sex ed in schools..should abstinence be taught

It's interesting seeing how things have flipped around in some parts of the country. When I took Sex. Ed. in school, a long time ago, the district assumed that students didn't have parental permission until the permission slips were signed and returned to the office. Now in New York they assume that you do have permission to take a drug unless a form is returned to the school stating that permission is revoked and the school doesn't have to notify the parents that the drug was dispensed. What else are they giving the kids in that district?

I hope that story was poorly reported because if that's true, that's unbelievable.
After this story broke, Portland Oregon public schools confirmed they will give the morning after pill without parent consent or knowledge. Also at least twice the Portland public schools have taken girls for abortions and never told the parents, the only way the parents found out was one of the girls bled to death in her bed room and the other had complications of bleeding and told her parents about the abortion and went to the ER, but the school never said a word. Both of those stories are at least 5 years old, this has been going on a long time. Parents need to wake up and fight back!

Werbung:
The morning after pill can do the same thing. I had a miscarriage at five weeks and had to go to the emergency. A friend had a miscarriage at 4 months and almost died. The morning after pill does the same thing to a girls body as a miscarriage does.

sorry I thought the genesis of this line was SCHOOLS (at least some of them some where) now issuing plan B's

After going back and rereading the OP, I see you are right. No, it is not the role of the school to provide birth control. It is the role of the school to educate children about sexuality, among other things, but not to provide birth control devices. That is the role of the medical establishment. My bad.

Do you have any kids?
I have a son and a daughter. Both are in their 40s now. Both were taught that sex before marriage was a bad decision. Had one of them had unprotected sex at the age of 14, I would have wanted my daughter/the girlfriend to have access to a morning after pill rather than have to face the decision of abortion or childbirth later on. I would not have wanted them to be punished by having to face pregnancy for going against my wishes.

Do you have children? What would you want for them if they had unprotected sex?

After this story broke, Portland Oregon public schools confirmed they will give the morning after pill without parent consent or knowledge. Also at least twice the Portland public schools have taken girls for abortions and never told the parents, the only way the parents found out was one of the girls bled to death in her bed room and the other had complications of bleeding and told her parents about the abortion and went to the ER, but the school never said a word. Both of those stories are at least 5 years old, this has been going on a long time. Parents need to wake up and fight back!
All this sounds quite right until you consider that all too often the father of the baby and the father of the girl are one and the same.

We don't live in a perfect world.

I have a son and a daughter. Both are in their 40s now. Both were taught that sex before marriage was a bad decision. Had one of them had unprotected sex at the age of 14, I would have wanted my daughter/the girlfriend to have access to a morning after pill rather than have to face the decision of abortion or childbirth later on. I would not have wanted them to be punished by having to face pregnancy for going against my wishes.

Do you have children? What would you want for them if they had unprotected sex?
Children, like Obama said are such a punishment .... definably, we should kill those little *uckers before their born.. After all ... I do not want my daughter to be punished with a child. Kill 'em, even if it means impairing my young daughter's future fertility abilities in the process. Kill 'em, and if that don't work there is always honor killings for her!

All this sounds quite right until you consider that all too often the father of the baby and the father of the girl are one and the same.

We don't live in a perfect world.
Even if the father of the girl is who got her pregnant that is not a good reason for the school to sneak her an abortion. If that is what you are suggesting, honestly I cant tell what your post means.

Instead of covering for the man who gets the girl pregnant the police should be arresting the man who got her pregnant and the parents should be tending to her medical needs not some dumb ass classified office worker in a school

Even if the father of the girl is who got her pregnant that is not a good reason for the school to sneak her an abortion. If that is what you are suggesting, honestly I cant tell what your post means.

Instead of covering for the man who gets the girl pregnant the police should be arresting the man who got her pregnant and the parents should be tending to her medical needs not some dumb ass classified office worker in a school
I've already said that the school should not be involved at all.

but, a young girl who has had unprotected sex and is therefore liable to get pregnant should have access to the morning after pill. Why subject her to either childbirth or abortion unnecessarily?

I'd think that anyone who is anti abortion would be in favor of making birth control of all sorts available, particularly to teens who are not yet ready to be parents.

but, a young girl who has had unprotected sex and is therefore liable to get pregnant should have access to the morning after pill.

First of all, a young girl under the age of 18 cannot consent to her own medical care. This is the responsibility of a legal guardian. And, secondly, if the school isn't providing these products as you say you are against , then who is? If it is anyone other than the legal guardian of that child it is WRONG!

Too many things can go wrong with the morning after pill, if the child isn't monitored. If a girl isn't going to tell her family about having sex, what is going to make her tell them about side effects to the pill. Also, if she's going to start having sex, there is a good chance she(he) isn't going to stop. At least a parent can see that she gets and uses birth control, so she isn't subjecting herself to repeated mistakes and maybe they could get her some serious counseling on STD's etc. There are signs (if your paying attention) of a daughter who is getting too "chummy" with boys. That's the time to have "the talk" before a pregnancy occurs.

Another question I have, is would you have had your daughter/son aborted because you were too young? Can you imagine your life without that child? Well your grandchild is now that "mistake" your daughter/son made. That grandchild could very well be the joy of your life.

but, a young girl who has had unprotected sex and is therefore liable to get pregnant should have access to the morning after pill. Why subject her to either childbirth or abortion unnecessarily?

I'd think that anyone who is anti abortion would be in favor of making birth control of all sorts available, particularly to teens who are not yet ready to be parents.
I am not sure what I would do if my daughter had sex but I wouldnt just run out and get the morning after pill. There is a great deal of risk in that pill.

Werbung:
Back