i am depressed.

Gen did not ask me to post that. I just happen to know you are on his ignore list so I took it upon myself to post it. I even took the time to find sites you normally would accept. NYTimes and MSNBC.
OH...my,my,my...I'm just sooo crushed that the all mighty self anointed one put me on his ignore list.

Not surprising really, he just hates to be proven wrong and that sends his perfect world into 'HELTER SKELTER'...but then he "ALWAYS" has his minion's to do his work for him...and you are so qualified for that roll! Carry on little cheerleader...don't forget to clean up those little particles that you leave behind;) BTW...I THOUGHT YOU WEREN'T TALKING/POSTING TO ME SINCE YOU HAVE 'ISSUES' :cool:

Werbung:
Gen did not ask me to post that. I just happen to know you are on his ignore list so I took it upon myself to post it. I even took the time to find sites you normally would accept. NYTimes and MSNBC.

Thanks for the effort Panda. I had no idea what your earlier post was about but now that you've quoted ASPCA, I can see the reference. My apologies to you for having to endure ASPCA's abuse on my account.

ASPCA, from your article:

By 5-4 vote, the court overturned federal laws, in effect for decades, that prevented corporations from using their profits to buy political campaign ads. The decision, which almost certainly will also allow labor unions to participate more freely in campaigns

As I have been saying, this decision doesn't tip the scales in the direction of the corporations, it keeps the playing field level between corporations and unions. Both now have more freedom to push for the election of candidates they support. I don't know of a single union that doesn't support Democrats in every election, so if anyone is getting a unfair advantage by this ruling, its the left.

Too many seem to be convinced that Money=Votes but I've yet to see where this has merit. There are too many cases of candidates being outspent 2-1 and even 5-1 but still manage to win the election.

Corporations don't pay taxes huh? If you are talking about the ones that didn't make any money, then yea, they probably did not pay some taxes.

All of these reports that claim companies do not pay taxes count the sales of a company and then look at the tax bill. This is entirely misleading, since companies pay taxes on profit, not on sales.

I was talking about one of the other threads that said they don't

OH...my,my,my...I'm just sooo crushed that the all mighty self anointed one put me on his ignore list.

Not surprising really, he just hates to be proven wrong and that sends his perfect world into 'HELTER SKELTER'...but then he "ALWAYS" has his minion's to do his work for him...and you are so qualified for that roll! Carry on little cheerleader...don't forget to clean up those little particles that you leave behind;) BTW...I THOUGHT YOU WEREN'T TALKING/POSTING TO ME SINCE YOU HAVE 'ISSUES' :cool:

So when Gen puts you on ignore he is by your view "the all mighty self anointed one " but when you put others on ignore then post about how great it is that you have the ignore option to put those you dont like on ignore.... what exactly does that make you in your own view:confused:

And yes I would like to not talk or post to you and I have not except when you directly post to me. So stop posting to me and I will be happy not to post back to you

Thanks for the effort Panda. I had no idea what your earlier post was about but now that you've quoted ASPCA, I can see the reference. My apologies to you for having to endure ASPCA's abuse on my account.

ASPCA, from your article:

As I have been saying, this decision doesn't tip the scales in the direction of the corporations, it keeps the playing field level between corporations and unions. Both now have more freedom to push for the election of candidates they support. I don't know of a single union that doesn't support Democrats in every election, so if anyone is getting a unfair advantage by this ruling, its the left.

Too many seem to be convinced that Money=Votes but I've yet to see where this has merit. There are too many cases of candidates being outspent 2-1 and even 5-1 but still manage to win the election.

I guess I should not have posted the websites. I was careful not to post it directly to anyone.. just wanted the info out there.

oh well, next time I wont bother

Mogur - Do you work for one of those depressing corporations?

Don't get depressed by a crazy thought.

You should be depressed by the real pain and unemployment Obama is inflicting on your fellow citizens instead. That would make more sense at least.

Not surprising really, he just hates to be proven wrong and that sends his perfect world into 'HELTER SKELTER'...but then he "ALWAYS" has his minion's to do his work for him...and you are so qualified for that roll! Carry on little cheerleader...don't forget to clean up those little particles that you leave behind - ASPCA
It was either put you on ignore or report your abusive posts. We've had conversations that were quite pleasent but too often you resort to personal attacks, like you have with panda, and I would prefer to only speak with people who are respectful in their dealings with others.

It was either put you on ignore or report your abusive posts. We've had conversations that were quite pleasent but too often you resort to personal attacks, like you have with panda, and I would prefer to only speak with people who are respectful in their dealings with others.
Oh, yes Ole Exalted one...just like how you both disrespected and defamed Agnapostate so horribly...seems you set the bar as high as 'YOU' want to and then 'SLIDE' under it anytime it suits your desire to vent your spleen...JEEZ LOUISE you to are a perfect fit! :D

just like how you both disrespected and defamed Agnapostate so horribly...
I did no such thing. So that others know what you're referencing in an attempt to smear my good name... I asked Agna a question regarding his topic about removing age restrictions on sex, I wanted to know if he really did think adults should be allowed to have sex with children - He answered by saying it was fine as long as the children were not physically hurt or taken advantage of in the process.

seems you set the bar as high as 'YOU' want to and then 'SLIDE' under it anytime it suits your desire to vent your spleen...JEEZ LOUISE you to are a perfect fit!
You are off my ignore list. I do hope that we can have pleasent exchanges from now on but in case we do not, I want you to know that the next time you make an abusive post, I will report it.

Seems fair if they have to pay taxes like an individual then corporations should have the same rights as individuals.

If people stop trying to tax them I jump on board to not let them have freedom of speech.

we cant smack it to them from both ends and say you owe taxes like all Americans but you dont have a say or free speech to advocate your point of view like all Americans.

Free speech is one thing but let's be honest. As an individual do I get the same kind of treatment and consideration as the corporations and unions? Do any of us? Let's be honest about this because while I agree they have every right to contribute to campaigns however they are treated differently from the rest of us. Like for example. Did any single American get a Corporate Bail out within the last two years? Did any of us go to the Federal Government with hat in hand and say "Hey if you don't bail us out, the Economy of not only this country but of the entire world will be effected". What it boils down to is that make the same rules that apply to us apply to the Corporations and the Unions as well. You mentioned how Corporations pay taxes like the rest of and your right they do, however they are treated differently from the rest of us. All I can say about this Supreme Court decision is that the little guy's voice will be drowned out by both the Unions and the Corporations. How many of us have the kind of money both of these entities have at their disposal?

Seems fair if they have to pay taxes like an individual then corporations should have the same rights as individuals.

If people stop trying to tax them I jump on board to not let them have freedom of speech.

we cant smack it to them from both ends and say you owe taxes like all Americans but you dont have a say or free speech to advocate your point of view like all Americans.

It's not about freedom of speech. It's about the high courts 100 year precedent that rightly held that the individual should not be shut out by those in high places holding the huge coffers of cash.

What just happened (and pubbies are too giddy too see just yet) is that now corporations don't just influence Washington... they control Washington. You and I just got put further behind the 8 ball and lobbyists just got handed a bigger stick to beat people like you & I with.

I understand the Republicans right now see this as to their advantage because they have a lot of corporate donors. But they should be very careful what you wish for. I imagine when the inevitable say Green technologies really take off and spread like wildfire like computer technology did or any number of other businesses decide they are best served by the Democrats and all of that corporate money along with the now equally unregulated Union money goes then to Democrats... oops may well be the Republican word of the day.
;)

All this ruling does is allow both sides, if you can believe it, to run even more erroneous smear ads on TV now then they even did before.

And this should also be brought up in new legislation.

If a corporation is "a person" with these quasi free speech rights... then there might also be grounds for Congress to strip away the corporate protections that corporations now enjoy but regular Joe Citizen doesn't. It might be nice if an oil company is involved in a negligent oil spill that the newly recognised "corporate people" just like any other "person" could have THEIR personal property attached and not just their corporate holdings.

All I can say about this Supreme Court decision is that the little guy's voice will be drowned out by both the Unions and the Corporations. How many of us have the kind of money both of these entities have at their disposal?
Corporations and unions only spend what they do on elections because they can get back more than they invest by way of political favors.

If you don't like corporate welfare, bailouts for those "too big to fail" and special political treatment going to unions and corporations, then you should consider Capitalism.

Capitalism calls for a separation of economy and state, corporations and unions would not be allowed to get welfare or bailouts and no matter how much they spend on an election, their guy couldn't reward them with legislative favors once in office.

Corporations and unions only spend what they do on elections because they can get back more than they invest by way of political favors.

If you don't like corporate welfare, bailouts for those "too big to fail" and special political treatment going to unions and corporations, then you should consider Capitalism.

Capitalism calls for a separation of economy and state, corporations and unions would not be allowed to get welfare or bailouts and no matter how much they spend on an election, their guy couldn't reward them with legislative favors once in office.

Well it's too late for that. I mean I can't think of one politician in this entire country who has gotten something from either a Corporation or a Union in regards to money for his/her campaign. So all of them will owe a favor in return for that cash. Your right the only way to fix this is to have trust in Capitalism but you know what Gen. How can we when the status quo still remains the same? Sen. Brown won his election with the help of a grassroots movement but how long will that last? He's a politician and can talk a good game like the rest of them. Hell even some conservatives have doubt's about him already because of silly comments he made on election night after his victory. Remains to be seen. Thank you for you response:)

Free speech is one thing but let's be honest. As an individual do I get the same kind of treatment and consideration as the corporations and unions? Do any of us? Let's be honest about this because while I agree they have every right to contribute to campaigns however they are treated differently from the rest of us. Like for example. Did any single American get a Corporate Bail out within the last two years? Did any of us go to the Federal Government with hat in hand and say "Hey if you don't bail us out, the Economy of not only this country but of the entire world will be effected". What it boils down to is that make the same rules that apply to us apply to the Corporations and the Unions as well. You mentioned how Corporations pay taxes like the rest of and your right they do, however they are treated differently from the rest of us. All I can say about this Supreme Court decision is that the little guy's voice will be drowned out by both the Unions and the Corporations. How many of us have the kind of money both of these entities have at their disposal?

I do not agree with bail outs at all. My family owns wheat fields and in the past the government paid them not to grow anything, and I did not agree with that either.

But it does not seem fair to me for corporations to be forced to pay taxes either, and it really really does not seem fair to me for them to be forced to pay taxes yet have no voice to advocate their side of the argument.

I dont think their voice will downed out my voice. I am free to tune them out and if I agree because they are bigger or better off than me so they should have no voice, someone with less than me could give the same argument that I amd drowning them out and should be silent too...

Werbung:
I do not agree with bail outs at all. My family owns wheat fields and in the past the government paid them not to grow anything, and I did not agree with that either.

But it does not seem fair to me for corporations to be forced to pay taxes either, and it really really does not seem fair to me for them to be forced to pay taxes yet have no voice to advocate their side of the argument.

I dont think their voice will downed out my voice. I am free to tune them out and if I agree because they are bigger or better off than me so they should have no voice, someone with less than me could give the same argument that I amd drowning them out and should be silent too...

I agree bail-outs do suck. Then again, would any of us complain of we got a bail out to help with our own personal debt we accumulated over the years? I guess one could only wish right?

Back