Reverse racism?

Has years of reverse racism in our society, created this monster?

There seems to be a growing tide of unrest across our nation, due to the discrimination against the Anglo male.

When will we learn to treat everyone equally?

Perpetuation of reverse-racism leads to racism. Thats acts such as this can be attributed to such thing.

http://www.wnbc.com/news/14322201/detail.html

What if you suddenly turned into a young white guy? You might say to yourself "well, this is an unpleasant turn of events, but now at least I won't be discriminated against any more." Then you'd be in for the shock of your life.

- You'd watch TV and movies and ask yourself "Why are us white guys so often portrayed as evil, unhip, stupid, sexless, and cowardly?"
- You'd apply to college and might get turned down because you're a white guy.
- You'd apply to law school and might get turned down because you're a white guy.
- You'd apply for a job and might get turned down because you're a white guy.
- You'd apply for the fire department or ploice department and might get turned down because you're a white guy.
- You'd apply for a scholarship, and wonder where did all those race-based scholarships go to? You'd say, hmmmmmm, maybe I can get one from the $100 million Gates Millenium Scholars foundation, get all excited, and then see that no whites need apply.
- You'd apply for a union apprenticeship and might get turned down because you're a white guy.

At some point, you'd say "Geez, I'll take the being pulled over instead of this - somebody change me back - quickly!"

"Affirmative action", aka "DI-versity", the racial discrimination against whites, particularly white males, is happening right now all over the country in thousands of places - where ever people are being hired, where ever people are being admitted to schools, where ever contracts are being awarded, where ever merit used to be the deciding factor. To claim it doesn't exist is preposterous - the lib establisment has struggled again and again on its behalf, fought (and won) at the supreme court. And all for something that doesn't exist? Nonsense that I will not dignify by engaging in any surreal discussions about anymore.

The number of white people isn't the issue at all - the issue is how relatively often white males are portrayed negatively - and it's often. Don't bother me with straw man stupidity.,

Werbung:
You know it is interesting. I am a mixed race male. Part white, part Alaska Native. Growing up in an urban setting in Alaska, I was shunned by some of my social circle as a Native. Then when I moved to rural Alaska residing among mostly Alaska Natives, I get flak because I am a white guy.
When in fact I am neither, nor both. I am a single person, an individual who should be judged on the merits of my action and not the color of my skin.
I have no choice in my parents and what ethnic groups I belong to or not. Nor does that really matter in the long run.

That being said, having some access to social services based on my partial ethnic minority makeup, it is far easier to be a straight white male in this country than anything else. And anyone who tells you different simply doesnt know, or wants to distort facts to fit into thier twisted social agenda.

...dude. You have so many issues it isn't even funny.

As for reverse discrimination..okay, i have to agree that sometimes the **** gets insane. Like, you know, white pride day would make me racist. A white person's college fund would make me racist. White History Month would make me racist. It's a touchy subject, but I don't go around claiming every person who happens to have a darker pigment is out to get me.

Only bigoted racists do that...oh, wait...

Yeah. Good thing you know how to earn your bans.

As for reverse discrimination..okay, i have to agree that sometimes the **** gets insane. Like, you know, white pride day would make me racist. A white person's college fund would make me racist. White History Month would make me racist. It's a touchy subject, but I don't go around claiming every person who happens to have a darker pigment is out to get me.

I don't agree. There's more of a common bond in terms of race between African Americans, hispanics, etc., than there is between whites. What have white people done as a group specifically of white people? The blacks have the shared history of slavery that was racial-based, hispanics have the illegal-immigrant stereotype to deal with, and the Jews have been screwed over for being the Jews more throughout history than any other minority group there is.

What has been done to whites for being white? What great things have whites achieved while self-identifying as whites, rather than as Englishmen or Christians or any of the other commonalities you can think of?

I'd be proud to be black because of things black people have done while being identified as black people. Think MLK Jr., Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglass - all people who are notable for their associations with blacks, not with the states they came from or the African groups they were descended from. While all the heritage is part of the association, the fact remains that they self-identified and the world identified them as "black" crusaders - fighting for black rights in a world that discriminated against blacks.

I'm proud of my Swedish heritage for Scandinavian nautical triumphs (we found America first, damnit!). Swedes have done some neat things over the years, and they did it as Swedes - not as whites. Sure, they were white - but people are complicated creatures. Had they identified themselves differently (and in some cases they did - like with the Vikings) I would express my pride in my past differently.

Black pride, hispanic pride, all that stuff - that's just self-identification with the people who also self-identified, or were identified by history, by things they had in common. White pride is frowned upon because who can you think of, off the top of your head, who did anything truly positive while touting his/her whiteness?

I don't agree. There's more of a common bond in terms of race between African Americans, hispanics, etc., than there is between whites. What have white people done as a group specifically of white people? The blacks have the shared history of slavery that was racial-based, hispanics have the illegal-immigrant stereotype to deal with, and the Jews have been screwed over for being the Jews more throughout history than any other minority group there is.

What has been done to whites for being white? What great things have whites achieved while self-identifying as whites, rather than as Englishmen or Christians or any of the other commonalities you can think of?

I'd be proud to be black because of things black people have done while being identified as black people. Think MLK Jr., Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglass - all people who are notable for their associations with blacks, not with the states they came from or the African groups they were descended from. While all the heritage is part of the association, the fact remains that they self-identified and the world identified them as "black" crusaders - fighting for black rights in a world that discriminated against blacks.

I'm proud of my Swedish heritage for Scandinavian nautical triumphs (we found America first, damnit!). Swedes have done some neat things over the years, and they did it as Swedes - not as whites. Sure, they were white - but people are complicated creatures. Had they identified themselves differently (and in some cases they did - like with the Vikings) I would express my pride in my past differently.

Black pride, hispanic pride, all that stuff - that's just self-identification with the people who also self-identified, or were identified by history, by things they had in common. White pride is frowned upon because who can you think of, off the top of your head, who did anything truly positive while touting his/her whiteness?

Julius Ceaser, when he let the Jewish people decide the fate of God, he knew what he must do, it was his fate. He in all of his Angloness knew God when he met him, it was the others that denied, correct?

What I stated was pure Irony, The trial and strife of groups and peoples are true as you have stated, I do take exception with your statement. The Anglo is being persecuted right now before your eye's and you hear us screaming, just as MLK Jr., Harriet Tubman did for the black.

The Anglo has done more for civilized society than anyother group, and I ask you who is trying to demean the white in our society today?

The Liberal branch of our government and the media(who is controlled and operated by the who?) in all of it's forms.

I find it funny how everyone can bad mouth the Anglo and we just have to be real men and take it, the rest of you cowards then cry and say, dont talk about us you racist, your the racist, coward.

It is funny how the world turns, people have been pursecuted throughout history, and it is your actions that will one day return you to your day of pursecution my friend, I dont want to hear a wimper, just as you expect from the Anglo at this time.

That's not my point, dude. I really couldn't care about pride for being white. Racial pride, to me, is pointless, because who cares what color you are, or what your race did?

Mine apparently screwed over everyone ever, so that's my fault. my point is that in being white I am somehow responsible for every idiocy of every white jackass who came before me, and because I am white I am not, nor will I ever, get support for things like financial aid and unemployment. I don't need it, I'm WHITE. Obviously. It's that kind of stuff that gets me angry.

Now that's not true all the time, but no one can deny that the world is generally one big stereotype, no matter what your skin color is. One will usually assume a black person is more likely to steal, an automatic assumption of laziness is made when one sees a sleeping hispanic person, and no white person anywhere will ever need help financially because we've got the money.

the moral of the story: Assumptions make an ass out of u and me.

PS- I-Am, shut the hell up.

That's not my point, dude. I really couldn't care about pride for being white. Racial pride, to me, is pointless, because who cares what color you are, or what your race did?

Mine apparently screwed over everyone ever, so that's my fault. my point is that in being white I am somehow responsible for every idiocy of every white jackass who came before me, and because I am white I am not, nor will I ever, get support for things like financial aid and unemployment. I don't need it, I'm WHITE. Obviously. It's that kind of stuff that gets me angry.

Dead on target. Implementing a policy that penalizes people because they have the same skin color as someone who held slaves, or discriminated against minorities in the past, is unjust and irrational.

Dead on target. Implementing a policy that penalizes people because they have the same skin color as someone who held slaves, or discriminated against minorities in the past, is unjust and irrational.

This is true, but remember that it works the other way as well. It just bugs me that some people seem to think anyone who isn't white can't be a racist. That's a lie. And then when you outright tell someone they're a racist, you're a racist for calling them one. It's a twisted cycle of endless pointless arguement. Kind of like the abortion thread.

I've always found it interesting that as a second generation Norwegian-American that I've had some Afro-Americans, from all age groups, tell me that since I'm a white male with blue eyes and blond hair that my grandparents (that came from Norway in 1920 and 'became citizens' of the United States. Which by their accounting made my parents (My father was Norwegian-German/Danish, my Mother was Norwegian) first generation 'American'.) had owned slaves during America's Slave Period (Geographically impossible if not religiously impossible. Also the actual time line is a way off of center and not in line with the historical ending of slavery in the United States in the 1860's because my Grandparents were 20 and 16 when they immigrated in 1920.) so therefore, in their opinion, I'm a 'racist' irregardless of evidence to the contrary.
Convenient logic isn't it.

I've always found it interesting that as a second generation Norwegian-American that I've had some Afro-Americans, from all age groups, tell me that since I'm a white male with blue eyes and blond hair that my grandparents (that came from Norway in 1920 and 'became citizens' of the United States. Which by their accounting made my parents (My father was Norwegian-German/Danish, my Mother was Norwegian) first generation 'American'.) had owned slaves during America's Slave Period (Geographically impossible if not religiously impossible. Also the actual time line is a way off of center and not in line with the historical ending of slavery in the United States in the 1860's because my Grandparents were 20 and 16 when they immigrated in 1920.) so therefore, in their opinion, I'm a 'racist' irregardless of evidence to the contrary.

Funny, I'm a white man with blonde hair and blue eyes and I've never once in my life been told that.

I've heard that too, and heard MANY times that "duh white man" (no qualification or limiter added) owes blacks something. Given the great waves of immigration of europeans that came after the civil war (including my ancestors) I'd hazard a guess that the majority of white people in this country trace their ancestry in this country back only to the post civil war era. Also, even during the slavery era, a minority of whites owned slaves, basically upper-class farmers, and I would bet that even in the slavery era South a minority of whites owned slaves. And of course, the starting point in the slave commerce was black african chieftains raiding villages for slaves, and transporting them to the african coast to sell to slave traders.

Ahhhhh, but in spite of all that, everyone with white skin is/was a slave owner. Like most of the race politics, race hustling, and race Pee See in this country, that claim is pure, refined, 112% BS.

I've heard that too, and heard MANY times that "duh white man" (no qualification or limiter added) owes blacks something. Given the great waves of immigration of Europeans that came after the civil war (including my ancestors) I'd hazard a guess that the majority of white people in this country trace their ancestry in this country back only to the post civil war era. Also, even during the slavery era, a minority of whites owned slaves, basically upper-class farmers, and I would bet that even in the slavery era South a minority of whites owned slaves. And of course, the starting point in the slave commerce was black African chieftains raiding villages for slaves, and transporting them to the African coast to sell to slave traders.

Ahhhh, but in spite of all that, everyone with white skin is/was a slave owner. Like most of the race politics, race hustling, and race Pee See in this country, that claim is pure, refined, 112% BS.

After doing some reading on the subject of American slavery(For after being accused of being descended from slave owners by descendants of slaves and etc the subject did pique my interest.) I do agree with you that a "minority of whites" owned slaves and it would appear that the whites that did own slaves and could of been seen by their culture as the 'new world elite' of that society ie., as 'privileged land owners', in a largely agricultural society.
I've also learned that significant volume of the slave trade from Africa to the New World was also 'dealt in' by some of the Muslim countries of the day because of their well established slave trade and slave routes from Africa.
Well I digress, but as for reverse discrimination; I do know for a fact that it exists and that existence, due largely to people that profit form it's existence, really sets a precident for the cycle of hate and mistrust to repeat itself with a renewed vigor if not addressed in an intelligent and timely manner.
Which I don't think it will be because of the emotional issues still attached to it.

Werbung:
Back