Obama to cut military health care.

We are giving more -free - healthcare to illegal immigrants, but cutting health care for our vets.

That is not acceptable. Not at all.

When you smoke you're opium do you tend to nod in and out or do you pretty much just stay in this incoherent dreamland state?:D

Werbung:
Nancy Pelosi :

I'm pleased to announce that we have some good news. Over the past several days, President Obama has listened to the genuine concerns expressed by veterans' leaders and veterans' service organizations regarding the option of billing service connected to veterans' insurance companies.

Based on the respect that President Obama has for our nation's veterans and the principled concerns expressed by veterans' leaders, the President has made the decision that the combat-wounded veterans should not be billed through their insurance policies for combat-related injuries.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs:

The President has consistently stated that he is committed to working with veterans on the details of the 2010 VA Budget Proposal. The President demonstrated his deep commitment to veterans by proposing the largest increase in the VA budget in 30 years and calling VSO and MSO leaders into the White House for an unprecedented meeting to discuss various aspects of the budget proposal. In considering the third party billing issue, the administration was seeking to maximize the resources available for veterans; however, the President listened to concerns raised by the VSOs that this might, under certain circumstances, affect veterans and their families' ability to access health care. Therefore, the President has instructed that its consideration be dropped. The President wants to continue a constructive partnership with the VSOs and MSOs and is grateful to those VSOs and MSOs who have worked in good faith with him on the budget proposal.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...-veterans-for-service-related-health-care.php

I noticed your post was what Pelosi said and you did not add anything yourself. How do you feel about him "considering" doing this?

I am assuming you did not like it and that is why you waited a while to add to the post and why you just put in Pelosi's words. I could be wrong but I dont think I am.

I really do want to know what you think of it personally.

So maybe you should quit smoking opium then

Obviously from your posts I was under the impression you were hitting the pipe. But I guess it's possible like your Lord & Master Druggie Limbaugh you may just be of the mean spirited, disinformation persuasion.:D

If there was a National Healthcare System that would cover EVERY AMERICAN... Veterans are Americans!;) You wouldn't need a bunch of separate entities.

Believe me after the way the Pubbies did everything from not armoring Humvees, to lack of body armor, to vehemently opposing the GI Bill, to sending our brave wounded soldiers to rehab at run down, rat trap, mold covered medical facilities...

President Obama and this administration will seem like the difference between DARTH CHENEY and the JEDI!

Obviously from your posts I was under the impression you were hitting the pipe. But I guess it's possible like your Lord & Master Druggie Limbaugh you may just be of the mean spirited, disinformation persuasion.:D

If there was a National Healthcare System that would cover EVERY AMERICAN... Veterans are Americans!;) You wouldn't need a bunch of separate entities.

Believe me after the way the Pubbies did everything from not armoring Humvees, to lack of body armor, to vehemently opposing the GI Bill, to sending our brave wounded soldiers to rehab at run down, rat trap, mold covered medical facilities...

President Obama and this administration will seem like the difference between DARTH CHENEY and the JEDI!

But how do you feel about the fact he was "considering" doing this?

High ranking libs did not like it at all, I wonder how you felt about it ?

There is no way it will work. We are going to spend all this time and money replacing a system that can be fixed with one that won't work for 15% of the population.

That's like tearing down 100 new homes and rebuilding them because 15 of them have problems.

I am not against fixing issues in our system, mainly caused by corruption, waste and fraud.

A universal health care system will ultimately lead to rationing medicine and the govt will then get to choose who gets treated, when they get treated, and what meds.

As soon as somone can no longer pay into the system to keep it going, that group will be the one's who will get left out. Usually that is the elderly.

Again, my words, fix the current system fraud, waste, and corruption. Do not try to establish a new system.

I would think that the Republicans must have liked the proposal a lot, or at least liked the fact that Obama made it. Why?

Don't Republicans like anything that discredits Obama?

so far sounds like a bunch of people *****ing that he is considering something...but with no details on if he even thinking its like or what that actual plan would be...in other words, your pissed about something that you have no details on, and don't may not even be the option he would pick.

I would think that the Republicans must have liked the proposal a lot, or at least liked the fact that Obama made it. Why?

Don't Republicans like anything that discredits Obama?

No not really, I understand you dont like republicans and think the absolute worst of them but it seems you would know that republicans are very pro military and protect it and its best interests. Why on earth would they want the military treated this way, even if it hurts obama its not worth treating them badly.

Really it wont hurt obama that much, the people that adore obama hate the military so screwing them over was probably a plus and now they extra adore obama.

It would only hurt him with swing voters and they are not worth hurting the military.

No not really, I understand you dont like republicans and think the absolute worst of them but it seems you would know that republicans are very pro military and protect it and its best interests. Why on earth would they want the military treated this way, even if it hurts obama its not worth treating them badly.

Really it wont hurt obama that much, the people that adore obama hate the military so screwing them over was probably a plus and now they extra adore obama.

It would only hurt him with swing voters and they are not worth hurting the military.

if you wanted to treat them well, not reelecting Bush would haev been a smart idea...

republicans love the troops so much they will lie to send them to die.

This is all just talk.

The Obama administration is one that listens and considers many ideas and points of view. It seems unfair to not wait until there's and actual policy decision... look at the pros & cons of that... and then form an informed opinion about the actual proposal.

I do go back to a few fundamental broad spectrum points though:

Heathcare in America on all levels needs repair and I believe it's reasonable to look at National Healthcare because it not only covers everybody but it also makes US businesses more competitive due to the fact many of our international competitors have some form of subsidized heathcare.

Secondly... For as long as I can remember I've heard really nothing much but negative comments about the VA Hospital system. And I've heard that from friends & family that have actually used it. And we've all seen pictures of and investigations of some really bad VA facilities.

Bottom line: Let's see what actual proposal comes forward for legislative action and how this is all tied together with our overall heathcare reform before we make judgments.

If I think it's not going to be better... I will of course say so.

As soon as somone can no longer pay into the system to keep it going, that group will be the one's who will get left out. Usually that is the elderly.

Yeah you know how those Democrats are always trying to stop heathcare for the elderly. Just like how they fought against and have ever since tried to scuttle Social Security & Medicare for American senior citizens...........

Oh wait.............. It's the REPUBLICANT PARTY that has always done all that obstructionist & attempted scuttling stuff. My bad!!!

This is all just talk.

The Obama administration is one that listens and considers many ideas and points of view. It seems unfair to not wait until there's and actual policy decision... look at the pros & cons of that... and then form an informed opinion about the actual proposal.

I do go back to a few fundamental broad spectrum points though:

Heathcare in America on all levels needs repair and I believe it's reasonable to look at National Healthcare because it not only covers everybody but it also makes US businesses more competitive due to the fact many of our international competitors have some form of subsidized heathcare.

Secondly... For as long as I can remember I've heard really nothing much but negative comments about the VA Hospital system. And I've heard that from friends & family that have actually used it. And we've all seen pictures of and investigations of some really bad VA facilities.

Bottom line: Let's see what actual proposal comes forward for legislative action and how this is all tied together with our overall heathcare reform before we make judgments.

If I think it's not going to be better... I will of course say so.

My dad is a vet and he loves the VA hospitals. He could go on for hours telling you all the great things they have done for him and are still currently doing for him. All the vets I know have good things to say about them. I do hear negative stuff too but only on TV and usually by vets who are Dems. I would assume the vet hospitals vary in quality? My dad used the vet’s office in Tulsa and now in Omaha and loves them both.

I think there is much more to it than "The Obama administration is one that listens and considers many ideas " It was obama who presented this plan to change the health care and his reason was to save money. The vets met with him and expressed to him it was a bad idea, at the end of the meetings obama did not seemed to have been swayed, only after outcry did he agree to drop the idea. So its not exactly like you are saying.

My question to you is this...

Do you think that it was the right program to cut to save money or do you think he should focus on other programs to cut to save money?

I think you and I agree (at least I hope) that we do need to cut something to save some money, but the question is...... was the vets the place to start? Hell for that matter, should the vets be in the list at all no matter how far down.

Werbung:

You misunderstand me, and misunderstand the situation.

First, no one is going to make the military pay for their own war related injuries. That issue was dead before anyone even thought of it.

No one is even going to pry the money out of private insurance, which is what was really proposed.

Next, no one but the radical left is going to go along with such a proposal, so Obama having suggested it costs him political capital. It is his loss of political capital that the Republican party will like.

Lastly, I don't hate the Republican Party. I hate the fact that it has become the Democratic Party with an R after its name, that it has adopted a big government statist position, that there is no credible conservative party left any more, and that the penchant of both parties for deficit spending is running this country into the ground, and that the tenth Amendment has been struck from the Constitution.

So, maybe in a way, I do hate the Republican Party, or at least what it has become.

Back