the left and right wont unite

I did not post the thread because I wanted to unite or because I even think it is possible

I just thought it was funny that a big reason people stated for voting for obama is he would unite everyone and it turns out we are more partisan than ever

The fact is that the Right so fears what they saw in the last election... a candidate Obama uniting the people to throw out even more pubbies that they are taking any & every opportunity to present AstroTurf bashing.

If it bleeds it leads... so they have had a little run at a typical pubbie handbook misinformation & smear campaign. But that's ending... it's played out. They over played their hand (yet again)... what little hand that was left.

The Health Insurance Reform Bill gets passed and the hard Left is back polling good with the moderate Dems & the majority of the Independents all in the first year after historic and hard fought for legislation... our President is in fine shape.

All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind.
Abraham Lincoln

Werbung:
I did not post the thread because I wanted to unite or because I even think it is possible

I just thought it was funny that a big reason people stated for voting for obama is he would unite everyone and it turns out we are more partisan than ever

We're united! What's wrong with you?:)

I do not quite understand the controversy regarding the inability of the two parties to work in a 'bipartisan' manner? What does that even entail. Supposedly, the parties are supposed to represent ideological differences, so it is a paradox to unite ideological differences. I say Obama and the dems tell the republicans to screw off, and go ahead with whatever they were going to do anyways.

I do not quite understand the controversy regarding the inability of the two parties to work in a 'bipartisan' manner? What does that even entail. Supposedly, the parties are supposed to represent ideological differences, so it is a paradox to unite ideological differences. I say Obama and the dems tell the republicans to screw off, and go ahead with whatever they were going to do anyways.

BINGO ... except Obie is at a loss with part of his voter base (the blue dem's)

I wish Obie would tell the conservatives to screw off ... he would be dead before he hit the ground as far as ever hoping to ever get re- elected ...

Not all Dem's are stupid enough to like his stunts ... and I doubt he will be able to pull the NON voters out a second time.

We're united! What's wrong with you?:)

haha we are as united as oil and water

I do not mean you when I say this, I mean the two parties

I do not find you a partisan person at all really except for religion perhaps and homosexual issues. You seem to have picked a side and defend it. Nothing wrong with that, dont get me wrong.

But most partisan people are partisan down the line with Ds or Rs

I do not find you a partisan person at all really except for religion perhaps and homosexual issues. You seem to have picked a side and defend it. Nothing wrong with that, dont get me wrong.

Both parties have a long and ugly record of butt-surfing the public, those people are not on our side. Off planet migration is the only answer I see... adios!

That's what will happen soon.

This President is very smart. He knew that if he presented a plan up front as President Clinton did the Republicant Obstructionist Party would simply say he wasn't giving them a voice because his mind was made up before hand.

By throwing it to Congress and letting them come up with several proposals while having Republicants at the table (the Republicants who he knew all along would want nothing to do with fixing anything) could only say one thing, and that's not we weren't included but... we need to stop this whole process.:eek:

By doing this the President can come in at the end and say... Doing nothing is not acceptable, American families just can't live with the statis quo any longer, here's what we're going to do.

I agree it's lengthy and tedious to watch the Republicant circus whine and fearmonger but it's actually very smart to let it play out and then set the plan.

At the end people like a President that gets difficult stuff done.

But we are at least trying... see...

Werbung:
Back