President Obama will visit Ft. Hood

Bunz

There seems to be the usuals who will of course be critical of the President despite what he does. I have read in a few different threads concerning this. I am not sure if this untruth has been spewed by some of the right wing media outlets or from other sources but either way, Obama will be in Ft. Hood for Veterans Day. He was going to be making his first ever visit to my fine state that day, but it was postponed so he could spend some time with the troops at Ft. Hood.

Personally I can understand that being the priority for the President but I was a little disappointed. I have Veterans Day off and there was discussion of there being a public event. Because of the change in plans the President will make a brief stopover for refueling on Thursday and then off to Asia for some other visits. No public events, just an address to the troops stationed up here.

Is there a media outlet that is critical of Obama because he hasnt been to Ft. Hood since the tragic events?

Werbung:
I dont know of any that has been but tonight I heard a report by the terrorists attorney that he can not get a fair trial because the president has brought too much attention by saying he will go visit.

Not sure if that will really stand as a legal excuse or not and in this case, it seems obama is gonna make some unhappy no matter what he does or doesnt do.

I dont know of any that has been but tonight I heard a report by the terrorists attorney that he can not get a fair trial because the president has brought too much attention by saying he will go visit.

Not sure if that will really stand as a legal excuse or not and in this case, it seems obama is gonna make some unhappy no matter what he does or doesnt do.

that lawyer is a idiot clearly,...I think the fact that Obama is there, is not going to realy make anyone know about the shootings that did not know already...Its a pointless legal move to be shot down in about 10 sec....

that lawyer is a idiot clearly,...I think the fact that Obama is there, is not going to realy make anyone know about the shootings that did not know already...Its a pointless legal move to be shot down in about 10 sec....

I hope you are right. I want the guy to get a fair trial but I do not look forward to a long drug out trial.

I think there is little doubt of his guilt. It is a matter of procedure and punishment. Lets hope the procedure end of it doesnt interfere with the punishment phase. Which in my opinion should be death by lethal injection 90days after his one and only appeal is denied.

More back on topic, I am glad he is making a stop, albeit short, I think he will return this summer for something more meaningful. Much of this stems from Alaska being the only state he has not visited.
Last week at the national tribal gathering he was invited to AK, he said he would come for a visit but wanted to wait until summertime:) The upcoming visit on Thursday is more of a refueling stop and troop visit than anything to do with policy.

More back on topic, I am glad he is making a stop, albeit short, I think he will return this summer for something more meaningful. Much of this stems from Alaska being the only state he has not visited.
Last week at the national tribal gathering he was invited to AK, he said he would come for a visit but wanted to wait until summertime:) The upcoming visit on Thursday is more of a refueling stop and troop visit than anything to do with policy.

To be fair, your state sucks...you gave us the Palin! you should be punished...though you do have that vampires issue when it gets dark for a month strait. Hope he gets to your state though soon,I missed it when he was in MN, but while I like and support him, not that big a deal to me to go see him.I know where I will be for Vets day anyway...work most of the day

To be fair, your state sucks...you gave us the Palin! you should be punished...
I never voted for her! Although she was the luckiest candidate in terms of circumstances. I actually voted for the independant canidate. I guess he is what you might consider the "conservative" at the time. Whereas Sarah of course was the RINO. Frankly I am so glad she is gone.
A few weeks ago I was in Sportsmans Warehouse and the Governor and his wife were trying on boots. Nobody bugging them, just normal folks, like it usually was, but when Sarah was nominated it changed everything.
When Alaskans went to the lower 48 the questions generally surrounded the same old worn out questions about igloos, polar bears and fishing/hunting/skiing/the cruise your aunt took/how cold it is/how light/dark.

Now it is universally...What do you think about Sarah? Or I love/hate her.
though you do have that vampires issue when it gets dark for a month strait. Hope he gets to your state though soon,I missed it when he was in MN, but while I like and support him, not that big a deal to me to go see him.I know where I will be for Vets day anyway...work most of the day
See it would have worked out perfect. I managed to see Reagan when I was a kid on a visit to up here. I was working on the boat when Clinton was here, Bush didnt make a public appearance, but I did get a cool picture of AF1 climbing with the Alaska range is the distance.
More importantly I have Wednesday off and could have just made a day of it. Ah well, maybe next time.

There seems to be the usuals who will of course be critical of the President despite what he does. I have read in a few different threads concerning this. I am not sure if this untruth has been spewed by some of the right wing media outlets or from other sources but either way, Obama will be in Ft. Hood for Veterans Day. He was going to be making his first ever visit to my fine state that day, but it was postponed so he could spend some time with the troops at Ft. Hood.

Personally I can understand that being the priority for the President but I was a little disappointed. I have Veterans Day off and there was discussion of there being a public event. Because of the change in plans the President will make a brief stopover for refueling on Thursday and then off to Asia for some other visits. No public events, just an address to the troops stationed up here.

Is there a media outlet that is critical of Obama because he hasnt been to Ft. Hood since the tragic events?

The most recent updated article that I was reading was on the New York Times {no since it putting it on here the article was about the 'ASSassin' and the cleric that he had been in touch with prior to all of this event} anyway the article had those inset pictures that showed all of the work that has to be done to protect our president when he arrives on any military base...rows & rows of semi trailer looking boxes stacked up 3 high and all around an area that can be deemed 'SAFE'.

For those 'lessor thinking humans' that seem to believe any and all presidential personnel could just hop onto an helicopter/Airforce 1 and do a 'drop by and see the folks' after such an event...interrupting a crime scene just for some pomp & circumstance is highly uncalled for and I'm glad that our current president has the wherewithal to understand that concept!

And now he's off to the region that has some naval boats shooting at each other...seems as though he might have a 'FEW IRONS' in the fire that he's dealing with that are of the world priority!!!

"It was fascinating to see Barack Obama warning us not to leap to conclusions about the killings at Fort Hood, Texas-- after the way he leaped to conclusions over the arrest of Henry Louis Gates, when he knew less about the facts than we already know about the massacre at Fort Hood. "

- Thomas Sowell, from "Random Thoughts"

"It was fascinating to see Barack Obama warning us not to leap to conclusions about the killings at Fort Hood, Texas-- after the way he leaped to conclusions over the arrest of Henry Louis Gates, when he knew less about the facts than we already know about the massacre at Fort Hood. "

- Thomas Sowell, from "Random Thoughts"

Obama was right about what happened to Gates. Oh wait, the charges were dropped because Gates was black, so obviously got special treatment. Too bad Gates wasn't white.

Thomas Sowell is a neocon. I couldn't care less what he has to say.

The question now is will the Democrat party (ie ACLU) come to Hasan's defense
or will they hang him out to dry?

Our President was and welcomed today with great love & appreciation from our troops.

He did not let them down. He not only eulogized and told personal stories about the fallen.

Thank you Mr. President for being there for America's best.

Werbung:
Back