New Harris Poll shows Palin with 48% of the vote.

I'll never understand the Palin phenomenon. I went to hear her give a speech a couple of years ago in a neighboring town because some friends of mine were huge Palin supporters and they wanted to bring me over to their way of thinking. I went because I thought that there was no way that Palin was as vacuous as the media made her out to be.

She gave an 18 minute speech. My friends thought that it was an awesome speech, but I left thinking that the media had actually been kind to her. The entire 18 minutes was nothing but one liners attacking Obama, and tired cliches. I was really disappointed, but there's no doubt that she has a sizable following, I just don't understand why. Maybe it has a lot more to do with dissatisfaction with the status-quo then it has to do with Palin personally.

Werbung:
I'll never understand the Palin phenomenon. I went to hear her give a speech a couple of years ago in a neighboring town because some friends of mine were huge Palin supporters and they wanted to bring me over to their way of thinking. I went because I thought that there was no way that Palin was as vacuous as the media made her out to be.

She gave an 18 minute speech. My friends thought that it was an awesome speech, but I left thinking that the media had actually been kind to her. The entire 18 minutes was nothing but one liners attacking Obama, and tired cliches. I was really disappointed, but there's no doubt that she has a sizable following, I just don't understand why. Maybe it has a lot more to do with dissatisfaction with the status-quo then it has to do with Palin personally.

Did you really expect to hear anything intelligent from a speaker at a political rally?

Did you really expect to hear anything intelligent from a speaker at a political rally?

That's not the point. The point was that my friends went to that same event and thought that they had heard her say something intelligent. They thought she was great. I didn't expect anything great out of her but I did expect more than I heard.

That's not the point. The point was that my friends went to that same event and thought that they had heard her say something intelligent. They thought she was great. I didn't expect anything great out of her but I did expect more than I heard.

Fair enough.

At least Huckabee is gone - smart to enough to quit :D Narrows down the ship of fools I have to choose from.

I agree about Palin, not a single thing that makes her qualified for the White House. I think a certain group of people like her, and another group (like me), who think she is a complete idiot. Very few "in-between-ers".

At least Huckabee is gone - smart to enough to quit :D Narrows down the ship of fools I have to choose from.

I agree about Palin, not a single thing that makes her qualified for the White House. I think a certain group of people like her, and another group (like me), who think she is a complete idiot. Very few "in-between-ers".

Oh, I don't think she's a complete idiot.

There are quite a few parts missing.

Seriously, Palin is not a dummy. She's poised, articulate, and shows a lot of moxie. She's not competent to be President, of course, but then, who among those running is?

No one in their right mind wants to be president of the US, which tells us something about people who do want to be.

Doesn't it?

Werbung:
Okay, that's unfair. Obviously she appeals to some people - and I should reserve the word idiot for people to whom it accurately applies.

She is incompetent to serve as President of the United States.

Back