sex ed in schools..should abstinence be taught

I've already said that the school should not be involved at all.

but, a young girl who has had unprotected sex and is therefore liable to get pregnant should have access to the morning after pill. Why subject her to either childbirth or abortion unnecessarily?

I'd think that anyone who is anti abortion would be in favor of making birth control of all sorts available, particularly to teens who are not yet ready to be parents.

I'm having trouble with you using terms like "punish" and "subject" when the actual issue is one of responsibility. All thats happening is them finding out that actions have consequences.

Werbung:
I know there are many risks with abortion and with the morning after pill. I gathered from your post you thought a pregnancy was more risky than the abortion or the pill. Was I right?
Well, it probably is, but the pill is the least risky option of all, and doesn't raise the uncomfortable issues that abortion does, nor does it encourage a young girl to try to raise a child she is not ready to have.

I'm having trouble with you using terms like "punish" and "subject" when the actual issue is one of responsibility. All thats happening is them finding out that actions have consequences.

Does that mean that, the morning after when the import of what has happened sinks in, you want to make the girl face up to responsibility by making sure that she has the choice between abortion or childbirth?

That seems to me to be a big load to put on young shoulders.

Does that mean that, the morning after when the import of what has happened sinks in, you want to make the girl face up to responsibility by making sure that she has the choice between abortion or childbirth?

The problem with the morning after pill, is most girls aren't going to use it until she starts having pregnancy symptoms. By then the egg has now implanted it's self into the lining of the uterus and started forming a blood supply that connects to the mothers.

The pill is meant to disrupt the lining of the uterus so that the egg can't implant, which happens about 3 days after having sex, not three weeks or three months later.

The problem with the morning after pill, is most girls aren't going to use it until she starts having pregnancy symptoms. By then the egg has now implanted it's self into the lining of the uterus and started forming a blood supply that connects to the mothers.

The pill is meant to disrupt the lining of the uterus so that the egg can't implant, which happens about 3 days after having sex, not three weeks or three months later.
Correct. The morning after pill is meant for the morning after. If the girl waits too long, then the choice is childbirth or abortion. Not an easy choice for a young girl, and one that needs to be avoided if at all possible.

First line of defense: Make sure that she and her boyfriend understand that sex before marriage is a bad choice and why.
Second line of defense: effective birth control.

If both fail, then the kids are left with a difficult, adult choice to make, and there is nothing anyone can do but offer support and advice.

did I mention abortion ? not an option with me as I believe you knew. more like adoption or keep.
big load ? yes it is. thats kind of the point.

If both fail, then the kids are left with a difficult, adult choice to make, and there is nothing anyone can do but offer support and advice.

There are thousands of sad stories out there about "the choice" to abort. Women who have had abortions often feel guilt, and for some, it follows them their whole life. That's one of the things they are never told when given the "choice".

I happened to find a website for women that was like a counseling group for women who had had abortions, and then found they were haunted by what they had done. I only read a few because it broke my heart that they were so broken-hearted.

What risk is there in pregnancy or abortion? Is that what you're asking?

Or is there a third alternative?
Your comment is a prime example of how luned out liberals view pregnancy. News Flash for you here my liberal friend ... pregnancy is not a disease. It is a normal process that DOES NOT come with the same risk as your sick alternatives!

But , most importantly, in context to what you are saying .... legal guardians have the final say over their children's medical care ... not some wacko liberal supported government.

There are thousands of sad stories out there about "the choice" to abort. Women who have had abortions often feel guilt, and for some, it follows them their whole life. That's one of the things they are never told when given the "choice".

I happened to find a website for women that was like a counseling group for women who had had abortions, and then found they were haunted by what they had done. I only read a few because it broke my heart that they were so broken-hearted.

I guess its heartening to know that some have retained a conscience.

Well, it probably is, but the pill is the least risky option of all, and doesn't raise the uncomfortable issues that abortion does, nor does it encourage a young girl to try to raise a child she is not ready to have.

The problem with the pill is it makes you more prone to breast cancer and that is already high risk in our family and it can cause problems with fertility later in life. My oldest niece cannot conceive and wants to. It’s in part from being on the pill since she was a teen. That is a lifelong tragedy.

You assume that becoming pregnant means you must be a mom if you are not into abortion; Adoption is a very good alternative. I adopted. Adopting is a wonderful blessing.

Had anyone mentioned the alternative of adoption when I had my abortion I would have made a different choice and it would have kept me from having a feeling of dread that I cannot escape. It’s a lifelong feeling that no one would want and can’t be dismissed or forgotten. The abortion I had is the worst choice I had ever made in my entire life and I know I am not alone.

I could have a different feeling had I given the baby up for adoption than I think but I could have at least always say I gave the baby life and a chance. I cannot say that considering the choice I made.

Excellent point ...
These wacko liberals are so far removed from reality it is pathetic! Every time they post a comment ... their ignorance is beyond obvious!

sometimes when you want to feel a certain way it has a curious effect...

blinders.jpg

Werbung:
Back