Republican Family Values?

Not Pat Boone personally, he's just the messenger. The Republican party is being hypocritical. Here is a interesting picture of Boone, and since he's a Republican, you never know.

Popeye, you represent exactly what liberals today have become. There are many, such as vyo and coyote and 9sublime and bunz among others, who are thoughtful and considerate in their politics. But far too many are like you, without any ideas -- just partisan politics as usual.

Werbung:
Can we at least agree that both big parties are totally obessed with each other rather than the task at had which is running whatever respective government they were elected to?

Am I the only one that sees huge flaws in the party system we have? I am not saying third party anything. I am thinking no parties. There is no provisions for parties in the constitution. Parties have hijacked the entire government and wield far far far to much control.

When it comes to elections, we have the choice for dumb or dumber.
Its like having to choose between a fat lip or a black eye.

Haha I don't think panarchy is feasable to be honest, but who knows, it should be tested.

I like the idea of being able to choose your party, but I don't see how you could have facism, anarchy, democracy an and communism actively running side by side without severe conflict of interest, or at least an absoloute ton of paper work.

Haha I don't think panarchy is feasable to be honest, but who knows, it should be tested.

I like the idea of being able to choose your party, but I don't see how you could have facism, anarchy, democracy an and communism actively running side by side without severe conflict of interest, or at least an absoloute ton of paper work.

I think it is worthy of further discussion. Reply and we will resume there.

Popeye, you represent exactly what liberals today have become. There are many, such as vyo and coyote and 9sublime and bunz among others, who are thoughtful and considerate in their politics. But far too many are like you, without any ideas -- just partisan politics as usual.
Exposing hypocrisy is neither inconsiderate or venomous, it may be partisan, but in all the cases I've presented it's also the truth. Nevertheless, I've decided to show my "thoughtful and considerate" side by posting a link that has a picture of an, as of yet, unidentified Republican.

Pat Boone's favorite, Kentucky Republican incumbent Governor Fletcher, is getting desperate, as he is well down in the polls. What a stunt, hopefully he'll lose tonight.
Ten Commandments posted in Capitol on eve of election
By Joe Biesk
Associated Press

FRANKFORT - Republican Gov. Ernie Fletcher ordered the Ten Commandments displayed in the state Capitol on Monday, hitting on one of his re-election campaign themes the day before Kentucky's general election.

The Ten Commandments, along with other historical documents mounted on gold-colored easels, went on display in the Rotunda following a ruling from a federal judge earlier Monday. U.S. District Judge Joseph M. Hood ruled that a previous injunction that prohibited a different monument displaying the Biblical directives did not apply.

Kentucky's race for governor culminates today, when voters decide whether Fletcher or Democrat Steve Beshear will guide Kentucky over the next four years. Recent media polls have shown Fletcher trailing Beshear by 15 to 23 percentage points.

Throughout the campaign, Fletcher and other Republicans have criticized Beshear for an opinion he wrote as Kentucky attorney general in 1981 - following a U.S. Supreme Court ruling - that advised public schools to remove the Ten Commandments from classroom walls.

Monday's executive order from Fletcher, an ordained Baptist minister, directed the Ten Commandments be displayed as part of a "Foundations of American Law and Government Display" that includes the Magna Carta, Mayflower Compact and the Declaration of Independence.

Larry Sabato, director of the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia, said Fletcher was playing to his political base of social conservatives.

"Fletcher's only remaining hope is that somehow evangelicals come out in record numbers and that other people don't," Sabato said. "This is an attempt to pop off his base."

A politically weakened Fletcher has struggled to sway attention away from a legal scandal that has plagued him through his re-election campaign. The first GOP Republican governor in more than 30 years in this predominantly Democratic state, Fletcher was indicted last year on charges that he rewarded politically connected Republicans with government jobs at the expense of Democrats.

At least 14 people were indicted, including the governor himself, who was charged with scheming to violate state hiring laws. Fletcher issued pardons to everyone but himself.

Prosecutors dropped the misdemeanor charges against Fletcher in a deal, in which he acknowledged that the evidence "strongly indicates wrongdoing" by his administration and that the actions "were inappropriate."

The governor has since maintained that the investigation and resulting indictments were politically motivated by Democrats to lessen his chances of being re-elected.

Campaigning in Louisville, Fletcher said Monday said the timing of Ten Commandments order wasn't related to the election. Still, he used the issue to offer a distinction between himself and his opponent.

"The judge could have waited until after the election to have given us that ruling," Fletcher said. "But I told folks that we'd put it up as soon as we could."

Beshear spokeswoman Vicki Glass said the move showed Fletcher's campaign was panicking.

"He is pulling out all of the stops in an attempt to distract voters from his four years of failed leadership and from the real issues of bringing honesty and integrity back to the people of Kentucky," Glass said. "If Ernie Fletcher had been living by the Ten Commandments these last four years, he wouldn't be in the mess he's in today."
http://news.kypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071106/NEWS02/711060355/1014

Hey Bunz, what do you think of the way Rush Limbaugh attacked the 18 year old Alaskan girl, today on his show? Limbaugh, among other things, said that her testimony earlier in the day in front of a U.S. House committee on global warming made him "really want to puke. I just want to throw up." I guess, he's coming up in the world, it's better than the 12 year old he attacked over the SCHIP bill.http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/11/05/limbaugh-attacks-eighteen-year-old/

Hey Bunz, what do you think of the way Rush Limbaugh attacked the 18 year old Alaskan girl, today on his show? Limbaugh, among other things, said that her testimony earlier in the day in front of a U.S. House committee on global warming made him "really want to puke. I just want to throw up."
Okay. I just love how the left-wing websites get to just throw trash around and it ends up with legs of it's own, takes on it's own life. That is NOT what Rush Limbaugh said. I was listening at the time, and I KNEW it would be like this.

Rush's vomit-related comments were regarding the abuse of Liberals and the Global-Warming-for-Political-Gain crowd. Not the young woman.

It's amazing. When it suits, an 18-year-old is described as an adult, capable of standing up for his or her self, making their own decisions, etc. In situations like this, she's an "18 year old ... girl".
I guess, he's coming up in the world, it's better than the 12 year old he attacked over the SCHIP bill.

Again, Rush never attacked any 12-year-old. The obscene expansion of SCHIP supporters, yes. The extreme selection of a case where SCHIP actually plays a minor role, yes. The victimizing of the unscrupulous for their own political gain, yes. But not the kid.

If you'd listen once in awhile instead of relying on left-wing nuts to tell you what to think, you'd have a clue.

ADN link - not helpful for those who don't care to "register" with yet another spam e-mail source.

Crooks and liars? Ah, yeah, right. What a fabulously legitimate source of information. It's apparent from the indescribably intelligent replies their piece creates.

Okay. I just love how the left-wing websites get to just throw trash around and it ends up with legs of it's own, takes on it's own life. That is NOT what Rush Limbaugh said. I was listening at the time, and I KNEW it would be like this.
If you "KNEW it would be like this", red flags must have gone up the minute you heard his comments. Could it be, that possibly, even in your Rush clouded biased mind, the word inappropriate, began to surface?

TruthAboveAll said:
Again, Rush never attacked any 12-year-old. The obscene expansion of SCHIP supporters, yes. The extreme selection of a case where SCHIP actually plays a minor role, yes. The victimizing of the unscrupulous for their own political gain, yes. But not the kid.
If he can attack SCHIP, on it's own merits or lack of same, why not leave the 12 year old out of it? Was mocking the 12 year olds voice necessary as well?

TruthAboveAll said:
Crooks and liars? Ah, yeah, right. What a fabulously legitimate source of information. It's apparent from the indescribably intelligent replies their piece creates.
I never suggested Crooks and Liars is unbiased. Are you suggesting Limbaugh is? Your passionate defense of him suggests one thing, Dittohead. Btw, that adn link is the Anchorage Daily, there is no need to register to view the link. Either you are overly paranoid or you know very little about securing your own computer.

Hey Bunz, what do you think of the way Rush Limbaugh attacked the 18 year old Alaskan girl, today on his show? Limbaugh, among other things, said that her testimony earlier in the day in front of a U.S. House committee on global warming made him "really want to puke. I just want to throw up." I guess, he's coming up in the world, it's better than the 12 year old he attacked over the SCHIP bill.http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/11/05/limbaugh-attacks-eighteen-year-old/

Total idiotic cheapshot by Rush. You know whats funny? Nobody in her village ever even heard of Rush including the girl! We dont get him out here, so of course I didnt hear it, nor would I listen to him regardless.

I actually know of this girl. She is quite active politically. Where she has come from. The erosion from late fall storms has eroded massive amounts of shore. Sea ice barely makes it back to the shore, if at all. No time in recorded memory has this ever happened. Anyways, Rush just probably lost the 2 stations here that broadcast him.

Werbung:
ADN link - not helpful for those who don't care to "register" with yet another spam e-mail source.

The ADN is the Anchorage Daily News. By far the largest read paper in the state.

CLIMATE CHANGE: Radio host criticized for saying Yup'ik youth was exploited.

By ERIKA BOLSTAD< /br>ebolstad@adn.com

Published: November 6, 2007
Last Modified: November 6, 2007 at 03:04 PM

WASHINGTON -- Charlee Lockwood has never heard of Rush Limbaugh or listened to his radio program, and perhaps it's just as well.

Monday, the talk radio king told listeners that Democrats were exploiting the 18-year-old Yup'ik Eskimo, and that her emotional testimony earlier in the day in front of a U.S. House committee on global warming made him "really want to puke. I just want to throw up."

"It's the Democrats exploiting a young child, ladies and gentlemen, for the advancement of a political issue that will grow the size of government and increase their control over everyone," Limbaugh told listeners of the 600 stations nationwide that carry his show.

Lockwood didn't let Limbaugh's comments faze her. Her upbringing in the community of St. Michael included learning "about respect and treating people the way you want to be treated," Lockwood said, during a brief interview just before she got on a plane to return to her village on Alaska's west coast.

And she had plenty of people willing to defend her.

"For Rush Limbaugh to make fun of young people coming in and trying to be a part of the political process, it really shows a disdain for political discourse and for the role of young people in that political discourse," said Eben Burnham-Snyder, a spokesman for the chairman of the committee, U.S. Rep. Ed Markey, D-Mass.

Limbaugh's attack on the teenager was "outrageous and grotesque," said Deborah Williams, an Anchorage environmentalist who accompanied Lockwood on the teen's first trip to the nation's capital in 2005.

It's one thing to take aim at a public figure, Williams said, but it's quite another to attack someone young and eager to participate in the democratic process.

"I know Charlee really quite well and she is her own person," Williams said. "She got involved in this because she feels a big moral commitment to protect her community. She is passionate about this issue, and she has so much invested in this issue."

Lockwood was among 5,000 teens and young adults who descended on Washington Monday in what may have been the biggest lobbying day ever on energy and climate issues. Ten other young people from Alaska attended the event, through Alaska Youth for Environmental Action.

Organizers described the Washington gathering, known as Power Shift 2007, as "the first national youth summit to solve the climate crisis."

Lockwood, who hopes to study to be a health aide in rural Alaska, has already become something of a veteran environmental activist. She traveled to Washington, D.C., two years ago to deliver 5,000 signatures from fellow Alaska high school students who sought to draw attention to the effects of global warming in the state.

Monday, she and other students met with a staffer in U.S. Rep. Don Young's office and with both of Alaska's senators, Republicans Lisa Murkowski and Ted Stevens.

Stevens hadn't listened to the Limbaugh program Monday afternoon, although an aide burned a CD for him to listen to later at home. The senator had no comment on the program, said Aaron Saunders, a spokesman for Stevens.

The young people from Alaska spent about an hour Monday engaged in a "lively and frank conservation about climate change and global warming" with Stevens, Saunders said.

The senator and the students weren't in total agreement, Saunders said. Stevens has repeatedly questioned the causes of global warming but acknowledges that climate change has had a disastrous effect on the state's remote villages.

Last month, Stevens accompanied the chairwoman of the Disaster Recovery subcommittee, Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La., to Shishmaref to survey the damage from coastal erosion.

On Monday, Lockwood offered an eloquent description of the effects of global warming on her own village of St. Michael.

Moose once walked by the village; now, they've migrated farther north and are rarely seen. There are fewer fish each year at the family's summer fish camp, Lockwood said, and their favorite berry-picking spots aren't producing as much fruit anymore.

"Our traditional ways of life will die like the food we grew up eating, our hunters will have to travel farther to keep food in their homes," she warned in testimony submitted to the committee.

"Our culture will die because everyone will have to move someplace and there will be no one to teach them to."

Back