Votes: 8 57.1%
  • A few weeks

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Longer

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Texas Congressman: ‘Kentucky Kickback’ With a $17 Trillion Debt Is ‘Criminal’

Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas) appeared on the “Glenn Beck Program” Friday, where he spoke with fill-in host Doc Thompson about the “debacle” of recent weeks in Washington and the future of the Tea Party.

“Unfortunately … you’re playing on a football team and you got a bunch of guys over in the Senate that are not playing on your team,” Stockman said. “It’s unbelievable.”

“Jesus Christ was sold out for 40 pieces of silver, apparently we were sold out for a $2 billion project,” he continued. “That’s horrible. That was a backroom deal that should never have happened…”

Werbung:
I agree - a crooked backroom deal. If we want to look at the rosy side of it, $2 B was a bargain in stopping the insanity that caused the government a $24 B loss. At least the $2B Kentucky kickback€ will buy locks and dams for the Ohio River and is not a total waste like the $24 B was.
Really .....

24 Billion, huh .... and how does that compare to the nearly 1 trillion in debt just added when the deal was struck to "re-open" the government?

Really .....

24 Billion, huh .... and how does that compare to the nearly 1 trillion in debt just added when the deal was struck to "re-open" the government?
How does it compare? That's easy. Just do the math.
If exactly $1 trillion is the added debt, the gov shutdown caused the added debt to be

1.024 Trillion

If in the unlikely case the gov were able to do the Kentucky kickback right away and prevent the shutdown the added debt would be

1.002 Trillion

That's a little bit smaller, but at least it will do something useful and create jobs rather than create absolutely nothing and cause the temporary loss of jobs in the furlough.

I still think the backroom deal was the usual criminal acts of the criminal government. But, as I said before, I'm giving the rosy side of the picture.

How does it compare? That's easy. Just do the math.
If exactly $1 trillion is the added debt, the gov shutdown caused the added debt to be

1.024 Trillion

If in the unlikely case the gov were able to do the Kentucky kickback right away and prevent the shutdown the added debt would be

1.002 Trillion

That's a little bit smaller, but at least it will do something useful and create jobs rather than create absolutely nothing and cause the temporary loss of jobs in the furlough.

I still think the backroom deal was the usual criminal acts of the criminal government. But, as I said before, I'm giving the rosy side of the picture.
1.024 Trillion ......

Really? ..... you do realize that all of the governments obligations were already funded and the whole "shut down" thing was to increase spending .... not fund existing obligations .... Right?

....... Of Course you do !

It's simple: It was economically worth while to pay McConnell his extortion money to end the quagmire.
Wrong again ....

Obamacare will be the most destructive policy to the American economy in US history. No amount of extortion nor propaganda will ever be worth this disaster!!

Ted Cruz was RIGHT and as time goes on this fact will become more evident than ever!

What's the $24 billion?

It's a figure that all the wacko MSM outlets are reporting on how much it cost the American Economy during the government shut down. But, of course .... just like all the other ********* the MSM reports and tries to blame the GOP and the TEA Party for .... it's simple not true!

There Will Be No $24B Economic Loss From the Government Shutdown

Are you surprised to find our sheeple friend parroting this non-sense?

Probably the loss of monies collected at the national parks. Which was deliberately done to hurt the people. I could see lost productivity by government workers.....if you could call government workers productive....:p

Wrong again ....

Obamacare will be the most destructive policy to the American economy in US history. No amount of extortion nor propaganda will ever be worth this disaster!!

Ted Cruz was RIGHT and as time goes on this fact will become more evident than ever!
Senator Cruz returns to Texas welcome after shutdown battle

Cruz was greeted with an eight-minute standing ovation in an appearance organized by the Texas Federation of Republican Women. People in attendance, many of them wearing red to show their support for keeping Texas a conservative-leaning state, lined up to greet him.

Werbung:
Probably the loss of monies collected at the national parks. Which was deliberately done to hurt the people. I could see lost productivity by government workers.....if you could call government workers productive....:p
I would guess that these areas were closed to prevent vandalism and liability for injury in parks. Museum closure would be to prevent theft of course. If I were responsible for a swimming pool with no life guard, I would certainly close it.

Back