Illegal alien "public service ad

Libsmasher

On one of the hispanic LA TV stations, I saw two hispanics representing Maldef, a large hispanic organization. They were telling illegal aliens how to get admitted to california universities, and pointing out that the california schools will charge them in-state tuition. First, the nerve of this. Isn't this aiding and abetting criminals? If you are an illegal alien, you will pay one fifth the tuition as american citizens from another state. Outrage piled on outrage.

Werbung:
The federal government requires universities that knowingly offer in-state tuition rates to illegal aliens also to offer in-state rates to all native-born Americans (in-state and out-of-state). Schools that fail to comply can lose all federal funding.

But it's not actually illegal to assist illegal immigrants; churches and stuff do it all the time. Recall that was one of the big reasons the putative anti-illegal bill failed a few years back.

The federal government requires universities that knowingly offer in-state tuition rates to illegal aliens also to offer in-state rates to all native-born Americans (in-state and out-of-state). Schools that fail to comply can lose all federal funding.

But it's not actually illegal to assist illegal immigrants; churches and stuff do it all the time. Recall that was one of the big reasons the putative anti-illegal bill failed a few years back.

I'm confused about that - eg UCLA admits illegals all the time, and california universities have a history of lawlessness - eg ignoring the california proposition that was passed by the people prohibiting racial discrimination by universities. And I don't see why MALDEF would want to mislead illegals - they made a big deal about how they could get in-state tuition and how great it was compared to out of state tuition.

Well, they can get in-state tuition if the schools are offering it to them, which they are, so technically MALDEF isn't misleading anyone.

As for the schools themselves, they can only be taken to task over it if there is someone willing to take them to task over it. And what President since Eisenhower has really been willing to take a hard line on the enforcement of immigration laws?

so what you are saying is, you think its illegal for them to tell them something that legally they can do? Take up the issue of that they can, not that someone told them about it.

I am fine with them getting in state U prices. so long as they are paying all taxes due to anyone else working in the state at the same time.

so what you are saying is, you think its illegal for them to tell them something that legally they can do?

Read threads before you jump in - as has already been pointed out - it's ILLEGAL for them to receive instate tuition - it's a violation of federal law.

I am fine with them getting in state U prices. so long as they are paying all taxes due to anyone else working in the state at the same time.

Duhhhhhhhh - but they or their parents don't - lots of illegal aliens work off the books - their employers pay them in cash because it's illegal for their employers to employ them.

See what the democrat sponsored illegal alien tsunami has done? make lawbreakers out of universities and employers - this country is turning into a banana republic where there is no respect for the rule of law. What libs don't get is that when they wantonly and publicly ignore the law, the rule of law is damaged because many people say "OK, let's see what I can get away with."

Read threads before you jump in - as has already been pointed out - it's ILLEGAL for them to receive instate tuition - it's a violation of federal law.

Duhhhhhhhh - but they or their parents don't - lots of illegal aliens work off the books - their employers pay them in cash because it's illegal for their employers to employ them.

See what the democrat sponsored illegal alien tsunami has done? make lawbreakers out of universities and employers - this country is turning into a banana republic where there is no respect for the rule of law. What libs don't get is that when they wantonly and publicly ignore the law, the rule of law is damaged because many people say "OK, let's see what I can get away with."

I'm sorry did you just say that Dems "make" employers Hire Illegals and pay then cash under the table? really Funny I thought it was a choice by Companies who want cheap labor vs to follow the law.

Also am I the only one who thinks its odd how many on the Right Cry about Illegals, but are the same ones pissed Elian Gonzalez was sent back to his home with his dad? I am sure as soon as they tried to put him in a public school they would have cried about it though.....

Maybe they should start sneaking into Cuba and then to the US< then Republicans will love them.

I'm sorry did you just say that Dems "make" employers Hire Illegals and pay then cash under the table? really Funny I thought it was a choice by Companies who want cheap labor vs to follow the law.

I am pretty sure no where in his quote did he say that...

Also am I the only one who thinks its odd how many on the Right Cry about Illegals, but are the same ones pissed Elian Gonzalez was sent back to his home with his dad? I am sure as soon as they tried to put him in a public school they would have cried about it though.....

Maybe they should start sneaking into Cuba and then to the US< then Republicans will love them.

I was pissed about him. I was glad when he got sent back. You cannot compare the two scenarios anyway because one is a Communist government that the US gives asylum to the refugees and the other situation is someone who has simply came over here illegally and not requested asylum.

Libs have set up the conditions for everyone to be corrupted by letting in 20 million illegals. All clear now? :rolleyes:

Probably you are - I would guess EVERYONE can tell the difference between one six year old political refugee from a communist country, and 20 million economic refugees. Not libs - they send 150 jack-booted police after the one - and welcome the 20 million with open arms.

I am pretty sure no where in his quote did he say that...

I was pissed about him. I was glad when he got sent back. You cannot compare the two scenarios anyway because one is a Communist government that the US gives asylum to the refugees and the other situation is someone who has simply came over here illegally and not requested asylum.

actually I can, because you know what, I don't care that you don't like your communist Government...People don't like the horribly Corrupt Mexican one as well. Sorry but I don't shed more tears for your hard life because you Had to be in Cuba. Mexico was not even a Democracy until the mid 1990's and is still today in many parts a drug running wast-land that the government cant protect its people or provide jobs. Given a choice, I would take Cuba over Mexico unless you count the Americanized tourist spots on the the Gulf.

Werbung:
actually I can, because you know what, I don't care that you don't like your communist Government...People don't like the horribly Corrupt Mexican one as well. Sorry but I don't shed more tears for your hard life because you Had to be in Cuba. Mexico was not even a Democracy until the mid 1990's and is still today in many parts a drug running wast-land that the government cant protect its people or provide jobs. Given a choice, I would take Cuba over Mexico unless you count the Americanized tourist spots on the the Gulf.

I do not shed tears for them either. But the government recognizes (and has for many Presidents) that people from Cuba are refugees not immigrants. It is a different set of circumstances (not because of reality) but because of the US governments position regarding the matter. Therefore the two countries are treated differently.

Back