i am depressed.

I agree bail-outs do suck. Then again, would any of us complain of we got a bail out to help with our own personal debt we accumulated over the years? I guess one could only wish right?

Well some do.

Our state is trying to pass 2 new taxes, one on "the rich" and another on corporatons to fund government workers PERS and raises.

I will get raises if it passes and my PERS will be safe (so they say) I still voted no

and when government paid our family not to grow wheat, I thought it was wrong and spoke against it.

I know others who would too but you are right not many do and thats a good reason for Corporations to have some kind of voice. most people would be happy to tax them at 90 percent if they figured it wouldnt cost them anything.

Werbung:
Your right the only way to fix this is to have trust in Capitalism
We need to implement Capitalist Reforms to bring about Capitalism. Getting people to trust capitalism is a first step in that process but it's certainly an uphill battle given the misinformation about Capitalism.

would any of us complain of we got a bail out to help with our own personal debt
I have no personal debt, so I would be one of the "lucky" people who's fiscal responsibility would be "rewarded" by forcing me to pay for the financial woes of other people.

Thank you for you response
My pleasure, welcome to the HOP.

Originally Posted by ASPCA4EVER
seems you set the bar as high as 'YOU' want to and then 'SLIDE' under it anytime it suits your desire to vent your spleen...JEEZ LOUISE you to are a perfect fit!
GenSeneca: You are off my ignore list. I do hope that we can have pleasent exchanges from now on but in case we do not, I want you to know that the next time you make an abusive post, I will report it.
Threats/trolling/and acting like you're better than the moderators...yep, that is your true FORTE. Your self-exposure has been a eye opening experience and I'm so glad that you've done that on your own! :D

When battering men beat their wives, part of their strategy is to place a veil of depression over her head...to suggest the idea even :cool: because he knows that a depressed woman will not fight back.

In the political arena, people are too pissed off to consider depression. Better luck next time.
:rolleyes:

BTW...MOGUR...good to see you back! That last post of yours was sounding rather...well lets just say it seemed to be the alcohol talking

Duh, yes it was. Sorry, ASPCA4EVER. I do that alot now that I'm retired. If I offended you in some way, I am REALLY sorry. Please accept my apology, and don't make me re-read my stupid, drunken posts. I tried to apologize to you in a PM, but alas, as deserved, I was banned. Anyway, take care, my friend. I just want the best for us. As you do.

Duh, yes it was. Sorry, ASPCA4EVER. I do that alot now that I'm retired. If I offended you in some way, I am REALLY sorry. Please accept my apology, and don't make me re-read my stupid, drunken posts. I tried to apologize to you in a PM, but alas, as deserved, I was banned. Anyway, take care, my friend. I just want the best for us. As you do.
LMAO...you didn't offend me in anyway...I was laughing my arse off just reading your honest posts about your being 'BUZZED' while posting. And then you just disappeared for a couple of days. I'll unblock you from sending me a personal PM...I had to set up my profile that way in order to quit getting the plethora of snippy/whine arsed PM's from a BIB and it worked quite effectively :cool:

BTW...you've got a real cool looking avatar...don't you want to unlock it so everyone can see you?

Mogur - Do you work for one of those depressing corporations?

Don't get depressed by a crazy thought.

You should be depressed by the real pain and unemployment Obama is inflicting on your fellow citizens instead. That would make more sense at least.

You shouldn't use the word depressing if you want to try and smear President Obama.

It only reminds everyone that we have been in the midst of the Bush Recession/Depression (greatest economic downturn since The Great Depression).

You shouldn't use the word depressing if you want to try and smear President Obama.

It only reminds everyone that we have been in the midst of the Bush Recession/Depression (greatest economic downturn since The Great Depression).

Your guy said he had a plan, that he wanted the job.

Its gotten worse since and because he implemented his plan allowing it to more closely approach that benchmark.

Your guy said he had a plan, that he wanted the job.

Its gotten worse since and because he implemented his plan allowing it to more closely approach that benchmark.

REALLY..."his plan"...all I've been hearing lately is how 'HE' has been doing nothing but pushing the G.W.B. mentality around and has just kept that ILK/MIND SET forging ahead...so I really wish that you 'PEOPLE' would make up your mind...because regardless of what our President has tried/is trying/will try it appears that there is a NO WIN SOLUTION TO GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO MAKE YOU HAPPY;)

Is making you 'HAPPY' even an achievable thing...would it matter who was sitting in that oval office...I think NOT!

REALLY..."his plan"...all I've been hearing lately is how 'HE' has been doing nothing but pushing the G.W.B. mentality around and has just kept that ILK/MIND SET forging ahead...so I really wish that you 'PEOPLE' would make up your mind...because regardless of what our President has tried/is trying/will try it appears that there is a NO WIN SOLUTION TO GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO MAKE YOU HAPPY;)

Is making you 'HAPPY' even an achievable thing...would it matter who was sitting in that oval office...I think NOT!

He has adopted some aspects of Dubya's counterterrorism and Iraq / Afghanistan and some aspects of the TARP program. He has made other moves that are his alone which have not gone well.

But the "Stimulus" was his and his alone. That was his plan and its been a disaster by any standard.

How about putting Americans back to work ? I'd be delighted to see that.

Trouble is Obama will not do whats necessary for that, rather do things that can only dampen whatever would happen naturally.

He has adopted some aspects of Dubya's counterterrorism and Iraq / Afghanistan and some aspects of the TARP program. He has made other moves that are his alone which have not gone well.

But the "Stimulus" was his and his alone. That was his plan and its been a disaster by any standard.

How about putting Americans back to work ? I'd be delighted to see that.

Trouble is Obama will not do whats necessary for that, rather do things that can only dampen whatever would happen naturally.
Kinda of reminds me of the Katrina disaster: blame the dikes that failed/blame the hurricane driven winds/blame the amount of high tides due to the hurricane winds...but what ever the reason the water flooded the area and people died.

The economy was on the skids and the ripple affect was already started: how best to stop the banks from failing {according to the previous administration} so they all took steps to prevent that...but just how far was the tidal wave of the ripple affect going to keep rolling across this country before it stops...WHO THE HELL KNEW - NOBODY all they had were guesses and estimates and a whole hell of a lot of hypotheticals.

I along with many in my area/region wish/hope/need it to get better quick...we feel the direct impact upon our schools...but I don't have the quick fix solution...sure wish I did!

Werbung:
Kinda of reminds me of the Katrina disaster: blame the dikes that failed/blame the hurricane driven winds/blame the amount of high tides due to the hurricane winds...but what ever the reason the water flooded the area and people died.

The economy was on the skids and the ripple affect was already started: how best to stop the banks from failing {according to the previous administration} so they all took steps to prevent that...but just how far was the tidal wave of the ripple affect going to keep rolling across this country before it stops...WHO THE HELL KNEW - NOBODY all they had were guesses and estimates and a whole hell of a lot of hypotheticals.

I along with many in my area/region wish/hope/need it to get better quick...we feel the direct impact upon our schools...but I don't have the quick fix solution...sure wish I did!

Obama was very involved in TARP bailouts and the rest and said he had a plan. He did not evn have a clue.

We both hope for a return of jobs. Every month we fall further behind is nothing but more misery.

Back