinions on their programs, unlike Overbite and the Young Turks, who don't let a dissenting opinion anywhere near their shows.

I can think of very few times I've listened to Rush Limbaugh and not thought he sounded like a ranting buffoon.

If conservatives allow dissenting opinions on their programs, then Rush must not be a real conservative after all.

He does it all with half his brain tied behind his back, just to make it fair.
Which does explain a lot. Maybe it's time he untied that half and let it work.

Consider the source...

Yes, I believe that the source is the POTUS himself, who called Rush the voice of the Republican party, or some such thing. Why would he say that, I wonder, hmmm....

Rush advertises for Carbonite, Zycam, Sleep Number, Homedics, Lear Capital and just a couple of others. I think you are confusing the local and regional advertising that takes place during his obscene profit breaks as all being advertisers on Rush's program, when most of the commercials you hear during a break are only advertising with the local station carrying his syndicate show, Rush has no ties to those commercials or the products.

I'm sure that's right. I just thought it was ironically funny to hear an ad claiming that their product will stop global warming being advertised on the program of the chief denier of global warming.

Back