When we outlaw guns...

Yeah, me too, I just extend that distaste for murder to all sentient beings.

If I did believe in "culling" then I would, without a doubt, start with the one group of creatures on this planet that need culling the most: humans.

"Sentient" typically applies to those with a perceptive consciousness. In a lose sense, it can apply to any living creature with feelings. I do believe that nearly every living being has some level of the sensation of feeling. Okay, maybe I'll exclude mosquitoes and deer flies from that... :D

*IF* you did believe in culling, and *If* you were to start with humans, how would you qualify those most deserving? By race? Color? Political belief? Religious belief? Country of residence? Age? Eye color? Physical attractiveness? Voice modulation? Dental hygiene?

Werbung:
Its wether or not you believe in dominion or stewardship. I believe we should do a lot to look after the earth and the rest of its inhabitants, not causing unneccessary slaughter/pain etc.

Humans can be the worst animals of them all. But, I still favour us over anything else.

A lion is attacking you, do you let it kill you or the police shoot it?

Just wanted to say that in my view dominion and stewardship are not mutually exclusive concepts. Because I'm a Christian, and I believe that we are created by God :eek: I believe that we have a superior position in the world. We are placed in dominion over it, but that dominion requires a benevolent stewardship over it. I want the world to be as clean and nice a place, with as many creatures and beauty to be there to be enjoyed by my great grandchildren. And THEIR great grandchildren.

I agree with you regarding the unnecessary slaughter, pain or cruelty, and that humans can be the worst. The flip side of our sentience is that when corrupted, our cruelty and barbarism can surpass the most vicious wild beast.

If a lion were attacking me, if I was unable to defend myself, then heck yes! I'd want the police to shoot it!

Look out folks, we've got ourselves an Eco-Nazi!

It's kind of funny (pecu) to be called an eco-nazi, I've been called a terrorist too. In a discussion about sadism, killing for pleasure, I was the only person who owned no weapons and was advocating for non-violence, but somehow I got labeled a "terrorist" for that. Seriously twisted thinking!

Its wether or not you believe in dominion or stewardship. I believe we should do a lot to look after the earth and the rest of its inhabitants, not causing unneccessary slaughter/pain etc.

Humans can be the worst animals of them all. But, I still favour us over anything else.

A lion is attacking you, do you let it kill you or the police shoot it?

Since it was somewhat ambiguous as to whom you were addressing, I'll answer the question. My personal philosophy is "Harm none". So far it's worked quite well, in cases where harm is being done, then one tries to minimize it. A lion in a crowd of people should probably be killed if it's causing trouble.

There is so much suffering in the world that I feel it behooves me to try to reduce it if I can, but certainly not ADD to it unless absolutely necessary. I don't require, expect, or even ask anyone else to live as I do. How do I become the terrorist/eco-nazi?

"Sentient" typically applies to those with a perceptive consciousness. In a lose sense, it can apply to any living creature with feelings. I do believe that nearly every living being has some level of the sensation of feeling. Okay, maybe I'll exclude mosquitoes and deer flies from that... :D

*IF* you did believe in culling, and *If* you were to start with humans, how would you qualify those most deserving? By race? Color? Political belief? Religious belief? Country of residence? Age? Eye color? Physical attractiveness? Voice modulation? Dental hygiene?

Violence.

Werbung:
I don't think you are at all.

I think that the animal rights activitsts who dig up old womens bones over here about gerbils getting chemicals tested in their eyes are terrorists (true story), or the over zealous protesters in Oxford who scream at you when you tell them you don't care for a leaflet you've been given 10 times over with some chimp behind bars. However, they are obviously a very small minority, and 99% of animal rights protesters have their heart in the right place and I'm against animal cruelty too.

Back